Ever had pax that stunk up the car?

backcountryrez

So today, I just drove around a gentleman who wanted to go to the post office and come back. It was a 40 minute trip to go six miles (most time spent waiting at the Post Office lot), but the guy smelled of "bro" deodorant and aftershave.

An hour later with the windows open, it still smells like this. I turned off the app as to prevent picking up riders and receiving low ratings in return.

Have you picked up some dirty, smelly pax? Overabundance of scents?

Can I get a cleaning fee for this (probably not)?

Lady Driver LBC

So today, I just drove around a gentleman who wanted to go to the post office and come back. It was a 40 minute trip to go six miles (most time spent waiting at the Post Office lot), but the guy smelled of "bro" deodorant and aftershave.

An hour later with the windows open, it still smells like this. I turned off the app as to prevent picking up riders and receiving low ratings in return.

Fabreeze is your friend in cases like these. Get a bottle quick!

Uber_Yota_916

Just say no to waiting. If there is a second destination you should have told the rider that. Making less than minimum wage is a waste of time.

Cableguynoe

I love it when someone throws a little nugget in their story like "I waited for the pax at post office",
then asks a question that didnt need those details like "have you ever picked up a smelly pax?

Another Uber Driver

It happens all the time, especially in the cab. Now do you dilettantes understand why cabs sometimes smell? We do not get a choice about the hygenic habits (or lack thereof) or pungent carryout of our passengers.

I spray the de-stinkifier and eventually the smell does go away. As I have rubber floors, washing them and the vinyl seats with either bleach or Spray Nine helps as well. In the meantime, I simply explain to my customers, be they Uber Taxi or UberX (or street hails if I am driving the cab) that my last customer (a. put out a cigaret before boarding b. had pungent carryout c. just came from the gym d. has no idea why Proctor and Gamble are in business [check all that apply]) and apologise for the smell that my last inconsiderate customer left.

Grahamcracker

Yes

bad089

I constantly get people who's mouths smell like they dine in a gas station toilet.

MHR

Picked up a pair of pax who were really cool but stunk to high heaven. On the 40 minute ride I learned they were both students from a communist run South American country.

After hearing about their lives growing up I concluded deodorant was a luxury item. Didn't make them stink less but they got a pass in my book.

sharknado523

Don't wait for more than a few minutes for a passenger, especially one like that for a quick there-and-back. It doesn't make sense since the booking fee is less than what they're paying you on a timer, and you're making less than minimum wage. It's not a good arrangement for either of you.

Kevin Melendez

I just gave a ride to Lyft HQ the guy smelled like sweat he tried to mask the smell with cologn I almost suffocated in my car. Couldn't roll down all the windows we were in the freeway.

He did tip me $3 though

sthriftybroke

I had a mom and two kids I picked up from a school. They all smelled sooooo bad. I feel so bad for the teachers who have to deal with the kids everyday.

Thing

Worst I had was a young rather 'large' guy who had a very bad body odour issue... His way of dealing with it was to disguise the smell by applying HEAPS of talcum powder under his smelly armpits...

WOW what a massive assault on your senses... he STANK so bad, 20 min trip & I had to drive down the freeway at 100 kmph with all windows down to blast the smell out of the car... big fat 1 rating for him, I never got him again :confused:

The Gift of Fish

I love it when someone throws a little nugget in their story like "I waited for the pax at post office",
then asks a question that didnt need those details like "have you ever picked up a smelly pax?
Traditionally, writing skills including the avoidance of redundancy were covered in grade school English classes. Maybe not so much now, it seems. There are now lessons available online, though.

http://www.gradesaver.com/writing-help/removing-redundancy-writing-clearly-and-concisely

Writing Help
Removing Redundancy: Writing Clearly and Concisely
Introduction

There will sometimes be a strong tendency for most of us to clutter up our writing, with a host of unnecessary words or phrases in the text. This is especially true when writing to a set word count perhaps, in which sometimes a little "padding" will assist. It doesn't change the negative impact that the clutter of redundant words and phrases are likely to have on the quality of our writing.

wk1102

I love it when someone throws a little nugget in

I prefer cash, but I've received a few nuggets as a tip.

Left one in my car once, forgot the kid gave it to me. Holy crap did my car smell like weed the next AM. I bet i did 10-12 rides after the kid gave it to me, not sure how I didn't get reported.

Cableguynoe

I prefer cash, but I've received a few nuggets as a tip.

Left one in my car once, forgot the kid gave it to me. Holy crap did my car smell like weed the next AM. I bet i did 10-12 rides after the kid gave it to me, not sure how I didn't get reported.
Ummmmm tweaking my post to tell your story:rolleyes:.
Clever!

ShinyAndChrome

I have had some people who clearly never ever shower. I once had a lady who smelled like litter box. I don't mean that in a general sense; actual used kitty litter. Nice lady and she tipped. After the ride as is often the case the windows were opened.