1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ever been pulled over by police while ubering?

Discussion in 'Stories' started by pbracing33b, Sep 5, 2015.

1. pbracing33b

pbracing33b

Driving:
    UberX
    So last night I was Ubering people home and I was pulled over last by a cop who was looking for drunk drivers, it was obvious too, he pulled me over and accused me of swerving and as I entered a slower speed (which is literally only a hundred feet long, from 50 mph to 35 mph) and speeding. Luckily my riders were cool about it, and they told me we know you didn't do anything wrong and that he was looking for drunk drivers. I said I know, so he goes back and checks my License and comes back to us and said I'm glad you guys chose to be responsible tonight and let me go on my way.

My problem with this is I don't like being pulled over for a trumped up reason, I just don't like it at all. Especially when I didn't do ANYTHING wrong, in either my driving or my speed.

Has anyone ever dealt with cops that pull you over for a trumped up charge, just to see if you have been drinking.

To me its a hassle, and should be illegal, but they do it anyhow.

How do you deal with it?

Do you find it to be a pain in the rear?

Do you stay calm or do get a little PO'd with them?

Just curious on everyone's thoughts on this.

simpsonsverytall likes this.
  2. Gretzky

Gretzky

He is doing his job, and in a perfect world saving lives in the process. You had nothing to worry about ;)

Veal66, ReviTULize and Huberis like this.
  3. Best to remain calm and not feed the trolls.

But I guess he didn't see the trade dress ?

D Town and pbracing33b like this.
  4. UberNorthStar

UberNorthStar

Driving:
    UberX
    Last night was the first night of Labor Day weekend. The police are out in force looking for intoxicated drivers.

Anytime PD pulls you over, remain calm and polite. (Yes/no, sir.) Like someone before me said, s/he is just doing their job.

JM2¢W ;)

pbracing33b likes this.
  5. D Town

D Town

If you were not drunk and not driving like an a$$ hole he shouldn't have bothered with you. All you can do is remain calm and answer all their questions politely even if they are being total d*cks. Report it in the morning.

6. limepro

limepro

Driving:
    UberXL
    I got pulled over and ticketed for loud exhaust, this is in Florida where ****s not regulated. I never did have to pay the ticket but it was a dick move. I wasn't ubering then.

D Town likes this.
  7. poopy

poopy

Driving:
    UberX
    Lol @
    and @
    This:
    http://archive.flsenate.gov/Statute...ng=&URL=0300-0399/0316/Sections/0316.272.html
    316.272(1) : Every motor vehicle shall be equipped... exhaust system... to prevent excessive or unusual noise...

Bottom line:
    Yes officer, no officer... Thank you for risking your life nightly to possibly stop some drunk driver from taking mine.

Now drive away. You've got BIG $ to make!
    ;)

Uber-on

pbracing33b likes this.
  8. UberNorthStar

UberNorthStar

Driving:
    UberX
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  9. limepro

limepro

Driving:
    UberXL
    ****s not enforced here, no inspections and I have seen way worse, I had a straight 3 inch exhaust on my rx7 it was loud as hell but my lightning is louder. I was a dick to the rookie in training and my buddy got me out of the ticket. I'm friends with all the cops on my area. I still have the cops copy of the ticket, it never got turned in just given back to me.

10. got pulled over a couple saturdays ago on my way to a 2.8 xl request that would have yielded me $90 or so...

asks for license registration blahblahblah. goes back to his car, i text pax to cancel, got pulled over, sorry.

i had been parked in the shade by this park on this particular island, as ive been doing for months, to get lucrative requests from a nearby resort. apparently, people were calling to complain about me parking there in my minivan. i guess it looked "molestery". people and their ****ing kids.
    ATTN PARENTS: trust me, i have no interest in your demonic offspring. chill the **** out.

Jose_A, beardohio and pbracing33b like this.
  11. UBERZERKER

UBERZERKER

Driving:
    UberX
    Yup..
    Finally got pulled over..
    For having blue lights on..LOL.

No biggy, bacon was actually chill about it. Even said "they do look cool though".

No citation, no impound, just a few words and surprising laughs..LOL.

Attached Files:

12. limepro

limepro

Driving:
    UberXL
    I hate those blue lights, only ricers use them.

Jose_A and SumGuy like this.
  13. UBERZERKER

UBERZERKER

Driving:
    UberX
    14 watt LED's are even brighter than HID's, but don't suck up your battery juice.

:confused:

14. Huberis

Huberis

Driving:
    Taxi
    In fifteen years of driving taxi, I can't think of too many years where I didn't have at least one eye opening experience face to face with a drunk driver. If a driver gets pulled over for suspicion of dui and they turn out to be sober, I'd think you would be fine. That being said, the only time I have ever been pulled over during the bar hours is for burned out headlights. I had a pair burn out within one month's time. The same officer puled me over at about 3;30 in the morning coming home from work. C'est la vie.

15. Aztek98

Aztek98

I've been pulled over 4 times after a pick up at a bar. I just showed them my Uber app and every time they let me go and thanked the passenger for being responsible.

I did not know they could just grab you as you left a bar parking lot. That's an eye opener.

16. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve

Driving:
    UberX
    Cops can do whatever they want. Not always legally, but what's going to stop them? A piece of paper?

They know that there's no consequences for them when they break the law, so the law is of no consequence to them.

17. UberNorthStar

UberNorthStar

Driving:
    UberX
    Police are checking for an intoxicated driver who does not need to be on the road. Don't be offended as they are protecting the rest of us on the road.

JM2¢W. :)

nighthawk398 and UBERZERKER like this.
  18. That "Free Candy" sign probably doesn't help.

19. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve

Driving:
    UberX

:(

There are good reasons why we have legal restraints on police searches and seizures. Pulling drivers over without cause is a serious attack on liberty.

20. D Town

D Town

YOU sir have made my night.

Living in North Texas I see the damage drunks do and I want the cops to crack down on it however I realize also that I don't want to lose my freedom because of it...its a balancing act it seems...crack down on drunks hard lose some of my freedom...ease up more people die...that's true of everything though I suppose. In this instance I'm going to side with more enforcement.