Eve of NYE: An under the radar evening?

DrinkSoda

We all know NYE is tomorrow and its been discussed in just about every way possible. But, I think tonight has the possibility to provide usual Saturday evening demand, if not busier than normal.

1. The obvious: Its Saturday, its cold, and snow on the ground (I've seen many vehicles in which snow has not been cleaned off the cars). Here's a Chicago city ordinance that people might not know but its there. A car parked in one spot on a city street for more than 7 days that is not moved can be considered abandoned and the city can tow it. Even if its legally parked. Drive around Lakeview and Lincoln Park. There are signs.

2. Some people choose to ring in the new year on the 30th instead of the 31st, when everybody and their pets will be celebrating. I know of some "Eve of the Eve" events happening tonight and they tend to be formal affairs.

3. UFC 219 is tonight. Cyborg vs. Holm. We've seen in the past that UFC PPV has huge drawing power and people go to bars or somebody orders it and gathers all of their friends.

Doubtful rideshare demand tonight will hit the historically high post-midnight levels from the year before, but this evening before NYE could surprise some folks.

leroy jenkins

if you're going to drive and live in the suburbs, wild a. guess that you're better off hanging around your suburban watering holes. and not driving into the city unless your fare takes there.

empty nesters, families, professional boozers and sane people are going to booze it up tonight and lay low tomorrow.

LyftRus

Interesting post, something definitely to consider, i drove this morning and was going to take the evening off and hit it hard early morning tomorrow but this evening might be tempting.

Bigbadb91

My last 2 rides last night were to midway, without df, I have a feeling a lot of people left the city as well, cause when I went home lakefront was surging at 2.0 which I’m sure were airport rides at 5-6am... hopefully not too many left for the New Years, although a lot have come to Chicago to celebrate it as well

LyftRus

My last 2 rides last night were to midway, without df, I have a feeling a lot of people left the city as well, cause when I went home lakefront was surging at 2.0 which I’m sure were airport rides at 5-6am... hopefully not too many left for the New Years, although a lot have come to Chicago to celebrate it as well
Thats exactly what they were i had a 2x to ohare at 5am and the guy was pissed cuz it was surging.

Prius13

Ord not that busy. We're traveling to Asia and are at Ord, today is not a heavy travel bail out of Chiberia day.

ChiUberDude

I think you are pretty spot on. I had one of my best mornings in a long time today, we’ll see what tonight holds. I think this cold weather is enough to alter the supply side of things a bit right now.

leroy jenkins

Thats exactly what they were i had a 2x to ohare at 5am and the guy was pissed cuz it was surging.
as__shat gets door-to-door service at 5am when it's literally below zero for the same price as a cab and he's moaning about 2X.

Hope he gets as__s exploding diarrhea this weekend.

And F___K Uber HQ for leaving so much money on the table. It should've been surging 3X.

Bigbadb91

as__shat gets door-to-door service at 5am when it's literally below zero for the same price as a cab and he's moaning about 2X.

Hope he gets as__s exploding diarrhea this weekend.

And F___K Uber HQ for leaving so much money on the table. It should've been surging 3X.
You know... I kinda did think last night that Uber kinda suppressed the amount of surge it should of been, I was getting 15minutes pings in downtown which should of been at least 3x while it didn’t really hover above 2

I massacred my accept and cancels though, 21% accept 48% cancel lmao

80sDude

Yeach I agree. Sure seemed like it wanted to go a lot higher. I caught moat
Of my rides between 1.7 and 1.9.

Saw so many dummies picking up non surge fares.

All you to do was sit back and wait 10 minutes.

Bigbadb91

Lol or keep declining or idleing out till you get the one you want

Koolbreze

why are they dummies underdevelop driver