Essence- Uber Sucked

Jazerell

Last nite it sucked... I worked until 430am, barely any surges and if you did see it surging you couldn't get there quick enough and the rider cancelled. Uber over hyped this event bringing in more drivers which saturated the area. I'll try this again tonight but Uber need to do something to compensate the time the drivers drove vs the pay we're receiving (pickups).

Steveat78

I started at 7pm and went to nearly 8am and did 21 uber trips 1 lyft trip, made $154 which inluded $14 in tips. Freaking awful! Should've been well over $200 without tips.

Lexuber

7 hours online , 9 completed trips for a total of 50 dollars ! .. Glad they offered the 30 guarantee otherwise it doesn't even pay to drive

tohunt4me

I said over and over that I didn't want to drive for Essense Fest and that I wouldn't unless there was some sort of Uber/Lyft guarantee of $30 an hour. The guarantees never showed up and I'm at home cooking a nice black angus ribeye steak.
Sounds delicious !

Perhaps i can afford the .49 cent chicken thighs on sale . . .

Steveat78

How did you get the $30 trip guarantee
He didn't, but for some reason is trolling. He never explains or shows proof, but yeah Uber is gonna pay one $30/hr with super saturation and all other drivers scraping for min wage. On second thought, Uber might do it just to pis off all the other drivers

Lyle

Market over saturation.

Too many drivers.
You nailed it Hunt. But that doesn't affect Uber they still get their cut from every ride. As long as people are willing to drive their cars into the ground. The largest taxi co in the world doesn't own a taxi. UBER.

AgentX

I'm getting ready to quit until the fall. What used to be an easy $500 week has turned into a tough $300 week. And that was even after college let out. Up until mid June I was still making at least $300 working after work and on off day.

Mrcarrollton

This event is mainly tourist who all stay within walking distance of the dome and convention center. Most are walking in groups. Uber management knew this but over hyped the event to cover their ass just in case. That's why there was never any guarantees. Now tonite they throw up fake surge to comfort drivers. But surge with no demand is useless.

AgentX

Was there nobody working the superdome around 12:30 tonight? I was way on Jeff Davis and got a ping for the arena. Good thing he was a worker waiting at the loading dock or I would have been in all that traffic on Poydras.

hawk6993

Is it just me or does no one see this is a job. There for everyone @@@@@es they don't make enough,they are patted on the back enough, everyone else has it better then me! Last night and tonight I made off with over $175 each night. Actually work and keep moving not sit at airport or middle of metairie and go downtown and make money!! It surged both nights at 3x+ !! If you put in 8-10 hours you will make money!! Yes the days of working 3hr to make $100 are gone get over it or stop driving!! This is a job not a charity!! Yes I wish Uber would take less% but 80% of something is better then not having $$ at all!!

Cquebe3

Is it just me or does no one see this is a job. There for everyone *****es they don't make enough,they are patted on the back enough, everyone else has it better then me! Last night and tonight I made off with over $175 each night. Actually work and keep moving not sit at airport or middle of metairie and go downtown and make money!! It surged both nights at 3x+ !! If you put in 8-10 hours you will make money!! Yes the days of working 3hr to make $100 are gone get over it or stop driving!! This is a job not a charity!! Yes I wish Uber would take less% but 80% of something is better then not having $$ at all!!
God bless this post