Error Message: "Your vehicle is not allowed to operate in undefined."

Andrew Robinson

Hey everyone, noob here with a noob question. I try to get online about 5-10 minutes after leaving my house and I'm in the city of Goodyear in an area that I have been picked up as a Uber rider before...lots of restaurants, shops, and a movie theater nearby. So I try to go online and I get this message, "Your vehicle is not allowed to operate in undefined..." I don't get it. I looked at the coverage map for Phoenix on the Uber site and where I was is well within the coverage area, and as I said, I have been picked up as a rider there before. So what's the deal? Anyone have an idea why I would be receiving this message? Thanks!

Kimster112

I drive in Goodyear and Buckeye without a problem for both Uber and Lyft. I've never had that problem though recently I keep getting random text msg from Uber with activation codes or that my documents are going to expire in 7 days. I have no clue what they're talking about since all my docs are up to date and I'm already active so I just ignore. You can try contacting them. So far they've taken care of any issues I've had. I'm sure if I have an issue with payments I won't hear anything back from them though.

simpsonsverytall

I have 2 vehicles.

Was told this message was directed towards my 2005 Nissan Altima.

Spent 4 hours today getting inspection for 2010 Altima.

Left to Uber Friday night and...
image.png

zackkattack13

This is happening to me too. I blocked off my entire day to drive and then I received the "your vehicle is not allowed to operate in undefined" message. I'm uber frustrated! I have tried driving once, but got no requests, come to try it again and this happens. Any ideas? I sent in a help ticket, but I'm not holding my breath. :frown:

simpsonsverytall

This is happening to me too. I blocked off my entire day to drive and then I received the "your vehicle is not allowed to operate in undefined" message. I'm uber frustrated! I have tried driving once, but got no requests, come to try it again and this happens. Any ideas? I sent in a help ticket, but I'm not holding my breath. :frown:
I don't know. Was your vehicle inspected in PA.?

I've ubered for a year and did OK.
Randomly in July, I started getting the error message. I was told that it was because my vehicle is 2005, and is now (middle of the year July?) no longer allowed to operate in my state of Maryland, but that I could drive to Washington DC to operate.
I did that, and then I got the No Requests problem.

Randomly worked several times, = just enough to F*** me, and then randomly stops working.

So I worked with family to get a 2010 Vehicle.

While in the process of signing up, the morons at Uber thought that I was choosing the wrong vehicle (because I was working on uploading the documents for the 2010 vehicle) and they activated the 2005 vehicle. Drove for a few days and then Friday I completed the Vehicle Inspection for my 2010 vehicle.

Friday Night = both vehicles "NOT ALLOWED TO OPERATE IN UNDEFINED"....

Also makes me wonder if the knuckleheads registered my area as 'Virginia' , instead of MARYLAND, because of my inspection being in Virginia(which is perfectly fine per their guidelines) , and this happening after my inspections..

Now within the last hour, Uber has both of my vehicles going ONLINE again and working properly.
I should (if it doesn't break again) be able to make some money tonight and tomorrow.

It will most likely break again soon!

very frustrating. When i get the error message I can't work. When it's the weekend, I have to deal with online support. When it's temporarily working and I take it to the UBER OFFICE during the week, they don't know wtf I am talking about.
I need it to be broken during a weekday to show the office.

sorry I'm still on the night shift schedule, and very agitated.

Last edited:

simpsonsverytall

Any idea how we can fix this?? :/
Send help messages to all 3 of the following Help Topics:

account -> Sign in troubleshooting -> unable to sign in

account -> Sign in troubleshooting -> unable to go online

account -> Maintaining an active Account -> requesting reactivation

When they send a reply (if it's not working yet) Click "NO NOT HELPFUL"
Respond with "NOT RESOLVED! Escalate"
then respond again with a screen shot of the error message

Then go to the uber office during the week.

(best advice i have, but still hasn't fixed mine long term)

zackkattack13

I don't know. Is you vehicle inspected in PA.?

I've ubered for a year and did OK.
Randomly in July, I started getting the error message. I was told that it was because my vehicle is 2005, and is now (middle of the year July?) no longer allowed to operate in my state of Maryland, but that I could drive to Washington DC to operate.
I did that, and then I got the No Requests problem.

Randomly worked several times, = just enough to F*** me, and then randomly stops working.

So I worked with family to get a 2010 Vehicle.

While in the process of signing up, the morons at Uber thought that I was choosing the wrong vehicle (because I was working on uploading the documents for the 2010 vehicle) and they activated the 2005 vehicle. Drove for a few days and then Friday I completed the Vehicle Inspection for my 2010 vehicle.

Friday Night = both vehicles "NOT ALLOWED TO OPERATE IN UNDEFINED"....

Also makes me wonder if the knuckleheads registered my area as 'Virginia' , instead of MARYLAND, because of my inspection being in Virginia(which is perfectly fine per their guidelines) , and this happening after my inspections..

Now within the last hour, Uber has both of my vehicles going ONLINE again and working properly.
I should (if it doesn't break again) be able to make some money tonight and tomorrow.

It will most likely break again soon!

very frustrating. When i get the error message I can't work. When it's the weekend, I have to deal with online support. When it's temporarily working and I take it to the UBER OFFICE during the week, they don't know wtf I am talking about.
I need it to be broken during a weekday to show the office.

sorry I'm still on the night shift schedule, and very agitated.
Thank you so much for telling me about your experience.

Yeah, I originally signed up to drive in Ohio where I attempted to drive and received no requests. Later that evening, I sent Uber Support an email to see if I could drive in Pittsburgh. They said "Your account is already linked to this city. There is no need to make changes to your account. " So... today I make the timely drive to Pittsburgh to see that ridiculous error message. Do you have any recommendation for being able to get in touch with Uber Support today? I mean, I'm still currently in Pittsburgh hoping this resolves itself, but I'm starting to feel pretty pessimistic about being able to drive today...

zackkattack13

Send help messages to all 3 of the following Help Topics:

account -> Sign in troubleshooting -> unable to sign in

account -> Sign in troubleshooting -> unable to go online

account -> Maintaining an active Account -> requesting reactivation

When they send a reply (if it's not working yet) Click "NO NOT HELPFUL"
Respond with "NOT RESOLVED! Escalate"
then respond again with a screen shot of the error message

Then go to the uber office during the week.

(best advice i have, but still hasn't fixed mine long term)
It's unfortunate that you know so many ways to work the system. Thanks for the help.

Reversoul

Hey everyone, noob here with a noob question. I try to get online about 5-10 minutes after leaving my house and I'm in the city of Goodyear in an area that I have been picked up as a Uber rider before...lots of restaurants, shops, and a movie theater nearby. So I try to go online and I get this message, "Your vehicle is not allowed to operate in undefined..." I don't get it. I looked at the coverage map for Phoenix on the Uber site and where I was is well within the coverage area, and as I said, I have been picked up as a rider there before. So what's the deal? Anyone have an idea why I would be receiving this message? Thanks!
U might not be ready for uber

Timothy720

Well, lol, my vehicle and everything else is registered in PA. (uber delivery), I've been ubering in Baltimore, MD, my area is listed as Gettysburg>York... now, today, I decided to go online, it says "Your vehicle is not allowed to operate in harrisburg, pa". York and Gettysburg isn't too far from harrisburg, and I've been running in Baltimore, md, but not DC.... go figure that one.... side note, today I happen to be in Lebanon, pa....

Irunuber

I can't believe there was a whole page of reposones without this one...go to the Uber Hub and they'll fix the problem for you on the spot. They are very good there