1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Erie experiment

Discussion in 'People' started by avaloncourt, Mar 20, 2016.

1. UberKevPA

UberKevPA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Avalon,

How are you faring in Erie? Seems like things have picked up a bit in the last month, particularly the last week in Erie as all the college kids are moving in. Did you ever hear anything about Uber offering services beyond X and XL?

2. Ketol

Ketol New Member

Any Uber driver from Erie want to do a 1.5 hour trip on their own time? Freelance? I can't afford $100-150 Uber price to get to the turnpike in Warrendale. Figured I'd give it a shot. It's a few extra bucks for an easy trip. I can pay $40. Thanks for looking.

3. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    I could be mistaken but.. it looks like his closest locations are either Cleveland or Pittsburgh.

I hate it when they do this to people,

Until a few months ago my choice was Atlanta or Miami... same BS different day.

4. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

I once visited Erie and can confidently say that once is enough

5. freakyfrogz

freakyfrogz New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm also a new Uber driver in Erie, Pa. I've had many ups and downs. Some great days, some bad days. I've had to report a few riders, the last one for bringing beer into the car, spilling it, and leaving the can. Uber's response was that my pictures weren't enough evidence to charge the rider a cleaning fee, and that foul smells aren't a reason for a charge. I drive my kids to school in my car and can't have them going to school smelling like beer. Uber said I should've taken more pictures before cleaning it up. It was 3 a.m. and didn't get a response until about 4 pm the next day. After cleaning it and taking my kids to school. There are way too many drivers in Erie, and most riders are drunk college kids. I'm not going to be doing the late night crowd anymore for sure!! I've had people try to steal other rider's ubers, slammed doors, garbage, puking...I pay too much for my car and insurance to have it treated this way. Riders have no respect, and Uber doesn't support the riders.

6. UberKevPA

UberKevPA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Erie is FLOODED with drivers and not enough rides to keep everybody busy. I tell people all the time it's not a gig to make a living and Erie is a perfect example why. You can make a few bucks during the busy times but its a lot of short trips most of the time and the college kids never tip. The only time to make good money is on long runs or late night drunk rides, not for me. Many Uber drivers here drive to Pittsburgh to make money and even get hotel rooms to do so (insane to me, but to each his own). If you are on FB, search for Erie Uber/Lyft drivers group and ask Craig to add you.

Sorry to hear about the beer incident. Be sure to take lots of videos and buy a dashcam. any incident you have with Uber, tell them you have video from a dashcam to prove your case.

7. Rocketman111

Rocketman111 New Member

That beer incident sucks :(