Equifax Breach Alert

Dutchie

This is unrelated to rideshare, but as up to 143 Americans are affected by this breach, even if you are not their customer,you may be one of them. http://amp.usatoday.com/story/646765001 I found out my personal information likely got compromised this morning. Information exposed: Social Security numbers,birth dates,addresses, credit card numbers, mother's maiden name , phone numbers and driver's licenses, as well as security answers and questions used on some websites to verify a user' identity . In other words, this is bad, very bad.
To see if you were affected , visit www.equifaxsecurity2017.com

Attachments

• IMG_6368.jpg
    IMG_6368.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

tohunt4me

This is unrelated to rideshare, but as up to 143 Americans are affected by this breach, even if you are not their customer,you may be one of them. http://amp.usatoday.com/story/646765001 I found out my personal information likely got compromised this morning. Information exposed: Social Security numbers,birth dates,addresses, credit card numbers, mother's maiden name , phone numbers and driver's licenses, as well as security answers and questions used on some websites to verify a user' identity . In other words, this is bad, very bad.
To see if you were affected , visit www.equifaxsecurity2017.com
You TRUST them after they ALLOWED personal information of 143 MILLION AMERICANS to be Hacked , then DIDNT SAY ANYTHING FOR 2 MONTHS !?!?
Report ALL of your credit cards LOST.
GET NEW NUMBERS.
OPEN NEW BANK ACCOUNTS.
CLOSE OLD ONES.
MIX THINGS UP.

MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THIEVES !

Dutchie

You TRUST them after they ALLOWED personal information of 143 MILLION AMERICANS to be Hacked , then DIDNT SAY ANYTHING FOR 2 MONTHS !?!?
Report ALL of your credit cards LOST.
GET NEW NUMBERS.
OPEN NEW BANK ACCOUNTS.
CLOSE OLD ONES.
MIX THINGS UP.

MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THIEVES !
THis is way bigger than just closing your credit cards and open new accounts, that is just a tiny issue here. In fact, others may do so for you........... If you read the full article, you can see the various ways this can negatively impact your future, really for the rest of your life. It's really much bigger than just having a card compromised, it's about your entire identity, they can create a new you with this information.

tohunt4me

Another excuse to "chip"the People.
For their " Protection"

Too bad the N.S.A. builds back doors into computers for this to even be possible.

Dutchie

Another excuse to "chip"the People.
For their " Protection"

Too bad the N.S.A. builds back doors into computers for this to even be possible.
Yes, well don't be surprised if one day your Uber earnings will not be deposited into your account......it will be very easy for your earnings to be intercepted by crooks pretending to be you.

tohunt4me

Yes, well don't be surprised if one day your Uber earnings will not be deposited into your account......it will be very easy for your earnings to be intercepted by crooks pretending to be you.
Wouldnt surprise me if my earnings were stolen by Uber . . .

SibeRescueBrian

https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/07/e...s-consumers-with-more-questions-than-answers/

"The company established a website to allow consumers to see if their data was stolen. But it’s broken and sets the user up for TrustedID, a credit monitoring service owned by, wait for it, Equifax.

Equifax says that this site will “indicate whether your personal information may have been impacted by this incident.” That is false as of this post’s publication. The company also says it will provide the checker with an “option” to enroll in TrustedID Premier. That’s also false. When a user inputs their data into the system, a message appears that the user can be enrolled in TrustedID Premier at a later date. Mine was 9/11/2017."

tohunt4me

https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/07/e...s-consumers-with-more-questions-than-answers/

"The company established a website to allow consumers to see if their data was stolen. But it’s broken and sets the user up for TrustedID, a credit monitoring service owned by, wait for it, Equifax.

Equifax says that this site will “indicate whether your personal information may have been impacted by this incident.” That is false as of this post’s publication. The company also says it will provide the checker with an “option” to enroll in TrustedID Premier. That’s also false. When a user inputs their data into the system, a message appears that the user can be enrolled in TrustedID Premier at a later date. Mine was 9/11/2017."
Yup.
AND
EQUIFAX will give the Violated Parties 12 months free " identity protection"
By PLACING ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION INTO THEIR HACKED SYSTEM !

WHAT A DEAL !

tohunt4me

Im not rushing to connect with their system at all.
Not for inquiries or anything else.

I may MAKE UP A NAME and background
Just to see if they Claim the false info. Was hacked also.
I call SCAM.

Dutchie

Im not rushing to connect with their system at all.
Not for inquiries or anything else.

I may MAKE UP A NAME and background
Just to see if they Claim the false info. Was hacked also.
I call SCAM.
No matter what, obviously something of serious concern happened and I am doing what I can to protect myself and put a freeze on my credit report for all three credit bureaus. I have worked in banking for over 20 years now and see often how people's lives are ruined by identity theft. ( I am not talking about debit card fraud, I see that every day, all day) When your identity is stolen and crooks do something in your name, you are guilty until proven innocent. People can't get a new job, buy a house etc. But don't take my word for it, you might find out yourselves the hard way....

Last edited: