• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Entitled passenger tells driver “don’t be racist” w/open container

Status
Not open for further replies.

New2This

It isn't always that simple. One time i drove a customer on a round trip to 711 for a beer run.

"That's cool as long as you don't open it in the car"

Turned into...

Me kicking them to the curb the second i heard the cardboard rip followed the the "hiss" of a can opening.
True but in the initial post, Captain Cracker shouldn't have let them in with the open containers

Gtown Driver

I'll say that dark late night it's possible one person could sneak a beer into your car. 3 people getting in from the club or house party should have been a bit more obvious they were coming into the car with beer in their hand.

I can tell this started when he "profiled" them upon them inquiring if they got the right car. Especially when you dealing with late night party/drunk pax they can pick up pretty quick if you're trying to ensure they are the correct pax. They likely were pissed off at his tone and how he was trying to get more info out of them before they got in. He was just trying to be cautious and not overly friendly (not every driver is going to wave hi and just let you in), but drunk people will see it as profiling or being racist and then you get this ignorant shit happening.

They were both doing basic rideshare cross inquiry, but they took his inquiring as racist and profiling and got weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.