Entitled overweight Brookline passengers

RepublicanMikePence

Picked up a family of 4 in Brookline, who clearly had been hitting the potato latkes a little too hard. They were all easily 250+ pounds and could barely squeeze into my Camry. I could feel my car sag when they all got in.

Immediately, the father started to complain that there wasn't enough room in the car for him. He said that his last Uber was an SUV with "much more room."

I stopped on the side of the road and looked him in the eye and said: "If you want more room, you can order an UberXL. I can cancel this ride now and you will not be charged."

Of course, like every passenger when you talk back to them, instead of acting like a little wimp and apologizing because you're so afraid of a 1 star rating, he stopped complaining. As he got out of the car, he turned to me and said: "I'm only going to give you 3 stars today because you didn't give me the ride experience I usually get."

I looked at him, smiled and said: "Thank you. Those 3 stars will do a better job of paying my electric bill this month than the $3.75 minimum fare trip you just took. You're amazing."

64opel

Pretty good comeback. If you really wanted to destroy him could have told them to ask Uber to optional dump trucks for people of his size so they'll be more comfortable riding in the back.
I had a similar experience, two couples got into my car and the guy on the front seat said:I 'm taking you because I couldn't find an Uber black available.
I have a Chevy Malibu

Sammy4u

Picked up a family of 4 in Brookline, who clearly had been hitting the potato latkes a little too hard. They were all easily 250+ pounds and could barely squeeze into my Camry. I could feel my car sag when they all got in.

Immediately, the father started to complain that there wasn't enough room in the car for him. He said that his last Uber was an SUV with "much more room."

I stopped on the side of the road and looked him in the eye and said: "If you want more room, you can order an UberXL. I can cancel this ride now and you will not be charged."

Of course, like every passenger when you talk back to them, instead of acting like a little wimp and apologizing because you're so afraid of a 1 star rating, he stopped complaining. As he got out of the car, he turned to me and said: "I'm only going to give you 3 stars today because you didn't give me the ride experience I usually get."

I looked at him, smiled and said: "Thank you. Those 3 stars will do a better job of paying my electric bill this month than the $3.75 minimum fare trip you just took. You're amazing."
When i see 4 above 250 lbs people (1 or 2 is fine as long they occupy the back seat ) looking at the phone at the pickup spot ... I immediately cancel with an option like “too many riders or luggage” and wave them back when they wave at me. Its not worth it cause 99% it is a short ride because they cant walk the distance.

P.S I have seen this family before as i had received their request.. and when i slowed down and saw one of them waving at me.... i cancelled and waved back with a wicked smile..

Last edited:

Mvlab

I had a similar experience, two couples got into my car and the guy on the front seat said:I 'm taking you because I couldn't find an Uber black available.
I have a Chevy Malibu
You should have replied: " Sorry, sir, I am driving my maid's Malibu today only because I gave her my Rolls Royce Fhantom to do grocery shopping, it has bigger trunk."

FreDi Huguenin

I think I have picked up this family before, I even wrote something about it in this forum but ended up being hated by the fatties in this forum. I gave them 1 star so that way Uber would never send me their request again.

Ssgcraig

Common sense, if there are 4 people that are large, you need to order the XL. Especially if your only going three miles, what's the extra cost going to be? Two bucks, 4 at the most?

Veal66

What amazes me is that the father complained when a Camry showed up and that it wasn't big enough. Didn't he see you were driving a Camry on the app, before you arrived? Wouldn't he know it would be too small for his taste, cancel, and then order an XL? What did the father expect, for you to wave your magic wand and transform the Camry into a Yukon? What if you were driving a Corolla, or a Prius-C? Some pax are really, really stupid.

Mvlab

What amazes me is that the father complained when a Camry showed up and that it wasn't big enough. Didn't he see you were driving a Camry on the app, before you arrived? Wouldn't he know it would be too small for his taste, cancel, and then order an XL? What did the father expect, for you to wave your magic wand and transform the Camry into a Yukon? What if you were driving a Corolla, or a Prius-C? Some pax are really, really stupid.
If they are 250+ lb, they have to order at least 2XL. I can imagine them complaining shopping clothes: " What the hell is that!? This medium size pants are too small for me!".
Post automatically merged:

Common sense, if there are 4 people that are large, you need to order the XL. Especially if your only going three miles, what's the extra cost going to be? Two bucks, 4 at the most?
For $4 you can buy a cheeseburger at McDonald's.

RepublicanMikePence

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When i see 4 above 250 lbs people (1 or 2 is fine as long they occupy the back seat ) looking at the phone at the pickup spot ... I immediately cancel with an option like “too many riders or luggage” and wave them back when they wave at me. Its not worth it cause 99% it is a short ride because they cant walk the distance.

P.S I have seen this family before as i had received their request.. and when i slowed down and saw one of them waving at me.... i cancelled and waved back with a wicked smile..
I think I have picked up this family before, I even wrote something about it in this forum but ended up being hated by the fatties in this forum. I gave them 1 star so that way Uber would never send me their request again.
The person who ordered had a 5.0 rating. I thought it was someone who had never ridden before, but based on what he said, clearly I was wrong. I gave him a 1 star, but it makes me wonder how he had a 5.0 rating.

Total distance traveled: 1.6 miles.

Sammy4u

The person who ordered had a 5.0 rating. I thought it was someone who had never ridden before, but based on what he said, clearly I was wrong. I gave him a 1 star, but it makes me wonder how he had a 5.0 rating.

Total distance traveled: 1.6 miles.
Most ants dont even know they can rate riders.. as they accept stacked pings.. simply click 5 stars and move on.. and few drivers avoided rating them by simply cancelling on them.. ( myself included )

64opel

Sure thing, Also a guy with some common sense said to me that he canceled the previous request because was a Corolla, and the guy is pretty tall

Mvlab

But seriously now- according to manufacturer specifications total load capacity of Toyota Camry is 905 lb. Next time kick them out and report to Uber on the grounds that they intentionally tryed to overload your vehicle and put your life in danger.

Arb Watson

There should be an option called Uberweight
There is, its called UberFreight.

FreDi Huguenin

Im positive it’s was the same pax I had before, they each probably have one account thats why they had a 5.0 rating, that has to be a new account. No rider has a 5.0 rating after a while.