Entitled College Jackass With Mommys Credit Card

Chris M

Can you tell I'm not a fan of college students?

Recently, the little pricks have come back to West Chester and they are downright awful (there are a few good ones.)

I'm constantly ending trips early for bro's harassing and cat calling women from my vehicle during the ride (I'm not loosing money by doing so because regardless the fare from campus to town is $5). Additionally, there's been constant messes, loudness, and worst of all these kids order the uber before they've even paid there tab and us West Chester drivers are waiting up to 10 minutes for them to get their ass out of the bar (any longer and I will cancel the trip)

One time i had a girl request me on my way back into town from Malvern so she had 10 minutes and i waited another 15 upon arrival even calling her having her tell me "I'll be right there" before i canceled the trip on her.

Any one else have college student horror stories like this from other universities or is it just mine?

Danz Haagen

5 minute wait, maximum time
lock doors, evaluate situation by talking to pax before letting them in. if anything looks suspicious, tell them that you are not uber, but picking up a friend. if they insist that you are uber, tell them to go and BEEP themlseves,.....

vicdella80

yeah i don't wait more than 5 minutes...i got work to do and money to make

i wait about 2-3 minutes from when i arrive and contact, if they don't answer i give them 3 more minutes and if they do answer i give them 5 minutes...

st3rling

I was giving rides in WC on Friday night pretty much between 11 pm and 3 am. All college students and for the most part everyone was nice. Only one drunk guy shouted at his buddy in the back seat to close the window. I guess I just got lucky.
But no tips either, not a single time.

Nitedriver

Can you tell I'm not a fan of college students?

Recently, the little pricks have come back to West Chester and they are downright awful (there are a few good ones.)

I'm constantly ending trips early for bro's harassing and cat calling women from my vehicle during the ride (I'm not loosing money by doing so because regardless the fare from campus to town is $5). Additionally, there's been constant messes, loudness, and worst of all these kids order the uber before they've even paid there tab and us West Chester drivers are waiting up to 10 minutes for them to get their ass out of the bar (any longer and I will cancel the trip)

One time i had a girl request me on my way back into town from Malvern so she had 10 minutes and i waited another 15 upon arrival even calling her having her tell me "I'll be right there" before i canceled the trip on her.

Any one else have college student horror stories like this from other universities or is it just mine?

Haaa ...ever been to the mainline ??? Villanova , Brynmawr and all that surrounding ...lemme tell ya ..

Danz Haagen

Haaa ...ever been to the mainline ??? Villanova , Brynmawr and all that surrounding ...lemme tell ya ..
yeh, for some reason, @@@@@@@ college kids are from western side of philly, especially Saint Joseph's University. Most of them are entitled, behave like little spoiled 7 year olds, and their parents, through spoiling, shoved their heads up their rectums. and most times rate low because you don't let them use blue tooth to listen to justin beiber.

Upenn, temple are best college pax, most time polite and behaved, not entilted, and you can acctualy have adult level conversation with them.

Last edited:

Cathi

Had a lot of Temple kids tonight since today was move-in. Very nice and well behaved. Haven't had any of the Villanova (go Cats!) or St Joe's gang yet. I also tend to get the business folks or couples heading to dinner when I stay out on the Main Line.

Imsophilly

I'm in agreement with the overall sentiment of not waiting more than 5 minutes especially if you have to travel 7 - 10 minutes to get to their pickup point b/c your travel time should give the rider(s) ample time to be ready upon your arrival! I don't know about you guys, but there is nothing more irritating than a rider not ready when you arrive after you had to drive a bit to get to them...it makes you wanna ask them what the @#!! were you doing for the last 10 minutes and why weren't you ready to go when I got here!?

Also, like Tony from NJ said...we'll make more $$$ by canceling anyway after 5.01 of wait time assuming it's a minimal fare. I'd rather pocket $4.00 and not burn my gas than pocketing $3.20 and burning my gas any day of the week!

Limovan

Waiting no more than 5 mins from now on. I had that happen to me today, Waited today for 7 and the weird thing was I canceled and left. Then I got a ping from the same person with a different address??

Imsophilly

Waiting no more than 5 mins from now on. I had that happen to me today, Waited today for 7 and the weird thing was I canceled and left. Then I got a ping from the same person with a different address??
I had a similar situation like that. I canceled after 6 min or so on a guy then immediately got another request from him and had to cancel again after waiting another 5 - 6 min, so I pocketed a quick $8 and burned no gas. My only exception is if they call or text me, I'll give them 10 min as a courtesy under that circumstance only.

Chris M

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had a similar situation like that. I canceled after 6 min or so on a guy then immediately got another request from him and had to cancel again after waiting another 5 - 6 min, so I pocketed a quick $8 and burned no gas. My only exception is if they call or text me, I'll give them 10 min as a courtesy under that circumstance only.

Sometimes noobs to Uber will enter their drop off location as their pick up, it gets very frustraiting. I'll let them know I'll come get them, but I'll run the meter.

Imsophilly

Sometimes noobs to Uber will enter their drop off location as their pick up, it gets very frustraiting. I'll let them know I'll come get them, but I'll run the meter.
The worst part of that is when they try to argue you down and then after realizing the address is wrong they say I don't know how that happened!

Rider: It says you're here, but I don't see you.

Driver: I'm @ the address you provided. Are you not @ said address?

Rider: No you're not. I'm standing right here and I don't see you!

Driver: Based on my GPS, I'm @ your pickup location.

Rider: Oh, I'm not there. Don't know how that happened. I'm @ .....

Driver: smh @ this point @ their incompotence

All in a days work with Uber Chris...lol

TbunnyPa

The few rides I had were cool. I had one jackass that I was jumping off at a restaurant. They were happy that I got them there in time. The dude said maybe we will see you again and I give you leftovers. Ugh?! Dumb ass, I don't need your freakin leftovers.