Entertainment tax deduction eg Spotify

duracell

Hi.

I understand that drivers can claim a Spotify subscription as a tax deduction.

Does anybody know if this extends to Youtube Red as it includes Google Play Music?

Or is it just those entertainment providers that run through the Uber App?

Thanks

WestSydGuy

I use YouTube red for google play music, during rideshare, so yes it’s a deduction.

FYI Optus allows for free data with google play music streaming, which I make use of.

Who is John Galt?

I have a number of regular clients who just happen to also work at 'Gentlemen's Clubs'. Would the cost of catering to their special needs also be tax deductible? Lingerie and champagne are two examples that readily come to mind.

WestSydGuy

I have a number of regular clients who just happen to also work at 'Gentlemen's Clubs'. Would the cost of catering to their special needs also be tax deductible? Lingerie and champagne are two examples that readily come to mind..
As long as you’re not wearing the items, and they’re your clients, perhaps a photo is required to satisfy ATO agents curiosity.

leroy jenkins

Lingerie and champagne are two examples that readily come to mind.

That would be an unreimbursed uniform expense. Being serious.

If i remember right, some changes were made to the food/drink expensing rules under the trump tax cuts...so champagne rules might have changed. If i remember correctly, you could only deduct 50% of client entertainment....used to be 100% during Mad Men years.