1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Enterprise/Uber Rental contract ending?

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by MissEeee, Aug 31, 2017.

1. MissEeee

MissEeee

Driving:
    UberX
    I got an email from Uber Support saying:

We are winding down the Enterprise Rent-A-Car program with Uber after a periodic review of our business strategy. We have enjoyed our partnership with Uber and Uber driver-partners, and we really appreciate your business. During this transition, we want to make sure we provide you with the best possible service. After returning the vehicle, you will be refunded your deposit less any outstanding balances. In addition, Uber has said it will have support representatives available.

Grrrr.

2. Travis -k

Travis -k

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes Enterprise is the reason, the extra miles and maintenance along with lower resale value of the vehicles has lowered enterprises margins too much

Ridesharehas also cut into one day rentals

KMANDERSON, MissEeee and TurnUpT like this.
  3. Ilovik

Ilovik

Yay, less ants

mandreyka, Misaelz28, Bpr2 and 4 others like this.
  4. MissEeee

MissEeee

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks, llovic.

5. Uberfunitis

Uberfunitis

Ironic the CEO of Enterprise does not get selected to run Uber and suddenly Enterprise cuts their partnership with Uber.

Fuber101, Uber Arnie and MissEeee like this.
  6. TurnUpT

TurnUpT

Driving:
    UberX

I went in for my rewrite today and they didn't mention anything about this.

However, I do see that enterprise is no longer an option on the vehicle solutions page.

Does your email say when it will be ending and when you have to return the vehicle?

MissEeee likes this.
  7. MissEeee

MissEeee

Driving:
    UberX
    Yup. 9/11

Just a few emails before I got the email saying I needed to come in for a re-write.

****e. I don't know what i'm gonna do. I don't think I will qualify for the Hertz rental ( no credit card, poopy credit - had a rough year). Argh!

Does anyone rent with Hertz? Or do the Lyft Express Drive? ( the peeps on the Lyft forum make it sound impossible to earn with Express).

TurnUpT likes this.
  8. Funny thing is last time someone at enterprise rental place was saying they expect more business as hertz was cutting down on their program. With xchange closing, enterprise done I don't know what options exist.

MissEeee and TurnUpT like this.
  9. Uberfunitis

Uberfunitis

Check maven gig they seem to be doing rentals.

MissEeee, RUSSREED2.0 and KMANDERSON like this.
  10. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/trp/d/rent-car-for-uberx-lyft/6286957726.html

MissEeee and TurnUpT like this.
  11. TurnUpT

TurnUpT

Driving:
    UberX
    Thank you for the heads up. Uber does not know how to give people any kind of proper warning.

I've been trying to rent with hertz as it's much cheaper, but they always call me saying that they do not have any cars available.

Maybe you can lease one through uber? It's much cheaper to buy it from a dealership though if you do not mind having that kind of commitment.

MissEeee likes this.
  12. MissEeee

MissEeee

Driving:
    UberX
    Xchange is closing, too?

13. TurnUpT

TurnUpT

Driving:
    UberX
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    MissEeee likes this.
  14. Yeah plus no credit check and you can bring back the whenever you want to..

That's just an example you can find cheaper deals..

MissEeee likes this.
  15. YEs Exchange is closing as part of revamp and new management bcos it was losing a lot of money.They might be still writing new contracts but it is ending soon.

Uber Arnie, MissEeee and TurnUpT like this.
  16. MissEeee

MissEeee

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah, I would try the lease, but after getting laid off last year followed by a cascade of unfortunate events my credit is no lower than I ever thought was possible. So that option is out. Wow. Well gotta go out and drive while I can.

Thanks Kharashov.
    Looks more like a Fleet sitch - referring to renter as an employee? Worth looking into.

TurnUpT likes this.
  17. TurnUpT

TurnUpT

Driving:
    UberX
    I think you can still due the lease with uber, because they go based off of your income and charge a premium. A friend of mine is working on his credit and was still approved for a lease.

The drawback is that they do not report all of your valuable payments to the credit bureaus.

He was able to get a car for $100 a wk

18. MissEeee

MissEeee

Driving:
    UberX
    Holy Mackeral! TurnUpT, you are a doll to suggest that. I will at least check with them. All they can do is laugh hysterically! . It is that bad, is my credit. What an adventure this life is! Wheeeee!

19. 20yearsdriving

20yearsdriving

Driving:
    Livery
    Don't worry you'll get around just fine on
    Fuber Pool

20. Good luck- you seem so sweer and positive, I can't see them saying no to you.

Too bad ALL of life's challenges can't be overcome based on how kind a person is ;)

RUSSREED2.0, qaz and MissEeee like this.