• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Enterprise/Uber Rental contract ending?

MissEeee

I got an email from Uber Support saying:

We are winding down the Enterprise Rent-A-Car program with Uber after a periodic review of our business strategy. We have enjoyed our partnership with Uber and Uber driver-partners, and we really appreciate your business. During this transition, we want to make sure we provide you with the best possible service. After returning the vehicle, you will be refunded your deposit less any outstanding balances. In addition, Uber has said it will have support representatives available.

Grrrr.

Travis -k

We are winding down the Enterprise Rent-A-Car program with Uber after a periodic review of our business strategy. We have enjoyed our partnership with Uber and Uber driver-partners, and we really appreciate your business. During this transition, we want to make sure we provide you with the best possible service. After returning the vehicle, you will be refunded your deposit less any outstanding balances. In addition, Uber has said it will have support representatives available.

Grrrr.
Yes Enterprise is the reason, the extra miles and maintenance along with lower resale value of the vehicles has lowered enterprises margins too much

Ridesharehas also cut into one day rentals

TurnUpT

Grrrr.

I went in for my rewrite today and they didn't mention anything about this.

However, I do see that enterprise is no longer an option on the vehicle solutions page.

Does your email say when it will be ending and when you have to return the vehicle?

MissEeee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yup. 9/11

Just a few emails before I got the email saying I needed to come in for a re-write.

Shite. I don't know what i'm gonna do. I don't think I will qualify for the Hertz rental ( no credit card, poopy credit - had a rough year). Argh!

Does anyone rent with Hertz? Or do the Lyft Express Drive? ( the peeps on the Lyft forum make it sound impossible to earn with Express).

ArtVandelay

Funny thing is last time someone at enterprise rental place was saying they expect more business as hertz was cutting down on their program. With xchange closing, enterprise done I don't know what options exist.

Uberfunitis

Yup. 9/11

Just a few emails before I got the email saying I needed to come in for a re-write.

Shite. I don't know what i'm gonna do. I don't think I will qualify for the Hertz rental ( no credit card, poopy credit - had a rough year). Argh!

Does anyone rent with Hertz? Or do the Lyft Express Drive? ( the peeps on the Lyft forum make it sound impossible to earn with Express).
Check maven gig they seem to be doing rentals.

Kharashov

TurnUpT

Thank you for the heads up. Uber does not know how to give people any kind of proper warning.

I've been trying to rent with hertz as it's much cheaper, but they always call me saying that they do not have any cars available.

Maybe you can lease one through uber? It's much cheaper to buy it from a dealership though if you do not mind having that kind of commitment.

MissEeee

Funny thing is last time someone at enterprise rental place was saying they expect more business as hertz was cutting down on their program. With xchange closing, enterprise done I don't know what options exist.
Xchange is closing, too?

TurnUpT

Last edited:

MissEeee

Thank you for the heads up. Uber does not know how to give people any kind of proper warning.

I've been trying to rent with hertz as it's much cheaper, but they always call me saying that they do not have any cars available.

Maybe you can lease one through uber? It's much cheaper to buy it from a dealership though if you do not mind having that kind of commitment.
Yeah, I would try the lease, but after getting laid off last year followed by a cascade of unfortunate events my credit is no lower than I ever thought was possible. So that option is out. Wow. Well gotta go out and drive while I can.

Yeah plus no credit check and you can bring back the whenever you want to..

That's just an example you can find cheaper deals..
Thanks Kharashov.
Yeah plus no credit check and you can bring back the whenever you want to..

That's just an example you can find cheaper deals..
Looks more like a Fleet sitch - referring to renter as an employee? Worth looking into.

TurnUpT

Yeah, I would try the lease, but after getting laid off last year followed by a cascade of unfortunate events my credit is no lower than I ever thought was possible. So that option is out. Wow. Well gotta go out and drive while I can.
I think you can still due the lease with uber, because they go based off of your income and charge a premium. A friend of mine is working on his credit and was still approved for a lease.

The drawback is that they do not report all of your valuable payments to the credit bureaus.

He was able to get a car for $100 a wk

MissEeee

Holy Mackeral! TurnUpT, you are a doll to suggest that. I will at least check with them. All they can do is laugh hysterically! . It is that bad, is my credit. What an adventure this life is! Wheeeee!

Julescase

Holy Mackeral! TurnUpT, you are a doll to suggest that. I will at least check with them. All they can do is laugh hysterically! . It is that bad, is my credit. What an adventure this life is! Wheeeee!
Good luck- you seem so sweer and positive, I can't see them saying no to you.

Too bad ALL of life's challenges can't be overcome based on how kind a person is :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
yorker UberEATS 0
N Orlando 0
Authority Advice 3