• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

English language test deadline

Ladokouber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You’re clearly a peasant of the highest order. An embarrassment to nomad desert dwellers everywhere. No chance for you I’m afraid. Your poor children indoctrinated into this cycle of woe is me I’m a victim, instead of getting out there like so many immigrants did and continue to do and good luck to them. You’ll eventually spiral down and be consumed by your own greed and reliance on the benefit system whilst we the majority struggle and strive to help you. Carry on sad act. Eventually you’ll get what’s coming.
Siirrrr you not a future teller otherwise you not do minicab, you may also coming from migrants family sirr. If you write and speek so gud engrish why drive mini cab Siirrrr?? Plz Siirrrr yuo are the great then sexepeare in engrish sirrr, yes sirr I am a peasant and I am happy with my benefit pluz lots of cash in my hand job siiir, the only thing which consume me is the free handout from govenment Siirrrr
Also I no sad siiir, I very hapey with 4 bed house, 10 childen, interpeter in gp, and if amybudy say anything to me siiir I fastly call them "you racist" my problim solved in fast seconde. Sirr now I go eat my alooooo in snackbar

KD_LA

Author
It's interesting how London has language requirements and a language test, when we have so many drivers here in the US that barely speak English. :rolleyes:

Grumpy Old Man

Suppose you could say I’m a bit of a bully.
Now, why would anyone think that?
Post automatically merged:

Beats me why anyone is allowed to live and work in a country without being able to speak the language, makes no sense. Wait a minute was not that the case when we used to have slaves?
Maybe history does repeat its self.

Last edited:

Ladokouber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now, why would anyone think that?

Beats me why anyone is allowed to live and work in a country without being able to speak the language, makes no sense. Wait a minute was not that the case when we used to have slaves?
Maybe history does repeat its self.
Yess Siirrrr histury repate eatshelf bot this time it looking like you will be the slave soon... Now I go eat my alooooo in snackbar

Khanie

It's interesting how London has language requirements and a language test, when we have so many drivers here in the US that barely speak English. :rolleyes:
I've got a friend who's an Uber/Lyft driver in San Francisco. When it comes to English, he doesn't know his arse from his elbow. :biggrin:

You’re kidding. Look at the ones on here barely scrapping a sentence together and that’s with google translate. Lol.
Can you read/write/speak in a second language?

Last edited:

Jason01

I've got a friend who's an Uber/Lyft driver in San Francisco. When it comes to English, he doesn't know his arse from his elbow. :biggrin:

Can you read/write/speak in a second language?
Why would the majority of people born in the UK have a second language??. Admittedly a lot of people move to Spain/France and don't learn the language but most are retired or work within the English community. This is very different to what happens here in the UK.

On top of that English is the International Language.

Putting it simply If you work in the service industry (mini cab driver) you should learn the language of the majority of the customers.

Khanie

Why would the majority of people born in the UK have a second language??. Admittedly a lot of people move to Spain/France and don't learn the language but most are retired or work within the English community. This is very different to what happens here in the UK.

On top of that English is the International Language.

Putting it simply If you work in the service industry (mini cab driver) you should learn the language of the majority of the customers.
I think you missed my point.

Many people in the UK can speak a second language. Many people I drive around can speak a second language. Well travelled people usually can speak a 2nd language. Schools teach GCSEs in languages and is compulsory during KS3. University College London has an entry requirement of a second language.

It's very easy to take the piss out of someone who's first language is not English, without realising that learning a second language is not easy for many.

Regarding those living in France/Spain, I believe that a responsible individual would make an effort to learn the language.

My brother has been living in Portugal for just over 2 years. His Portuguese is near fluent, even though he works/lives in an environment where English is predominately spoken.

Final point, cabbing requires a bare minimum level of English.

Last edited:

Jason01

I think you missed my point.

Many people in the UK can speak a second language. Many people I drive around can speak a second language. Well travelled people usually can speak a 2nd language. Schools teach GCSEs in languages and is compulsory during KS3. University College London has an entry requirement of a second language.

It's very easy to take the piss out of someone who's first language is not English, without realising that learning a second language is not easy for many.

Regarding those living in France/Spain, I believe that a responsible individual would make an effort to learn the language.

My brother has been living in Portugal for just over 2 years. His Portuguese is near fluent, even though he works/lives in an environment where English is predominately spoken.
It's not about effort in my opinion its about being smart.

You will find the majority of businessmen or women born in the UK are not holding a second Language like Spanish German Portuguese or Mandarin, this is my point.

I think you over estimate the English people.

Khanie

It's not about effort in my opinion its about being smart.

You will find the majority of businessmen or women born in the UK are not holding a second Language like Spanish German Portuguese or Mandarin, this is my point.

I think you over estimate the English people.
I understand your point. I am just basically saying:
1. an effort should be made to learn the language of the country you live in,

2. it should be appreciated that learning a second language is not easy.

Imho, I think you have to reasonably intelligent to be fluent in more than 1 language. My wife can speak 3.

Jason01

Imho, I think you have to reasonably intelligent to be fluent in more than 1 language. My wife can speak 3.
I also understand your point with one exemption which is the learning if languages.

If you are verse in learning languages from a young age it is than a doddle later in life, this doesn't necessarily make anyone smarter than the next man or woman.

I'm sure your wife is smart anyway.

I guess my point is though, if you wanna be a PH driver then English is essential and people who can't speak the national language should be packing boxes, I don't mean any offence by that but it's became more difficult to have credibility in this job.

Khanie

If you are verse in learning languages from a young age it is than a doddle later in life, this doesn't necessarily make anyone smarter than the next man or woman.
I agree, if you learn from an early age, then it's a doddle. My point, which I didn't make clear, was in regards to adults. That's why I said it should be appreciated that learning a 2nd language is not easy for many.

Volkswaber

I speak 3 different languages fluently and I can understand a total of 5 languages. I lived in 3 different countries.
The countries where I lived before I had to learn a second language at school.
So nothing really hard for some people.
Next I'm looking to learn and make my self fluent in a 4th language.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
London-born-and-bred London 19
Z London 11
S London 6