Inshur

Enforcement

Newtoit

Hello everyone only been on uber for a month but need a little advise I have been working Egham Surrey area for that time only now enforcement person from council is telling me I can't can they do this app still allows me to

Cabbie2B

Hello everyone only been on uber for a month but need a little advise I have been working Egham Surrey area for that time only now enforcement person from council is telling me I can't can they do this app still allows me to
Egham is outside TfL authority so your PHD licence and PHV licence does not allow you to work there.

On the other hand if booking comes from TfL authority zone then you are legaly operating but you as driver have to be in that area.

Newtoit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's what I thought but he said I can not wait in area as no job pre booked

Nature_BOY

One of my mate lives in Hertfordshire (hemel) and he works there some days of the week and some in London. He works in the area like Watford, Harpenden, Welwyn or even Luton. No issues so far, other than some of the rates are different from London jobs........

UberGeezer

Guys any one know how it works in hertfordshire ?

Around watford or hatfield ?

Yeah. click go online. wait for a ping. click navigate. arrive there. pick up pax and slide trip to begin and click navigate. once you arrive at destination slide to end trip and that's it

Ubend R.S.

Egham is outside TfL authority so your PHD licence and PHV licence does not allow you to work there.

On the other hand if booking comes from TfL authority zone then you are legaly operating but you as driver have to be in that area.
That's what I thought but he said I can not wait in area as no job pre booked
lets just call it a grey area. with uber's bank rolling, the very simple PH regs have gone from black and white to dulux grey.
if uber say it's fine then that's all that matters.

UberLuxbod

Where you are at the time of booking is irrelevant.

It is the location of the booking office that matters.

That is how outer London Chauffeur firms can undercut London firms.

I believe a YB now needs to be in their own area for a prebooking, but that was only because the Circuits were allowing YB to pick up in town on Account and GB didn't like it.

UberLuxbod

lets just call it a grey area. with uber's bank rolling, the very simple PH regs have gone from black and white to dulux grey.
if uber say it's fine then that's all that matters.
The location of the booking centre has always been the only important thing in PH.

That is why a TFL Operator needs to have their Operating Centre inside TFL area.

Spy & Mash

What enforcement?
Didn't know TfL had an enforcement team- never see them out and about in London like they purport to be.

John John

Has anyone noticed that the TfL enforcement team never pull over BC or do anything about the illegal ranks they form in random places? I saw one in Bishopsgate that Salesforce/Sushi Samba/Duck & Waffle building 3 taxis, no rank, enforcement car drives straight past.

UberLuxbod

Has anyone noticed that the TfL enforcement team never pull over BC or do anything about the illegal ranks they form in random places? I saw one in Bishopsgate that Salesforce/Sushi Samba/Duck & Waffle building 3 taxis, no rank, enforcement car drives straight past.
If you were an enforcement officer would you bother with BlackCabs?

Other than illegally ranking what are the chances of finding something worth enforcing.

Whereas you look around at the right time and there are plenty of pickings from PH drivers.

Any hooky Taxis are not going to be hanging up outside a Club in the City or West End.

John John

If you were an enforcement officer would you bother with BlackCabs?

Other than illegally ranking what are the chances of finding something worth enforcing.

Whereas you look around at the right time and there are plenty of pickings from PH drivers.

Any hooky Taxis are not going to be hanging up outside a Club in the City or West End.
Fair play, but what I meant was that if there is an illegal rank in front of them, should they not be enforcing that? Fair enough pulling them over might not be the best way of going about it, but when they are blatantly ranking illegally, surely the numpty enforcers should at the very least pull down a window and tell them to move on?

UberLuxbod

Fair play, but what I meant was that if there is an illegal rank in front of them, should they not be enforcing that? Fair enough pulling them over might not be the best way of going about it, but when they are blatantly ranking illegally, surely the numpty enforcers should at the very least pull down a window and tell them to move on?
From a purely public safety point of view all the Police want is the drunk public off the streets and home.

That is why touting was ignored for many years in the City. And Taxis would be targeting lucrative Account fares instead of drunks, hence the number of touts in the City.

If you have 10drunks wandering about the City unable to find a way home you have the risk of disorder and a risk to public safety.

Believe it or not the Police do tend to hold Taxi drivers in higher regard than the average PH driver.

Probably as a fair few Taxi drivers are ex LAS/LFB or job.

That is how Whorboys got away with it for so long.

TFL enforcement staff will certainly have some ex job staff, and I suspect they will share Intel.

But they have bigger fish to fry than something like over ranking.