1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Emotional support squirrel gets woman kicked off flight.

Discussion in 'News' started by observer, Oct 10, 2018.

1. observer

observer Moderator

2. MHR

MHR Moderator

I can’t even begin to imagine the type of person that needs a squirrel for an ESA.

TwoFiddyMile, tohunt4me and observer like this.
  3. Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    ratethis, Z129, TwoFiddyMile and 2 others like this.
  4. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

LoL, ayup!!! and caused more fires than cows.

There is a squirrel in our yard I call Bruno. He is cartoonishly muscular and sits on a branch outside my window and has staring contests with my cat. The critter always wins and I feel bad for the cat as he slinks away.

Watching the sunrise in my backyard and all the birds and squirrels digging for breakfast. 2 bluejays took over a large portion and would not let any other animals eat near them. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Bruno come running. The bluejays turn into the wind to try and get away. Bruno leaps into the air and trys to fell them! Bad ass, super squirrel!!!!

After that, all the regulars went back to eating breakfast as Bruno stood guard. Was so freakin' cool.

Rakos, Z129, Mista T and 2 others like this.
  5. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    Bruno needs his own TV show.

6. " BRUNO the YARD BOSS"!

Rakos, Z129, Danny3xd and 1 other person like this.
  7. role model

tohunt4me likes this.
  8. goneubering

goneubering

Driving:
    UberX
    My friend says an aggressive squirrel sits on his fence and teases his dog which is twenty times bigger than the squirrel.

Danny3xd, MHR and tohunt4me like this.
  9. MHR

MHR Moderator

We used to have a pit bull/Australian Shepherd mix and she climbed trees. Squirrels thought it was all fun and games lobbing pecans on her head until she climbed the tree to pick em off 1 by 1.

It was a bloody battle but I’ll just say she liked to eat her squirrel after they had been dead and fermented for 2 days. No more, no less.

Rakos, TwoFiddyMile, Z129 and 2 others like this.
  10. " Aged Meat"
    All of the best butchers do this.

Ribeyes may be aged 42 days or more.

Z129, Danny3xd and MHR like this.
  11. observer

observer Moderator

My dad had an Elmer Fudd/Wascally Wabbit relationship with our neighborhood squirrels.

Those #$#@* squirrels would come eat small pieces of our Avocados and Guavas and Peaches and Nectarines and then drop them from the tree.

My dad is no longer with us but I carry on the fight!

Rakos, mrpjfresh, Z129 and 3 others like this.
  12. Make them EARN IT !
    Squirrels are Smart Alecs !

Think i have 1 or more roosting in my attic. Right now !
    Going to be a Cold Winter i hear.
    Last time i put sticky mouse trap down by where they had made an entrance in my soffit.
    Found it in a V where 2 roof beams joined covered in fur !
    Squirrels didnt come back for years.
    My g.f. at time had appendicitis, so was at hospital. Bet he put on a Hell of a show. Squirrels are tenacious. But smart.

When i trim tree branches near my roof . . . where they cant reach easily anymore . . . they cuss me loudly from nearby.
    Squirrels WILL let you know when they dont approve.
    ( they make too much noise, i download owl sounds on internet. Play them loudly.
    Shuts them up quick.)

MHR, Danny3xd and observer like this.
  13. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

My friend used to fly with her 2 pet flying squirrels in a pouch around her neck. No one said a thing about it.

/No she didn’t play any “it’s my support pet” games

Rakos, Danny3xd and tohunt4me like this.
  14. observer

observer Moderator

Never stand underneath a squirrel in a tree.

They pee on you.

Rakos, MHR, Danny3xd and 1 other person like this.
  15. I raised a red tail fox squirrel from a little bitty thing. It was covered in lice when i found it alone on ground under an oak.
    ( had to buy an alcohol base spray and scrub him with toothbrush for a week to clean him up) I know how far and ACCURATE they can pee !
    Mine went " Swimming" every time.
    They learn quick.

Another thing they dont like, grabbing front and rear haunches and pretending you are chewing on their stomachs while making noise. Much Loud squirrel protest !
    He learned not to bite & not to pee on me.
    They are like little dogs that can climb like cats. Would climb my arm to see what i was eating.

observer likes this.
  16. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

They are super social. I was in a hospital and "Mommas" would sit on my knee and eat crackers I brought for her. Chew, chat chew. I'm sure she was telling me Momma squirrel stories. She was always lactating.

She was very sweet and chatty.

The squirrel danger sound is the clucking noise you make to call cats. They, squirrels, get mega POed if you make that sound and there is no danger. After running away at that sound, they will come back and click, not chit at you in anger.

I thought they were getting smarter via natural selection. As a kid, there was always dead ones in the road. A friend pointed out that people stopped trying to run them over.

YAY PEOPLE!

Just saw this; https://www.npr.org/2018/10/10/6562...t=20181011&utm_campaign=news&utm_term=nprnews

MHR, observer and tohunt4me like this.
  17. observer

observer Moderator

My ex brother in law hates squirrels with a passion.

One day we were in his 20 ton crane truck doing 65 on a two lane highway, all of a sudden he's swerving back and forth in both lanes. He was trying to run over a squirrel!

He farms a few hundred acres of Almonds and apparently each squirrel squirrels away more than 40 pounds of Almonds each.

18. It all sounds a little bit squirrelly to me :rolleyes:

Rakos, MHR, tohunt4me and 2 others like this.
  19. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

LoL

Sheesh. What's 40 lbs worth?
    But musta been scary.

tohunt4me likes this.
  20. observer

observer Moderator

I think they get paid around 3 bux a pound so around a 120 bux.

Which doesn't sound like much if it's just one squirrel but with thousands and thousands of squirrels, it adds up.

Rakos, MHR, Danny3xd and 1 other person like this.