Emailed Uber about driver saturation

oppositeset

Here is what I wrote:

Hi there I have been Uber driver for 3 years. I try my best to keep my car clean and provide the best service I can. In last 2 months or so there has been so much saturation of drivers though that after gas and repairs the income is close to earning a minimum wage. I'm almost on the point of quitting altogether. Just giving you guys a heads up

Their reply:

Thanks for reaching out. I understand your concern. Uber highly values your feedback as one of our partners and we take what you're saying very seriously. As a growing company, we are constantly seeking ways to better enhance the Uber experience from both drivers' and riders' perspectives. We appreciate your thoughtfulness and taking the time to write to us. We will evaluate your feedback internally. In the meantime, let me know if I can help with anything else.

Myxx

Here is what I wrote:

Hi there I have been Uber driver for 3 years. I try my best to keep my car clean and provide the best service I can. In last 2 months or so there has been so much saturation of drivers though that after gas and repairs the income is close to earning a minimum wage. I'm almost on the point of quitting altogether. Just giving you guys a heads up

Their reply:

Thanks for reaching out. I understand your concern. Uber highly values your feedback as one of our partners and we take what you're saying very seriously. As a growing company, we are constantly seeking ways to better enhance the Uber experience from both drivers' and riders' perspectives. We appreciate your thoughtfulness and taking the time to write to us. We will evaluate your feedback internally. In the meantime, let me know if I can help with anything else.
What reply did you expect from them?

Chargersrt10

Are you Mentally Ill? Do you just expect Uber to write you a Cheque for doing nothing? It's Your responsibility to go and find the Fares... Think like a Small Business Owner..... If you strategy isn't working, Change your strategy.
If your E-mailing Uber to complain that your not making enough $$$$$$, I suggest you get another job. Tim Hortans is hiring.

i_k

So let's translate their reply..

Thanks for reaching out. I understand your concern. Uber highly values your feedback as one of our partners and we take what you're saying very seriously.
Thanks for reaching out. I understand your concern, however I don't give a flying ____.

As a growing company, we are constantly seeking ways to better enhance the Uber experience from both drivers' and riders' perspectives.
As a growing company, we are constantly seeking ways to better enhance the Uber experience from the riders' perspective, not the drivers', don't get it twisted.

We appreciate your thoughtfulness and taking the time to write to us.
We appreciate your thoughtfulness but to be honest we didn't read a word you wrote.

We will evaluate your feedback internally. In the meantime, let me know if I can help with anything else.
We will not evaluate your feedback, we never do. In the meantime, let me know if I can pretend to help with anything else.

oppositeset

Are you Mentally Ill? Do you just expect Uber to write you a Cheque for doing nothing? It's Your responsibility to go and find the Fares... Think like a Small Business Owner..... If you strategy isn't working, Change your strategy.
If your E-mailing Uber to complain that your not making enough $$$$$$, I suggest you get another job. Tim Hortans is hiring.

I think you are slow. Read it again...

Genkidama-

I think you are slow. Read it again...

What are you expecting Uber to do or say? Just start deactivating people? Allowing only so many drivers online at once? A main reason people uber is due to the flexibility. I guess that could increase the rating threshold of deactivation, but some drivers have low ratings to due shitty pax.

AJsh

What reply did you expect from them?
He was expecting this reply- " As an esteemed Uber veteran we value your opinion and will do all we can assure that you get all the trips(literally all the trips). Please don't leave us. Without you Uber will be next to nothing. We rely only on you not the one thousand other(better drivers), we only care about you. If you have any other concerns we can make you an offer to be the assistant CEO of Uber if that would stop you from leaving us."

Welcome to the Dog eat Dog world of Uber. You want to be given stuff ???? Opportunities??? How about taking it. In this world we kill to eat and we kill to kill. So if you can't make a living in this world ....... I've got 2 words for you, Tim Hortons.

AJsh

Uber business thrives on more and more drivers so that they wouldn't miss out on a single rider. They are in the volume business. Don't expect them to put a cap on anything.

dmoney155

Their honest reply should've been: "Thank you for confirming our business plan. We strive to have driver available at every corner for the benefit of the riders. Keep up the good work. Much appreciate your help in realizing our dream" .

Meaning, dude, that's the idea. Why is it so hard to grasp? So long as drivers find value in driving they won't do a single thing. Why would they? It clearly works the way it is now otherwise there wouldn't be so many drivers. Come to terms that this gig will not make you rich and use it as it was intended. Simple as that. Gravy train of 5x daily surges is over. You can't honestly expect to be making 40 or more an hour simply by driving around a car.

ABC123DEF

Here is what I wrote:

Their reply:

Thanks for reaching out!

MUGATS

Why do you deserve to drive vs new sign ups? If it's simply because you've been around longer, it's very poor argument...

To be intellectually honest, your demand should be that they deactivate the lowest rated driver for every new one they activate.

i_k

Why do you deserve to drive vs new sign ups? If it's simply because you've been around longer, it's very poor argument...

To be intellectually honest, your demand should be that they deactivate the lowest rated driver for every new one they activate.

If it was based on ratings alone then drivers will lose authority, riders will take advantage.

I feel longevity should be rewarded even for someone with an average rating.

MUGATS

If it was based on ratings alone then drivers will lose authority, riders will take advantage.

I feel longevity should be rewarded even for someone with an average rating.

Who deserves it more?

500 rides with a 4.9 or 2000 rides with a 4.72?

I think in a low skilled job (sorry but Uber is just that) you need to view yourself as expendable... because Uber certainly does.

Frankly, they don't care about retention at this point. (At least in the TO market)

Happy Paul

Well of course there should be a cap on the number of Drivers. This is not a radical idea. Given the high turnover in this field, it is easily implemented. Let the new Drivers start driving when old ones quit or get deactivated. Regardless, do not keep recruiting new Drivers for a market that is already saturated.

oppositeset

If I was a new driver and I knew how saturated the market is I wouldn't go through the hassle of doing all the paperwork of signing up.

I feel bad for new drivers who buy brand new car, go through all checks, waiting for all papers to clear only to find it's not worth it.

You might say they are dumb but try putting yourself in their shoes and think for them.

dmoney155

If I was a new driver and I knew how saturated the market is I wouldn't go through the hassle of doing all the paperwork of signing up.
Lol, what paperwork? I haven't seen less hassle to get job.

I feel bad for new drivers who buy brand new car, go through all checks, waiting for all papers to clear only to find it's not worth it.

You might say they are dumb but try putting yourself in their shoes and think for them.

Their fault for not doing proper research. I do not feel sorry for ignorance at all,.... if anything just feeling for their tough predicament they put themselves into as one human being to another. I said it before, I'll say it again, getting paid huge amounts of money for just driving around sounds too good to be true, and as with anything that sounds too good to be true, approach with caution.
Caution in this situation means do extensive research (the cliche: "there's gotta be the catch, right? what's the catch?" applies), don't quit your current job, take vacation and try it out if you must, or ease into it by working after hours. Don't buy a car right off the bat, rent one to try it out. Lastly, if you do find it it's not worth it, sell the car, take a loss on value, learn from your mistakes and move on.
I am totally against any driver count caps at all, but I am all up for cutting drivers with low ratings.... don't turn this "ride-share" into a cabby job. You want proper cabby job the industry already exists, join that.