1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Featured Email from Uber Pres of Ride sharing 2/9/17

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by Michael - Cleveland, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    No idea at all what you're talking about here.
    (You never mentioned anything about attending some possible event in the future - you referred only to this one... and I never mentioned anything about any Q&A at all - just your opinion that anyone who doesn't attend this one event loses the 'right' to complain.)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017 at 6:18 AM
  2. Trebor

Trebor Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV

Yup. I never understood why drivers love rush hour. I get off work at 6pm and usually grab something to eat before doing Uber, even though I work in the middle of downtown.

3. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I like rush-hour but am picky about the rides I accept.
    On XL I'm earning $18/hr + $1.30/mi to sit in traffic.
    If it's surging at just 2x, I'm grossing $36/hr + $2.60/mi.
    And nobody's drunk.
    I'll take that any day. It's some of the easiest money I make driving Uber.

UbingInLA likes this.
  4. Johnson co ro

Johnson co ro New Member

Yes.... you are right....

5. Johnson co ro

Johnson co ro New Member

You mean NATTO? NO ACTION, TALK ONLY? Lol....

6. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

If that was recorded in SOME way (and it's still a part of the TOS when the suit is brought to court and/or state's A.G. complaint), that individual is sitting on a potential gold mine.

Is this line you quoted still in the most current TOS? B'cause Uber reserves the right to change those "at any time."

7. circle1

NATO

8. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It's not the TOS - it's in the Uber Driver Agreement.
    If you are a driver, you have access to the agreement through the app - just click on LEGAL in the help section.
    And I did link to it in my post here.

9. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I hope you do:

"Jeff says, thanks for what you do every day. I look forward to finding times throughout the year to update you on our progress. I’ll also be doing a Facebook Q&A here next Thurs, February 16 at 10:00 AM PST / 1:00PM EST to hear more about what’s going well and where you see more room for improvement."

https://www.facebook.com/jeffjonesuber
    THURSDAY 2/16
    10 AM PST / 1PM EST

10. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

I'm not interested in a Facebook conversation.

I'm interested in a face to face conversation. I'd be happy to meet up anytime anywhere if need be. I'll even buy lunch.

11. delock51

delock51 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If all short rides from block to block which spit out $2.80 (In my San Antonio market) were actually $5, you couldn't get me out of the car. Charge the pax $6, give me $5, Keep $1. They'd make more than the 70 cent fee they take from that short ride. But fu** logic right?

12. EX_

EX_ Well-Known Member

Jeff and Travis need to lay off the crack pipe, seriously.

13. Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This and tipping raises the total cost of a transaction for the potential tipping rider, thus lowering total systemwide trips. Uber believes fervently in the strictest application of the economic principal of "price elasticity of demand". And since they take the first bite of the apple, this is counter to their financial interests.

And they listen to their rider feedback...you really believe the cheap aholes that tell you they'd tip you in app but "sorry they don't carry any cash".
    And then you watch them go up to the door and pay a cash cover charge. Riders could tip ten different ways... if they wanted. It's why they use the system in the first place.

I understand the anger towards Uber on this point. But I really believe it is misdirected. Uber is simply listening to it's customer's. You want this type of change, start with the customers.

14. Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes. Except you left out the part where they tell you, in no uncertain terms, can you negotiate a rate that is "higher" than the default rate. Nor can you negotiate for payment outside of app.

One is free to negotiate any lower rates, and Uber can, but doesn't have too at their complete discretion, process the trip under those terms.

Pretty amazing, eh!!

15. Tenderloin

Tenderloin Well-Known Member

Thats a Rideshare President from Uber HQ

16. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Driver's CAN'T "start with the customers" when Uber tell them tips are not necessary.
    Driver's CAN'T "start with the customers when it takes FOURTEEN 5 star ratings to make up for one 1 start rating.

17. Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Driving:
    UberX
    Right. It's a classic catch-22 trick box that you climbed into. My point is, your "partners" in this rideshare game endeavor have conspired with your customers against you. Uber will not listen to drivers on this point.

They might, however, listen to the customers. It's simple, the customers must demand a tip feature in-app or it will NEVER happen. Now, do you think they are lining up outside Travis' office to have this conversation? Or the "investors"? Yes you CAN!! Lmao.

Michael - Cleveland and circle1 like this.
  18. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Drivers ARE Uber's customers, too. Riders couldn't care less.
    ... more like 'As long as TK controls the company, it will never happen.

circle1 likes this.
  19. circle1

Seriously. If a crack-in-the-door (TNC marketplace) EVER appears, Drivers will rush out of Oops!ber & Lyft like the shoreline water table just before a tsunami!

Michael - Cleveland likes this.
  20. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I agree - and that 'crack in the door' could be Amazon delivery if they allow drivers to go "online" and offline" the same way the TNCs do... letting drivers just work when they can/want, 24/7.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017 at 3:25 PM
    circle1 likes this.