1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Email from Uber Pres of Ride sharing 2/9/17

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by Michael - Cleveland, Feb 9, 2017.

1. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

That sounds good but Uber wants (it appears) to discourage "career" TNC contracting.

Indeed, so far I've checked with three insurance agencies, and all of them have told me they can't locate any underwriters (for a business owner's policy). This line of work is too risky in the eyes of actuarians.

2. circle1

Exactly! Let us "pre-load" our rates. Pax can hit "accept" or, "see next driver."

anteetr, tootsie and u-Boat like this.
  3. circle1

Would you be willing to quote the first 30 or-so words of the sentence or line item where that appears?

4. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Interesting. I've had no problem securing inexpensive rideshare insurance here in OH -
    from UberPeople.net site sponsor BradSussmanInsuranceBradSussmanInsurance

sure...

4.1 Fare Calculation and Your Payment.
    ... In addition, the parties acknowledge and agree that as between you and Company, the Fare is a recommended amount, and the primary purpose of the pre-arranged Fare is to act as the default amount in the event you do not negotiate a different amount.
    Pretty amazing, eh?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    tootsie likes this.
  5. Tom B.

Tom B. Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Had 2 riders this past weekend that wanted to tip me through the app. Told them that is not an option because Uber won't put that option in for their customers. Face it, based on current rates, you can't make a living wage and you can't cover wear and tear on your vehicle. That's why Uber keeps hiring new drivers; that way they can get newer cars in place as the older vehicle owners don't make enough to keep them maintained properly. 1) Raise rates. 2) add a Tip Option to rider app. Oh wait! That would make the drivers happy, can't have that.

ABC123DEF likes this.

6. u-Boat

u-Boat Active Member

West of the Atlantic, East of the Pacific
    Driving:
    UberXL
    WRONG Jeff Jones. Drivers don't care about "staying busy". Drivers want FAIR per mile, per minute and minimum rates on EVERY SINGLE TRIP. That's what is best for OUR bottom line. You only care about volume because that's what's best for YOUR bottom line.

7. Trebor

Trebor Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Yup.

8. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  9. Trebor

Trebor Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    My whole thing is, if it bothers you that much, you will find a way to attend. Typing a comment on Facebook live takes all but 2 seconds and most people will be on their phone no matter what the situation is. I have seen people texting on their phones at funerals.

and don't give me that "oh I have to uber and maybe with a rider". No, in fact, it would be awesome, if uber saw the surge across the u.s. when the q and a happens. It will show, drivers really care about telling this guy about the low rates.

Even though that won't happen. I am sure if you cared about it, you complete a ride, sign on and say, "raise the rates" and accept your next ping. If you really cared, nothing will stop you.

circle1 likes this.
  10. UBERPEEP

UBERPEEP Member

The same thing is happening here in Melbourne AUS. expensive to live and one of the lowest rates if not the lowest. Uber don't care about drivers,its all about the pax. Nothing more nothing less. The more pax using uber the better for uber.

tootsie likes this.
  11. SMOTY

SMOTY Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    The part I think is real funny is the fact that they acknowledge earnings. But then he goes and mentions it as a complicated issue. Maybe the fact that they want to make it as cheap as possible for riders but ignore driver pay because at the end of it all they are still profiting on the backs of drivers, by keeping riders happy but even if base was 10 maybe and or at least 1.50-2.00$ I know drivers would not complain!

12. circle1

W H A A A ? ! ? How in the F-WORD does that work in the real world???

So, if ask Uber HOW that works, what's their answer gonna be? Yes, you did say that it wasn't true . . .

[​IMG]

13. circle1

#RobbingPeterToPayPaul

14. Lebowskii

Lebowskii Active Member

Bad in Toronto Canada too... I've stopped working all rush hour times and can't imagine how anyone still goes through hard traffic at .11cents a minute ... 2x surge=.22 cents a min after uber's 25% ridiculous with up front crap once got 18$ for 1hour and 30 min trip... Now only work late night middle of the night and that's barely worth it in a select rated car forced to take uber X calls on the platform geez!

Trebor likes this.
  15. Greenghost2212

Greenghost2212 Active Member

Us uber drivers don't have that stigma out here in Chicago.

16. Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd Well-Known Member

Didnt have time to read the whole thread. Did JJ actually "say anything" or more blah blah lip service?

17. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Yeah - I get your point.
    I just find it stunning that anyone would be so closed minded? or naive? (certainly not arrogant) to think they know what hundreds of thousands of other people's situations and circumstances are.
    Let me put it this way:
    Just because something isn't the most important thing in someone's life doesn't mean it's not important to them.
    And something not being as important to them as it is, for example, to you, doesn't mean they lose their 'right' to be concerned about it or continue to voice their opinion about it.

(oh - and no, not everyone who drivers Uber is on FB - hard as it may be to believe)

<shrug> No big deal.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  18. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    About a year ago we had a couple of Uber CSRs participating (before support moved mainly overseas) and they said that a driver that insisting on a negotiated fare being implemented (other than a fare reduction) would be deactivated.

circle1 likes this.
  19. Trebor

Trebor Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Jeffy never mentioned this was the only q and a. Not sure why you think that.

I like Jeffy. He acknowledges my messages or should I say essay's on linkedin?

20. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    No idea at all what you're talking about here.
    (You never mentioned anything about attending some possible event in the future - you referred only to this one... and I never mentioned anything about any Q&A at all - just your opinion that anyone who doesn't attend this one event loses the 'right' to complain.)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017