1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Email from Uber Pres of Ride sharing 2/9/17

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by Michael - Cleveland, Feb 9, 2017.

1. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

Would you be willing to post re-cap on UP after this "Townhall?"

2. roadman

roadman Well-Known Member

Jeff Jones has already proven himself to be a liar.

ABC123DEF likes this.
  3. Dback2004

Dback2004 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Correct - as an IC you can set your own rates and accept fares off-platform. You have to generate your own business and provide your own insurance, etc. By working the Uber platform you agree to their rates in exchange for "leads" (aka pings) and the provided insurance, payment processing, etc. I would love to see a model where Uber allows their drivers to set their rates and the pax in-app chooses a driver based on what s/he charges, their rating, distance to pickup, type of vehicle (beater Explorer vs Escalade) etc, but unlikely to happen.

It's cheaper for them to deal with turnover and recruiting than to make drivers happy with the rates and lose (percieved or otherwise) market share.

As earlier mentioned, he doesn't represent drivers, he reports to TK. His job is to make TK more money. And if he can improve driver satisfaction by even 1% (thus decreasing turnover/recruiting expense) by spinning existing policy to make drivers feel more important with the lackluster actions taken so far then he has succeeded in his job.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  4. Polomarko

Polomarko Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Hi,, Mr. Jeff Jones
    If you want to improve quality of service:
    1/ RAISE Rates
    2/ Add tip option
    Not a rocket science

Go4 and Uberyouber like this.
  5. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

Spot on^.

It would be extremely onerous to try to compete with any TNC (unless you have millions of dollars). You'd be ahead of the game to just go get a taxi company license, and take requests for rides through calls, texts or forwarded emails.

6. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

Which one is Jeff Jones. I must have missed his comments on here.

7. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft

8. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Uber doesn't have the money for a mass fleet of driverless cars. Even if they had one city covered they would have to charge 10x per ride. It's a JOKE!!

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd and Jermin8r89 like this.
  9. tootsie

tootsie Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Again, they state their model is to connect the Pax to the driver. There are plenty of other business that connect customers to contractors and the diff between them and Uber is Uber/Lyft is setting our rate. If I am not a contractor and I am not a taxi(union) then what am I?

circle1 likes this.
  10. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Uber (according to our agreement with them) is NOT setting our rate - they are publishing 'suggested fares' (read your driver agreement). That's another 'fail' on the IC test, since we all know that's not true.

11. roadman

once you quit Uber you don't go back.

12. roadman

yes I would like to have a "talk" with him as well.

Disgusted Driver likes this.
  13. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Aside from fares that do not put drivers in a position to lose money on trips - maybe even actually make a little money -
    I'd like to see the Uber Fee imposed on a sliding scale that rewards drivers who do more trips in a week. It's putting the incentive in place to accomplish goals that are win/win/win for the the company, drivers and riders:
    Something like...
    First 1-10 trips in a week 25% Uber Fee
    Trips # 11-25 20% Uber Fee
    Trips # 26-50 10% Uber Fee
    Trips #51 on 5% Uber fee

14. D Rekt

D Rekt New Member

How about getting paid at least a reduced rate for the trip to pick up the pax? It would make longer pickups more profitable for drivers as most here that I've seen and myself included I keep my pickups under 15 minutes in length. We aren't getting paid for that time or those miles so most just don't do it. I had 3 today they were 22min 27min and 19min away if I was paid say .50 a mile at least there would be some incentive to make that run.

circle1 likes this.
  15. Pashaster

Pashaster Active Member

Uber will never choose fewer committed drivers over more of disposable drivers at every corner

anteetr and circle1 like this.
  16. Kevin7889

Kevin7889 Well-Known Member

Screw staying busy. Just give me better rates. I'd rather take three 50 dollar trips rather than 50 $3 dollar trips :/

Pashaster and circle1 like this.
  17. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I've often thought this was something they should do - especially as I drive 15 minutes to a pick-up. The problem is that, if implemented, riders would cancel the request after you've already driven nearly five minutes. They won't want to pay for those extra miles or time and will then request a closer car... which at t hat point will still be you.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  18. Trebor

Trebor Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I hope each and every one of you who complain about the rates are on Facebook for the Q&A trolling and pushing for an answer about the rates going up. Otherwise, you have no right to complain.

anteetr and circle1 like this.
  19. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Really? Because someone isn't on FB - or is otherwise unable to attend on that day at that time, you think they should no longer have a right to complain?

20. run26912

run26912 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, they keep dropping incentives and piling on more drivers. What a worthless corporate flunkie. There is no stability or consistency for drivers. No respect or regards to drivers or their families, just more BS p.r. Yeah.. Uber is now a "side hustle". A side hustle that requires full-time hours to hit their Quest "incentives" which continue to decline weekly. All they can come up with are those stupid badges?? This guy is worthless.

BONG!!

Scratchington, anteetr and roadman like this.