1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Email from Uber Pres of Ride sharing 2/9/17

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by Michael - Cleveland, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Jeff Jones must be pretty dumb if that's what he got out of our complaints. I have two simple answersw to "Earnings" that will work for all cases.
    1) Raise rates.
    2) Add tip button.

That wasn't so hard, was it.

Can I have your job since you are apparently not well equipped to do it?

2. grams777

grams777 Moderator Moderator

I don't remember selecting Jeff Jones to represent me. All he's doing is spinning the Uber company line. My top two feedback items I always respond with are to raise rates and stop adding so many drivers. Yet, all I see addressed here by Mr. Jones is a bunch of Uberspeak dribble. It's just a regurgitation of the same old garbage.

First order of business: Fire Jeff Jones. Why in the world should an Uber corporate yes man be representing drivers? Take away his ivory tower job and make him survive as a driver. Then let's see what he recommends.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  3. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They did make a change with the slogan on Ubers web page from " Your Private Driver" to "Get There The Day Belongs To You". Beyond that don't hold your breath waiting.

TwoFiddyMile and tohunt4me like this.
  4. MikesUber

MikesUber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Check your pockets, oo a penny!

"My job here is done"

- Jeff Jones

5. Jo3030

Jo3030 Well-Known Member

No tip button coming.

tohunt4me and grams777 like this.

6. crazy916

crazy916 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    He is correct. There is not one answer there are two. Tips in app and a rate increase.

7. Jermin8r89

Jermin8r89 Well-Known Member

Next change is in the logo. It will no longer just be a "U" they adding in "F". So new logo will be like this "FU"

8. exuberdriver1515

exuberdriver1515 Active Member

And nearly every pax wants a tip free interaction. Sure, they may tell you to your face they wish uber allowed tipping. But if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.... Uber cares about keeping riders and staying more popular than any competitor. You're a bag of meat to them. Haven't you noticed yet?

9. aray0220

aray0220 New Member

Why is Uber so anti tip? I know that they like to hold on to their cashless transaction but tipping in the app doesn't seem to get in the way of anything. Riders who take Lyft don't seem to mind the option.

circle1 and tohunt4me like this.
  10. Trump Economics

Trump Economics Well-Known Member

Hey, Jeff!

Unless you intend on raising rates by at least a $1 nationally (I'm being serious), you can go f*** yourself.

Cheers,

A Driver Making Less Than Minimum Wage

11. UbingInLA

UbingInLA Active Member

My sentiments exactly! As much as I would love to be heard by Uber management (which we know won't actually happen) the last thing I want is for my friends and family to know I'm driving for Uber.

Uber is only using this facebook Q & A session as a means to market to your FB friends, and for free. No thanks.

12. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Because by law, a company or employer cannot retain any portion of a tip - not even a transaction fee. To add and manage a tipping option (and all of the record keeping, processing and reporting that goes along with that) is an expense for which Uber can't charge. Since they don't get anything for it and it adds cost to the system, Uber wants nothing to do with it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  13. aray0220

aray0220 New Member

That makes sense. They do have Sticky Fingers don't they...

Dback2004 and tohunt4me like this.
  14. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

I don't like the way earnings was brushed aside in that letter.
    There are many opinions on everything mentioned.
    This shows no willingness to improve earnings which have been artificially lowered many times by Uber.

15. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    "Artificially"?

16. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Kind of odd to me that some comments here indicate the authors think that Jeff Jones is some kind of Uber employed advocate for drivers... That is NOT his position in the company. He is the 'President of Ridesharing'. That's everything to do with Ridesharing - riders, drivers, marketing, pricing, etc. His job is not to 'represent' drivers... it is to manage and grow the Rideshare part of Uber's business (so that Travis can run around putting out political fires and continue to raise capital?).

17. Jermin8r89

We IC. They cant tell others by law that we cant have tips. If they dont have it on the app fine but dont spread lies that we get tips. In my preference id rather have cash tip anyways.

Also with us being IC we can lawfully vote to have it on our app as uber says we IC so that makes uber our client. All we have to do is have a vote and if theres a majority of us saying they want the tip added in app then they have to by law.

IC in realiaty we can do alot of things. Its just we need other drivers to come together

18. Jermin8r89

Ill agree on keeping rates the same as long as they take out pool. If only theres away to thin out the market of drivers too

19. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
  20. anteetr

anteetr Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Because Uncle Travis is one of those people that thinks elitists like himself are entitled to keep nearly all the money while all you proles who do the actual work should be happy with the scraps he lets you keep. That's what anti-tipping culture is really about-elitists keeping a bigger share for themselves and their ilk.

Jermin8r89 likes this.