1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Email from Uber Pres of Ride sharing 2/9/17

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by Michael - Cleveland, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    [​IMG]

Helping you more in 2017

Dear _________,
    I've learned a lot from drivers like you since I joined Uber 5 months ago. And I can assure you that everyone at Uber has heard your feedback loud and clear. We're focused on making noticeable improvements fast, and continuing to listen and regularly address your concerns moving forward.

The feedback, with some exceptions, centers around a few major themes. Expect to see improvements in the coming weeks—this is only the start.

Better help and support. We're investing in better training for your support team and expanding our network of over 500 Greenlight Hubs, prioritizing those situations when an issue is keeping you from being able to drive. We want you to be able to get on the road whenever you choose to do so, and to stop receiving what may feel like "automated" replies from the support team.

Clearer communication. We have a new team of talented people focused 100% on making our communication to you clearer, more useful, and more timely than ever before. We've been sending you too many messages, and too often the information is unclear. This will stop.

Key product improvements. Our tech teams are working hard on eliminating bugs in the app and making ongoing improvements. If you update your app regularly, you'll notice many small changes to improve your driving experience. Expect to see bigger changes throughout the year on things you've told us about the most, like maps.

Earnings. This is a topic important to everyone, but without one simple answer. With hundreds of thousands of drivers in the United States, each person has a point of view on this topic! What everyone has in common is wanting to stay busy when you choose to drive. That's why we're doing more to attract riders with new offers and expanded marketing campaigns.
    I can't possibly cover every question in an update email, but I am committed to listening to your feedback and making continued improvements moving forward. Next Thursday, February 16 at 10:00 AM PST / 1:00 PM EST, I'll be hosting a Q&A on my Facebook page to meet you and answer your questions.

We're just getting started. Expect us to keep listening, keep working, and keep updating you throughout this year and beyond.

Looking forward to the road ahead.
    Uber on,

Jeff Jones
    President, Ridesharing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Uber Technologies
    1455 Market St
    San Francisco, CA 94103

[​IMG]

circle1 and tohunt4me like this.
  2. UberwhoIaM

UberwhoIaM Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    So who is this? Driver???? Or Uber management???? Someone trolling us??? Forget all the noise, drivers can and will deal with any of the other BS stuff mentioned if the rates are higher especially in New Jersey. Why do we live in one of the most expensive states to live in and our rates are one of the lowest when compared to all of our neighboring states. Without raising the rates Nothing Else Matters nothing nothing nothing. I don't care about customer service I don't care about anything else except the rates being raised. When is this company going to realize that they need to limit the amount of drivers they hire and raise the rates???? they will keep 95% of all the good existing drivers and won't have to constantly be filling the holes from the constant turnover. In case I didn't make it clear stop talking about all the other noise we don't care about that.... raise the rates. The company will make money instead of losing billions of dollars, drivers will be happier willing to work more hours except further rides etc.... it will all fall in step with just one simple action.

3. njctuberx

njctuberx Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Really, the cut and paste "CSR" bots are annoying, but I can care less... Not a big deal. Communications and texts I ignore mostly. Staying busy is not a problem up here.
    I have 2 issues:
    1. Way too many drivers. Some of these cars aren't safe to be on the road, much less driving for Uber.
    2. Most important... TIME AND MILEAGE RATES NEED TO BE INCREASED.
    That's it. It's ALL about the money.

4. Kevin7889

Kevin7889 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It's all a load of horse crap

5. gsneaker350

gsneaker350 Active Member

Helping you stay poor in 2017

6. CavieKia

CavieKia Active Member

Driving:
    UberX

While we are at it, let's go back to 2010 model year and newer. Anti Hooptie Bill

vesolehome, Toddorado and tohunt4me like this.
  7. Canteev

Canteev Well-Known Member

Nope. Rates should be lowered as it will lead to more trips for drivers.

Uber315 likes this.
  8. kupalka

kupalka Well-Known Member

Got the same email....this Jeff Jones needs to be a Washington politician...all talk and no action! When is he gonna implement all these bs? Next year? We need action and that stickin tipping option..not that BS Facebook Q&A

tohunt4me likes this.
  9. Lepke

Lepke Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    It would stand to reason that each and every driver would have rates for time and mileage on the top of their list of grievances.

But unfortunately Rideshare drivers are an unreasonable lot.

Unfortunately many drivers have at the top of their list requests or demands for things that I suppose would be nice but they don't put any money in our pockets.

I encourage people to check out this question and answer thing and pay special attention to the nonsense that your fellow driver is concerned with.

For those of you who have not had the chance to roll up on your fellow driver, this may give you a little insight in to what "a special kind of stupid" looks like.

10. No_Username

No_Username Well-Known Member

bring down there commission to 15-18% and add a tip option. Everyone is happy. 25-28% is abusive. Juno is at what?? 10-12%. If uber does that, they get there drivers back

uber strike, tohunt4me and UbingInLA like this.
  11. pvtandrewmalone

pvtandrewmalone Well-Known Member

This is a part time gig for me. I don't want to "stay busy"...I want profitable trips only. Base rate is too low, especially for short trips but even long hauls are barely profitable at .87 with 20/25% commission. How about a trip length or surge filter...Or better yet, just let us see destination or the upfront price on the ping. And another thing....Get rid of the stupid processing delay when a trip ends.

I'd rather do one profitable trip per night than "stay busy" with 10 minimum fares at base rate and make the same money.

12. jerseyboys

jerseyboys Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberPREMIUM
    Let's start with something simple.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>UNLIMITED DESTINATION FILTER<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Baby steps.

SuzeCB, Duber12, Mark Johnson and 3 others like this.
  13. UberwhoIaM

UberwhoIaM Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    First of all I would never talk to them through Facebook with my real account. Too embarrassed to say I'm associated with this company even part time making the decent money I feel I generate. The stigma drivers are burdened with is a bit much. Not something I'm proud of.... that's why I like this site and wish more drivers would find it so they can correct all the stupid crap they do.

14. Skyhakw2472

Skyhakw2472 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Baby steps indeed. These companies take steps backwards, that is the issue. The number 1 pressing issue is pricing and the companies admit it, but they won't do anything about it. Even doubling rates would still be less than taxis and not have as much surge, and make more money for everyone. Minimum fare should be $20 since way too many trips are so short its not worth the drivers time.

uber strike and tohunt4me like this.
  15. Canteev

On minimum fare trips--of which there are a lot--it's more like 40%.

tohunt4me likes this.
  16. Canteev

Just last night, after getting off work, I briefly went online and got a ping--I had no intention of taking it. Moreover, it came from an $0.87/mile zone. I was 8 minutes away and looking at the map, there were maybe one or two cars. Not only should pricing always be bumped for bad weather, I contend that it should also be the case for low-demand areas. Any time a driver has to drive more than 10 minutes, the ride should be subjected to a 2x surge. I learned my lesson and have stopped taking any trips more than 7-8 minutes from me in $0.87/mile places, but I know I would think differently if surge pricing were to apply.

17. Skyhakw2472

Skyhakw2472 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Received an e-mail from Travis last night and he said due to the weather they were suspending surge pricing so that people could get home safely and cheaply. Unfortunately this was seen as discrimination against old man winter and the protests have been ongoing ever since, and they have also asked Travis to step down from the North Pole Association in retaliation and the delete uber hashtag has once again been enforced. LOL

I stayed safe and warm with my girl in front of the fire watching the map go red in areas that were far from me. I had no desire to drive even after the weather stopped. Will only do my 1 or 2 nights a week just to keep me interested.

tohunt4me likes this.
  18. Caspita

Caspita Well-Known Member

I went out for like 90 mins ... no surge (actually only one 1.2x short ride which I made longer with icy roads excuse and passenger agreed)... local roads had a sheet of ice already... 0.87 non-stop requests so ended up taking a couple just for the gas money but too dangerous not even worth it. On my final trip I was my way and I guy came out of an apartment complex too fast for the icy road to allow him to stop .. luckily I was driving really slow and saw him on time and was able to stop otherwise it would have been a guarantied t-bone on pax side with a pax... you could see the fear on the eyes of the other guy trying to stop his car and spinning out of control ending at the middle of the road.. he then made a sign apologizing and my pax also mentioned how lucky we didn't end up in a crash.. then I dropped the guy and went home... definitely not worth to risk it like that.

tootsie and tohunt4me like this.
  19. Uberyouber

Uberyouber Well-Known Member

"• Earnings. This is a topic important to everyone, but without one simple answer"

Its real simple, its called a tip button dumbasses...

20. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Been 5 months already ?
    Where's the change ?