• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Email from Uber concerning tips and my response.

CTCharlie

I received an email from Uber today saying that they received a report that I have a sign asking for tips in my vehicle. No I do not. I do have a sign showing the policy of uber and that they say there is no need to tip and I am responding to the confusion they create. Attached is the email I received and my response. I expect that I will be removed as a driver but so be it. Until that time, nothing changes.
I have also posted the box again.

Attachments

Last edited:

CTCharlie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I received an email from Uber today saying that they received a report that I have a sign asking for tips in my vehicle. No I do not. I do have a sign showing the policy of uber and that they say there is no need to tip and I am responding to the confusion they create. Attached is the email I received and my response. I expect that I will be removed as a driver but so be it. Until that time, nothing changes.
I have also posted the box again.
I wonder if my business cards ara problem as well? :smiles:

Attachments

Last edited:

UberNorthStar

I was ok with the sign until it mentioned cash and a percentage of fare to tip.

I am awaiting some signage that I consider humorous. "Tipping is just not for cows." Or "ga$ money".
I also own a credit card reader that had a credit card logo (2"x 2") included.

JM2¢W

CTCharlie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was ok with the sign until it mentioned cash and a percentage of fare to tip.

I am awaiting some signage that I consider humorous. "Tipping is just not for cows." Or "ga$ money".
I also own a credit card reader that had a credit card logo (2"x 2") included.
I am on the fense about card readers. I had an offer from Chase for 2.75% with no monthly charge or minimum. But I were to go with Vugo I would have to put up with the advertising and PayPal with no charge but an aditional revenue stream.

UberNorthStar

I am looking at Vugo also. There is the expense for me of purchasing a tablet.

Rounded out I am charged 3¢/$1 on each scan w/no monthly charge by the company that owns the reader.

Drive777

I agree that your sign is a little wordy. I would remove the suggested amount and keep it short and sweet to reduce the chances of a disgruntled rider. Something like:

To tip or not to tip - Do I need to tip my driver?

Uber's website states, "There is no need to tip."

What this means is tipping is optional, but it is not included in your fare, and is therefore appreciated.
While tips are always voluntary, you can reward good service and a good experience.
Unfortunately, to do so, you'll need to pay the driver in cash. Drivers notice and are grateful!