Uber Drivers Forum banner

Elon Musk needs to slow down and take a deep breath before thousands become unemployed

633 views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  BeansnRice 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I'm voting for AOC for 2020.
We need to change the age requirement to president to 30 instead of 35.
She's got the right attitude and wants ordinary folks to win, once in a while!

#7 ·
ROFLMAO!

Taking AIM at U/L. Whoa! Very very Alpha that guy.

So basically every Tesla owner is already TNC ready to rent their cars. No inspections, no background checks, no drivers, no gas and Tesla literally has the OWNERS PAY TESLA for the car?

This is bizarro world WTF?

So Tesla owners are now TNC authorized Independant Contractors, who will be buying 100k electric vehicles....
So they can run that thing into the ground..... for .18 cents per mile?

Yes, I do believe the Hadron Colliders have moved us to another universe.

FAQ! I knew it!

#9 ·
What? Yeah but the article says in it title clearly that all Tesla’s are part of the autonomous fleet.

They’ll just push a new update and voila!

I can see it now....TOS pops up on the console. An U/L style laundry list of indemnification clauses and language about how Tesla has the right to charge whatever to rent the 100k vehicle to cheap pax paying $2 a ride and $1 for shared.

Hilarious! Sounds wacky to me.

Also, why pimp out your luxury brand, your luxury brand customers, and your customer loyalty like that?

Why not build an economy Tesla for “ride hailing “ purposes?

Duh!?

But my IQ is low and I Ant for a living. Nevermind me.

#10 ·
What? Yeah but the article says in it title clearly that all Tesla's are part of the autonomous fleet.

They'll just push a new update and voila!

I can see it now....TOS pops up on the console. An U/L style laundry list of indemnification clauses and language about how Tesla has the right to charge whatever to rent the 100k vehicle to cheap pax paying $2 a ride and $1 for shared.

Hilarious! Sounds wacky to me.

Also, why pimp out your luxury brand, your luxury brand customers, and your customer loyalty like that?

Why not build an economy Tesla for "ride hailing " purposes?

Duh!?

But my IQ is low and I Ant for a living. Nevermind me.
If you read it carefully, just like uber drivers have to sign up for the services so do Tesla owners. Only difference is that in order to drive for Tesla's survive you need a Tesla.

"To turn a Tesla into a robo-taxi, a car's owner simply adds it to the Tesla Network platform via the company's app."

#12 ·
The numbers say rides would cost $1.30/mile. That would be very competitive with U/L... So, as long as people were comfortable with an autonomous vehicle driving them places, why would you (as a consumer) choose U/L over the Tesla Network?

I think it's dubious to think they can roll out 1 million of these next year, but who knows. Musk has been pretty successful at beating industry projections (even if he can't hit his own projections reliably).
It would be an incredible feat.

But I wrote in another post that U/L are supremely vulnerable by being the trailblazers .... the market makers.

Now that mindshare is won and municipalities and their building departments are rewriting code for new buildings in part because of rideshare access, other companies can plan a safer journey to being profitable in this space.

Think franchise, think baby bells, think Comcast cable and Verizon.

Chop chop.

#13 ·
I'm all for it If it means fUber and grYFT will burn.
Musk recognizes rideshare for what it is... a transfer of wealth from the underclasses to tech assholes and Private Equity capitalists using garbage tech as the tool to implement said transfer.
This is meant to be another shot across the bow of Uber's IPO. Say what you want about Elan but at least he's using his FU money to move the needle in a positive direction for humanity, while uberlyft succeed by appealing to the worst traits in everyone.

Reactions: Pax Collector
#15 ·
The numbers say rides would cost $1.30/mile. That would be very competitive with U/L... So, as long as people were comfortable with an autonomous vehicle driving them places, why would you (as a consumer) choose U/L over the Tesla Network?

I think it's dubious to think they can roll out 1 million of these next year, but who knows. Musk has been pretty successful at beating industry projections (even if he can't hit his own projections reliably).
If he gets the actual cost per ride down to $1.25/mile while matching demand, Tesla just put uberlyft out of business. Just like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.