Election Day

malbi

So what do people think is going to happen tomorrow? Will it be a good day to drive for Uber? Everyone has to vote. There will be some that will walk to the polling booth and there will be some that will drive, but a number will want an Uber. I'd imagine many of them will be short trips though.

LevelX

I'd imagine many of them will be short trips though.
With polling centers being everywhere, any 'extra' trips for Uber for these jobs, will just be tiny little trips.

That said, lots of min fare trips do add up to a nice hourly rate if you can keep a bum in the seat and not wait too long between jobs.

Won't be single paxs though, it'll be family/house holds travelling in packs.

Personally I wouldn't plan your day around it. If you want to drive for other reasons, then drive, if you're only planning to drive cause you think there will be lots of jobs from the polling places, then its 50/50.

Tom2828

Rubbish

They get worse every week

Mate, I'm working more then 1.5 years with more than 4k trips.

I almost stopped driving from January and then was the rates cut (2nd cut) and I sit and waited.

Just came few weeks ago from 2 month overseas and wanted to make some cash again... and it's good, very busy lots of surge (small surge not 3-4 like it used to be) and lots of pings while you on trip (increase the earning dramatically)

Also I notice that the total money per km is almost the same for me ( around 1.2$ per km for the whole week including all my private use).

I live in st kilda Rd so it's different if you live far ( I can jump sometimes on surge and take some airport) but my hourly rate is always between 35-45 after Uber cut.

I never drive when it's quite ( weekdays between 10am-4pm) don't do it it's quite

LevelX

Also I notice that the total money per km is almost the same for me ( around 1.2$
$1.20/km? Well thats pretty good, when Uber only pays us 71c a KM std rate (after gst/uber cut)......

$1.20/km is well above the standard $1/km, even with time factored in, thats only $19/hr ($13.50 after gst/uber cut).

So you must be cherry picking hours then to get a lot of surge.

Tom2828

$1.20/km? Well thats pretty good, when Uber only pays us 71c a KM std rate (after gst/uber cut)......

$1.20/km is well above the standard $1/km, even with time factored in, thats only $19/hr ($13.50 after gst/uber cut).

So you must be cherry picking hours then to get a lot of surge.

Yes, I'm driving only busy time. I live in busy area, most of the weeks my surge is between 20%-35% of my weekly income.

But even days without surge are good if there is no traffic and you have long runs and returns from suburbs because it's the same money for example to have trip with x2.0 from city to ringwood or to have regular 2 trips from city to ringwood and ringwood back to city and that lot's of pp that complain about the low rates don't understand...