Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Ejected my 1st pax last night....

5K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  UberBastid 
#1 · (Edited)
It took almost 2000 rides but I finally had to pull into a parking lot and ask the pax to exit my vehicle.
I arrived at the pin location, a motel, waited by the lobby. After a minute i text her and tell her I'm waiting at the address requested. She asks me via text, to confirm hotel name. I didn't answer because i saw a woman heading my way. She then calls me.
I tell I'm right in front of her. To be fair, my trade dress wasn't on my dash as usual. Red flag 1
I start the trip and ask her if we are just going down Quebec to Arapahoe.
She says yes I need to go to Safeway in the liquor store and then we're coming back here. She didn't even bother to ask that would mind waiting. Red flag 2
As we started down Quebec Street she asked do you have any music. The music was playing on Pandora but was turned down a little because I always keep the volume down as a pax gets in and hadn't gotten around to turning it back up yet. Red flag 3
Reign 'oer me by The Who was playing. A couple minutes later she says turn it off. I ask what would like to hear. Just turn it off and give me the aux cord.
I said i would be happy to change to an artist of your choice but the aux cord stays attached to my phone. Red flag 4
To this she replys you're rude.
My temperature is rising quickly at this point so I pull into a parking lot and tell tell her she needs to get another Uber because this ride is done, please exit my vehicle. She pulls out her phone to video the rest and asks you're going to drop me in the middle of nowhere? I reply it's not the middle of nowhere, this is a city, please exit my vehicle.
Finally she gets out muttering more rude crap. I drove off, my adrenaline pumping.
I went to nearby spot i wait for pings at to calm down. A few minutes later I get a ping from an address near where I left the rude pax but a different name.
I accepted it, but as i got close they cancelled.
The best ending was as I drove by that parking lot, she was still standing there starring ar her phone.

I knew if I didn't end the ride when I did, things would have gotten real ugly.
I immediately reported her to Uber and got back a response that said i would never be paired with that rider again.

See less See more
#14 ·
Yeah I wouldn't of put her out for that. I would have just let her use the AUX. Made pleasant convo...like ask if she from out of town? How's your day going so far? Hey I have family coming into town next month would you recommend that motel? Anything to change the mood around. It was rude for calling you names...but that's to be expected since you booted her out the car.

#9 ·
LOL, that was it? I am moving to Highlands Ranch if THAT was your most difficult PAX!

It took almost 2000 rides but I finally had to pull into a parking lot and ask the pax to exit my vehicle.
I arrived at the pin location, a motel, waited by the lobby. After a minute i text her and tell her I'm waiting at the address requested. She asks me via text, to confirm hotel name. I didn't answer because i saw a woman heading my way. She then calls me.
I tell I'm right in front of her. To be fair, my trade dress wasn't on my dash as usual. Red flag 1
Is this red flag on you or her? Your fault no trade dress in the window. You want this lady to just walk up to every random vehicle?

She says yes I need to go to Safeway in the liquor store and then we're coming back here. She didn't even bother to ask that would mind waiting. Red flag 2
Just lol.

As we started down Quebec Street she asked do you have any music. The music was playing on Pandora but was turned down a little because I always keep the volume down as a pax gets in and hadn't gotten around to turning it back up yet. Red flag 3
She asked because she could not hear it, you had it turned down.
Reign 'oer me by The Who was playing. A couple minutes later she says turn it off. I ask what would like to hear. Just turn it off and give me the aux cord.
I said i would be happy to change to an artist of your choice but the aux cord stays attached to my phone. Red flag 4
To this she replys you're rude.
Ok, I will give you this one.

My temperature is rising quickly at this point so I pull into a parking lot and tell tell her she needs to get another Uber because this ride is done, please exit my vehicle. She pulls out her phone to video the rest and asks you're going to drop me in the middle of nowhere? I reply it's not the middle of nowhere, this is a city, please exit my vehicle.
Finally she gets out muttering more rude crap. I drove off, my adrenaline pumping.
I went to nearby spot i wait for pings at to calm down. A few minutes later I get a ping from an address near where I left the rude pax but a different name.
I accepted it, but as i got close they cancelled.
The best ending was as I drove by that parking lot, she was still standing there starring ar her phone.

I knew if I didn't end the ride when I did, things would have gotten real ugly.
I immediately reported her to Uber and got back a response that said i would never be paired with that rider again.
All I can say it stay wherever you are! You think THIS is a bad ride?

How would things have gotten "real ugly"? Would you have throw her from your moving vehicle? Pepper sprayed her?

Just wow!

#15 ·
Yeah I wouldn't of put her out for that. I would have just let her use the AUX. Made pleasant convo...like ask if she from out of town? How's your day going so far? Hey I have family coming into town next month would you recommend that motel? Anything to change the mood around. It was rude for calling you names...but that's to be expected since you booted her out the car.
I tried to change the mood, but when she said I was rude, the only option at that point was to end the ride.
I sure as hell wasn't going to be waiting for her to go to the liquor store and Safeway and then take her back to her motel.
It's always easy to have 20-20 hindsight, but I did what I felt was the best for me at the time, and getting that entitled cu nt out of my car was it.

#26 ·
I tried to change the mood, but when she said I was rude, the only option at that point was to end the ride.
I sure as hell wasn't going to be waiting for her to go to the liquor store and Safeway and then take her back to her motel.
It's always easy to have 20-20 hindsight, but I did what I felt was the best for me at the time, and getting that entitled cu nt out of my car was it.
I agree that once a passenger becomes abusive (name calling, insulting sarcasm, etc) they've crossed the line. However, if I'm ending a ride for it somewhere other than the passengers destination, I would stay in the vicinity as a safety courtesy (though she showed you none) while they find another Uber.

#18 ·
He's 2000 trips in before ever ejecting someone but some of you people claiming he was overreacting. I'm sure he would of ejected more prior to this event if he was easily annoyed/angered. If he's at a point where he wants to ejected a Pax then he has the right. Hopefully, she has learned her lesson and You'll be thanking him later when she realizes disrespect is not tolerated in Uber.

#24 ·
I have the same rule for playing poker as playing Uber.

"Fold early and fold often."

If I get hole cards that are crap, I fold them before the flop. Cut your losses. To call just for a chance to match up an offsuit 2 - 7 is crazy. Sure, you might hit once in a while with a full boat ... but the odds are way against you. Fold early, fold often.

IF I get two low numbered, off suit pax's -- they get in the car with a bad attidute from the start. FOLD. Wait for good cards, um I mean pax's. They out there, unless you are wasting you time, energy and money on cards (or pax's) that are long odds.

Another way to look at it is an old Yiddish saying, "As it begins is how it ends." If it starts out bad - it will end bad. Cut your losses, fold.

Reactions: DocT
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.