1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Effective Immediately: New Customer Scoring System

Discussion in 'Raleigh-Durham' started by Laz Yoldlug, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Laz Yoldlug

Laz Yoldlug

My new scoring system is that only customers who tip will earn 5 stars from me. No tip, no 5 Stars!
    Good no hassle riders will earn 4 stars. To earn 5 Stars from me, the customer has to show me some love. They need to go above & beyond to earn FIVE STARS from me!!
    Remember, Tipping is not required. (It is appreciated!)

2. Makes sense for sure and I'll adopt the same philosophy as well going forward.

Casuale Haberdasher likes this.
  3. I guess the downside to that will them rating you less than a 5 as well?You think?

4. My clients do not see their rating. I do it after I'm driving away. Yes. I'm the same way…No tip…No 5 stars…Don't care if it's Uberxl or a 5.0 surge… Minimum fare's automatically lose a point just for that. No destination addy…worth a point. Leave trash in my car…automatic 1 star. I roll a timer for five minutes when I arrive at the pin drop. Make me wait when I arrive 3-5 minutes, also a point. Five minutes or more equal cancelled ride.

5. EcoboostMKS

EcoboostMKS

Driving:
    Livery
    You guys should start requiring riders to bring you water, candy, and mints for that highly sought after 5 star rating.

6. Actually the client has that right to include that in their rating of me. However the problem is that in a uber ride where we are providing a service at about 1/2 the taxi cab rate so water and gum is not required. The more you pay at hotels the more amenities you get…Simply put. Yes, we should assigning a rating to the passenger based on their quality.

7. Bill Wirth

Bill Wirth

Driving:
    UberX
    yesterday i had 3 strangers from the duke washington inn(at least 200$) share a regular fare ride rdu and no tip!!!!!!!!!! wtf!!!!!!!

8. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    That's the norm. I regularly pick up or drop off at the Ulmstead Hotel and tips are a dead animal. As far as ratings go, does it really matter. You think it gives you a little power or control but pax will still get picked up so I'm not sure how it matters what we rate them.

9. You just have to resign yourself to the fact that no one will tip on uberX. Doesn't matter who it is - airport foljs, rich people, service industry people - they simply aren't going to do it.

Every once in a blue moon, I'll get an uber tip.

Lyft on the other hand - I average about 10% if my fare earnings in tips in the app. Not everyone tips, but that's how it seems to average.

10. The only uber pax who get 5 stars from me are those who tip.

Pleasant folks who don't tip get 4.

I rarely need to rate below a 4 but I've occasionally had pax who pawed at me, slam my doors, keep me waiting close to 5 minutes or rough-housed with their buddies in the car & I've given those folks 1-3 stars.

I haven't yet had anyone be actually rude or mean to me at this point. I did have some pax expressing bigoted opinions about others, but they were not the account holders & in those two situations, I could tell from the conversation that the account holder didn't share their opinions so I let it slide.

11. That's really frustrated and disappointed; it happened to me couple times I pick up people from Biltmore hotel to dt phx for 9.70dlls and no tip; in that kind of resort the average price is 250dlls per night

Respect The Beard likes this.
  12. Crazy and I have been giving out top notch service and 5's like crazy and have been tipped once is 80 rides

13. Cipher0352

Cipher0352

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm from NYC and everyone tips. I even tip the yellow cabs when I'm a pax. People down here are mad cheap.

14. I have to agree 100% being a New Yorker that people down here are cheap and don't tip.I always try to spread Love cause it's the Brooklyn Way.

15. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Brooklyn in the house! There is some of that but it's as much an Uber thing, they have trained people not to tip, period. Happens everywhere including NYC.

16. UberIto

UberIto

So I've given 5 star ratings to every single one of the 1000+ passengers I've driven. My philosophy has been that if you're not blatantly and grossly disrespectful to me, my car, or to others, then you're a customer and I'm thankful for you.

If you want to bicker about tipping (which I agree sucks and i'll gladly abandon uber if an alternative proves more driver-friendly), why not have this approach: tip = 5 stars. No tip = 1 star.

Keep in mind I don't think it matters. But I'd be interested to see what happens if I said that to a customer (ha, basically hold their irrelevant rating hostage for a tip).

I suspect my 4.88 which once was 4.93 will continue its irrelevant descent.

17. Libertyfare

Libertyfare

I have yet to see a tip but consistently get a 5 star rating from my pax. I just thought that people around here don't tip.

18. Really?
    This is an very interesting revelation
    I didn't notice it yet
    Thanks for you brightness
    Lol

19. SafeT

SafeT

If you rate everyone who doesn't tip 4 stars or below then soon you will have no riders at all to pick up. If they are no prob we pretty much have to give 5 stars if we want to keep getting riders. If on the other hand they are any trouble (stuffing too many passengers, trying to bring booze, trying to smoke, asking to stop at the ATM and making you sit for 10 mins, jumping around like kids in the back, pushing every button they can find, playing with the windows, farting, condescending wealthy pricks, etc., etc.) Burn them bad with 1-3 stars so they will never get any ride again.

20. I have only given put 5's and have had my rating drop from a 4.90 to a 4.80 and saw one negative comment from a Prick that wasn't even from Raleigh and I gave him a 5.I went above and beyond to drop that Prick to a hotel couldn't remember (North Raleigh Hilton)and even overextended myself to drop him to Dennys up the street from there and for what?I'm gonna start being the same kind of Prick with these ungrateful people.