• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

edu me , Rideshare : Safe and Appropriate Behaviours

Lowestformofwit

Typical Anglo-Saxon position, Anglo-Saxon is always right, all others have no rights and voice.
BULLSHIT!
Didn’t say anywhere that A-S (or any other group) were always right - another ”poor me” whinge from you the one with a seemingly huge chip on your shoulder.
Just that your ignorant sproutings are both wrong and utterly paranoid.
Again, if you don’t like it here, and can’t drive with any awareness or tolerance of others, just clear out.

Hot Suomi

The driver in question indicated his intention to change lanes and tooted his horn...

Changing lanes and merging
Changing lanes
When you change lanes, you must give way to any vehicle in the lane you are moving into. This rule applies even if your lane is ending and you have to cross a lane line.

Don’t take risks when changing lanes. Before you change lanes, you must indicate for long enough to give warning to other road users

You must turn off your indicator after you have changed lanes or merged.

peteyvavs

Ok so uber sent ( I think) everyone an email about Aug. 1st Saftey thingy
So today Mon. ( shopping day Fidays fiiish, is everybody happy ,you bet your life we are( old song ))
Except me :frowner:
Just spent 30 min. Did course on laptop.
Now because it was an uber email

I pressed
"Continue with your uber account "
At the end it said ✅course completed .
Nothing about " your results will be sent to uber etc."
So went back to opening page and it said ,

"There was a problem with your uber sign in details ":thumbdown:
Edu me never asked me to sign in , it just said continue with your uber account ??
Which I did , and completed course ,
I thought this was hooked up to uber
Oh well off to hub 2morrow :o-o:
Change your password immediately for your Uber account.

Golfer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Change your password immediately for your Uber account.
Didn't have to use it , to do test,
"Sheil be right mate " don't do enough driving anyhow .
If I was being scammed, poor buggers would be that dissapionted , they would go staight to Centerlink :eek: :confusion::smiles:
I forgot you're from the USofA , it's a new Gov. Requirement here in Aussie, all rideshare, taxi, etc have to do this course by Aug 1st , just more Gov . Paper work.

Unless your really good at filling out forms, and I mean really good , don't ever think of doing rideshare in Aussie :o-o: :frowner:

Last edited:

Toucan12

Can’t cop that? - you shouldn’t be driving, let alone for a living.
Don’t like it here?
Don’t like white Anglo-Saxons?
Sounding pretty RACIST to me.
Don’t let the door at the airbridge hit you on your way back to wherever land.
ASIO monitors all social media and builds profile on these undesirables. Hot SUMO must have a very large file.
I myself feel comfort reading his submissions. No matter how screwed up I may be, there is always someone worst off than me. Hot SUMO reminds of this every time he raises his racist head.

Jack Malarkey

All this talk of the Rhodes reminds me of Russ Hinze, the Colossus of Roads. Remember him?

These days, he’s more famous as a dam.
Jack, I’m afraid you’ve slipped up on this one.

The Hinze Dam is actually named in honour of the grandparents of the Colossus of Roads. Check it out in Wikipedia:

‘Hinze Dam was named in honour of local pioneers Carl and Johanna Hinze (grandparents of Queensland politician Russ Hinze) who lived in the valley that was flooded by the dam’.

(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinze_Dam)

Golfer

All this talk of the Rhodes reminds me of Russ Hinze, the Colossus of Roads. Remember him?
right
These days, he’s more famous as a dam.
Well Jack you are half , " famous as a dam"
How many QLD 's remember im as infamous , and here's why.
:eek::smiles:
He was also the minister for " everything "which Included Main Roads portfolio , now it just so happens he owned a Pub , at Oxenford , on the Gold Coast Hwy, now Russ decided the Tar / road surface , was in need of resurfacing ( for publoc safety of course ) so he closed the North bound lanes, but of course he put in a " bypass" so as not inconbeinance, travelers .
Now it just so happened there was room for the bypass next to his pub ,
To be more precise , his BOTTLE SHOP, outside wall,:eek::eek:
But always with the public's best interests in his thoughts, he also put a gravel section veering through his BOTTLE SHOP.
From memory that road resurfacing took approx 6 months .
But of course with the public's road safety best interests at mind
Ah the good old days :smiles::smiles::smiles::eek:

Lowestformofwit

Jack, I’m afraid you’ve slipped up on this one.

The Hinze Dam is actually named in honour of the grandparents of the Colossus of Roads. Check it out in Wikipedia:

‘Hinze Dam was named in honour of local pioneers Carl and Johanna Hinze (grandparents of Queensland politician Russ Hinze) who lived in the valley that was flooded by the dam’.
(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinze_Dam)
The original name for the Dam was ‘Advancetown Dam’.
I know this because I and all the other draftsmen in our office did all the design drawings for the construction.
Advancetown, a small hamlet (but with a pub that was always a highlight of our field trips to the site) was inundated by the impoundment, and is now only commemorated by the name of the Dam’s impoundment: ‘Advancetown Lake’.
@Jack Malarkey was deceived, as he and countless others have been over the years, by what I believe to be the deliberate omission of Carl’s & Johanna’s names, or even initials, in the ‘Hinze Dam’ name.
Cynics (including me and my co-workers on this project) always believed the name was such as to deceive the public into remembering the “glory years of Russ Hinze”.
There a quite a few other water storages in Qld, eg ‘Peter Faust Dam’ where the commemorative naming is quite unambiguous.
I rest my case against The Hon R J Hinze’s part in this.

Jack Malarkey

I know this because I and all the other draftsmen in our office did all the design drawings for the construction.
Advancetown, a small hamlet (but with a pub that was always a highlight of our field trips to the site) was inundated by the impoundment, and is now only commemorated by the name of the Dam’s impoundment: ‘Advancetown Lake’.
@Jack Malarkey was deceived, as he and countless others have been over the years, by what I believe to be the deliberate omission of Carl’s & Johanna’s names, or even initials, in the ‘Hinze Dam’ name.
Cynics (including me and my co-workers on this project) always believed the name was such as to deceive the public into remembering the “glory years of Russ Hinze”.
There a quite a few other water storages in Qld, eg ‘Peter Faust Dam’ where the commemorative naming is quite unambiguous.
Wow! Thanks for this background.

Who is John Galt?

The Hinze Dam.

Well okay, you blokes may believe you have the true roots to this story - the Hon. R J Hinze or perhaps his grandparents Carl and Johanna Hinze or perhaps even a misspelling of H J Heinz with 57 varieties of stories or 57 portfolios.

However, I believe the true story is that it was named after Russ Hinze’s grand-daughter, Kirsty.

Like the dam, she is a natural beauty bubbling forth with a barely contained body (of water) and takes your breath away with her cool, calm, refreshing and invigorating beauty.

Every time you look at Kirsty Hinze you just think, “Whoa damn!”

30F045DD-4DEC-4BCF-9F8E-CA9D0ECD4780.png

Golfer

Well there was a lot left in this thread , until you had to go and ruin it with the bloody FACTS ,( there's always one )
But lucky for us , Mr Galt snuck one in after " the bell had rung "
The lovely Kirsty :smiles: ?