• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

@@@@ed by Uber

lyft_rat

Well after a string of good luck with long pickup fees, today Uber fuucked me. I drove 8 miles to a long pickup and 1/4 mile from the destination the pax cancelled. That should have been $5 + long cancellation fee, probably around $12-13 total. I got $0.00 so I asked Uber to pay up but I am not hopeful.

Invisible

I won’t ask why you took the trip since I’m sure another person will. I’m sure you’re mad enough. It stinks when pax cancels and you get nada.

FLKeys

Well after a string of good luck with long pickup fees, today Uber fuucked me. I drove 8 miles to a long pickup and 1/4 mile from the destination the pax cancelled. That should have been $5 + long cancellation fee, probably around $12-13 total. I got $0.00 so I asked Uber to pay up but I am not hopeful.
Did you start driving toward the PAX right away or let the clock run a little before you headed that way? Did it take you a lot longer than the estimated time to get there? Those are the only reason I would see Uber not paying the cancel fee along with the extra for the long pick-up fee you had into the ride
Post automatically merged:

I won’t ask why you took the trip since I’m sure another person will. I’m sure you’re mad enough. It stinks when pax cancels and you get nada.
In some markets it pays to take those long pick-ups. I'll take them every time on Uber. Lyft, forget it since they don't pay a long pick-up fee in my area.

lyft_rat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did you start driving toward the PAX right away or let the clock run a little before you headed that way? Did it take you a lot longer than the estimated time to get there? Those are the only reason I would see Uber not paying the cancel fee along with the extra for the long pick-up fee you had into the ride
No all was normal. Took the exact Uber route. No traffic delays. Strange that I did not get the cancellation fee but also that the pax cancelled when I was so close. I am wondering if the pax cancelled in the first 2 minutes and there was a delay in giving me the anti-ping. That could explain it.

R3drang3r

$12-13 total minus the $5 cancellation fee. $8 for driving 8 miles to pickup?

DREAM ON?

lyft_rat

$12-13 total minus the $5 cancellation fee. $8 for driving 8 miles to pickup?

DREAM ON?
I got it many times. I can prove it. I posted one of them recently. They don't break down the premium for long pickup. I've had identical rides with different fares.

Look here:

Disgusted Driver

I usually get 40 cents to !.50 for doing long pickups AND it counts towards the minimum ride if it's a short trip so I never do them anymore. You are donating the first 10 minutes and X miles for no pay so you are already in the hole on a long pickup, makes no sense unless there's a guarantee it's a long or lucrative fare.

R3drang3r

I got it many times. I can prove it. I posted one of them recently. They don't break down the premium for long pickup. I've had identical rides with different fares.

Look here:
Every Market has a time period that has to be satisfied before they even begin to start paying for the extra miles. In my market it's 10 minutes.
I seriously doubt that Uber paid you a dollar a mile from the get-go.

pizzaladee

There is no long cancellation fee. If the ride is canceled you get either the standard cancel fee or actual miles and time it took to get there, whichever is more, but not both.

You should have received something for the trip. What did it say under the ride details?

Last edited:

lyft_rat

It originally said zero. I asked Uber for a cancellation fee and they eventually gave me $3.80. How they calculated that whio knows.

Every Market has a time period that has to be satisfied before they even begin to start paying for the extra miles. In my market it's 10 minutes.
I seriously doubt that Uber paid you a dollar a mile from the get-go.
I am not claiming $1 per mile. I am just saying it is possible to get a $8 long pickup fee. And this is not outrageously long but certainly more than 10 minutes.

nouberipo

As long as you learn from this that you should never trust Uber to do the right thing and that you never pick up long pickups then it may have been worth it. As for asking Uber to pay up, the Filipino call center has no clue what they are doing, will lie to you about anything and everything, and are basically useless. I think they only exist for the optics so that Uber can say they have 24/7 driver support when the Manila call center is anything but....in my experience they only make the situation worse in terms of stress.