• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Eats in philly.

Marcello philly

I go to 2040 market St with a delivery. It's an apartment building. Customer wants me to go upstairs to deliver her food, I refuse that . She said she get couple deliveries before nd drivers go upstairs.
Is just a reminder for other driver that u carry the food from location to another nd u get paid for that u not a room service person,

charmer37

I do a few Ubereats deliveries and I call the customer to make sure they are outside when I drop off there food, My last delivery a customer wanted me to come to the 18th floor, To be honest she lucky I didnt cancel her order. No tips and they want great service, Not from me.

Lantawood

Exactly why I despise delivering downtown and avoid it at all cost. It reinforces the feeling that I'm working for chump change. You deal with long directions left in the app, impossible parking, and navigating high rises. Not worth the effort.

I do a few Ubereats deliveries and I call the customer to make sure they are outside when I drop off there food, My last delivery a customer wanted me to come to the 18th floor, To be honest she lucky I didnt cancel her order. No tips and they want great service, Not from me.

charmer37

It's definitely not worth the trouble and not receiving tips, We go thru to much dealing with parking and no tips so the least the customer can do is be outside waiting for there food, Driving for uber is a pain but Ubereats can be ridiculous.

Lantawood

Exactly why I was tempted to leave a guy's order hanging on his doorknob...just to be spiteful. Arrived at his building and didn't realize it wasn't the typical setup (main middle entrance). His building had a middle entrance with units up and downstairs as well as a far left and far right entrance with units up & downstairs.

Since I couldn't find my way, I called. He gives me some vague explanation of where he is. I decide to ignore and figure it out myself. I thought, 'there has to be some rhyme and reason to this.' There was only one building 17 so he had to be here! After walking to the far left entrance, I finally found his place downstairs on the far right.

These people are so stupid. They want food but don't have the sense to assist. They provide no gate codes, building/unit numbers, or business names sometimes. How badly do you want to eat??

It's definitely not worth the trouble and not receiving tips, We go thru to much dealing with parking and no tips so the least the customer can do is be outside waiting for there food, Driving for uber is a pain but Ubereats can be ridiculous.

galileo5

Exactly why I was tempted to leave a guy's order hanging on his doorknob...just to be spiteful. Arrived at his building and didn't realize it wasn't the typical setup (main middle entrance). His building had a middle entrance with units up and downstairs as well as a far left and far right entrance with units up & downstairs.

Since I couldn't find my way, I called. He gives me some vague explanation of where he is. I decide to ignore and figure it out myself. I thought, 'there has to be some rhyme and reason to this.' There was only one building 17 so he had to be here! After walking to the far left entrance, I finally found his place downstairs on the far right.

These people are so stupid. They want food but don't have the sense to assist. They provide no gate codes, building/unit numbers, or business names sometimes. How badly do you want to eat??
It was really depressing reading your post. The shit rates and the no-tipping policy should have been enough to tell you not to go through all that hassle to find the customer.

Lantawood

Now, I see why drivers tell people to meet them in their building's lobby or on the curb. You're right. Too much hassle. What would you have done?

It was really depressing reading your post. The shit rates and the no-tipping policy should have been enough to tell you not to go through all that hassle to find the customer.

Lantawood

I couldn't have worded it better. Where's their common sense? Nonexistent. Was on my way to a complex and I checked the additional info. She had a gate code and building number listed. Off to the right start. I arrive and realize I don't have a unit #. So close yet no cigar.

It is incredibly annoying when people don't give gate codes or apartment numbers. If you were giving a friend directions to your place you wouldn't leave that information out why would you do that to someone delivering something to you.

Marcello philly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't headache a lot
I call no answer . I leave food in reception . no reception I leave food outside next to the door and I notify customer with text message.
I keep running.
Who knows maybe the customer is already dead. Taking shower, sleeping.....
My time has value no???

seeffff

Happened to me the other day! If youre knocking and calling they want you to wait ten minutes. Then shoot them a text saying food is at the door and leave. When you complete the trip just leave the additional details.

charmer37

I been there done that delivering food for cheap ass uber, When that happens or it's hard to find the customer I wait out and cancel then get a free lunch, Crappy rates, crappy boost pay and no tipping...Unbelievable!

charmer37

I go to 2040 market St with a delivery. It's an apartment building. Customer wants me to go upstairs to deliver her food, I refuse that . She said she get couple deliveries before nd drivers go upstairs.
Is just a reminder for other driver that u carry the food from location to another nd u get paid for that u not a room service person,
Ubereats is ridiculous, I would check out other food delivery apps to work for because Ubereats pay is not worth the wear and tear on your car, If you have Promo bonuses it's good but the crappy boost pay after ubers commission is about $4.00 without tips....Not worth it!

Lantawood

I've become more ruthless. I use their food as collateral. Multiple entrances to your building? Welp. I'm not getting out of the car until I'm clear about where I'm walking. No gate code provided? I'm confirming before I leave the restaurant. They're hungry. I'm not.

I been there done that delivering food for cheap ass uber, When that happens or it's hard to find the customer I wait out and cancel then get a free lunch, Crappy rates, crappy boost pay and no tipping...Unbelievable!

melusine3

You gotta love the new drivers and now delivery persons - they fall for everything and this is what Uber counts on: ignorance. It is why they love the turnover churn. "Sure! I'll drive 30 miles to pick up a PAX and drive them 1.5 miles to Walmart!"

It is incredibly annoying when people don't give gate codes or apartment numbers. If you were giving a friend directions to your place you wouldn't leave that information out why would you do that to someone delivering something to you.
Because you are nothing to them. You are less than nothing, and Uber has cemented that into the psyche of riders and now Eaters.