Eats Guarantees - Don't bother

joffie

Last week I decided to work super hard doing Eats only during the guarantee hours (6-9) get an extra $7 per delivery if you accept 90 percent and cancel less than 10 percent.

Guess what - after all my hard work they did not pay me a cent for the 17 trips I did ($95.20).

So I questioned their useless support

1 - Claim my acceptance rate was too low. I went back to them then they said my acceptance rate is 100% and cancellation rate is 15%.

Out of the 20 trips I did I had to cancel 3 due to no parking, blocked road and food taking too long.

I am absolutely mega pissed off with them. Someone could do one eats request for the week and get the incentive, however someone who does 17 gets 0.. ziltch.. nothing.

However if I get 3 on Monday and accept 3 on monday then they should be paying pro rata. This is my next fite with them. They are absolutely useless.

It doesn't matter how much I explain to them I get their standard bs canned answers to accept and take all trips blah blah.

So folks, don't waste your time with the EATS incentive. Despite all my hard work with them you get insulted by their useless help.

The best thing to do from now on is to claim late fees $10. They can stick their incentives where the sun ain't shining.

I already learned don't waste time doing incentives for uberX however eats guarantees is now another scam by uber. They know there is no parking in the CBD to wait for the food. Half the places where the food is meant to come to the driver you still have to go in and pick it up.

What a disaster.

ScottieB

Last week I decided to work super hard doing Eats only during the guarantee hours (6-9) get an extra $7 per delivery if you accept 90 percent and cancel less than 10 percent.

Guess what - after all my hard work they did not pay me a cent for the 17 trips I did ($95.20).

1 - Claim my acceptance rate was too low. I went back to them then they said my acceptance rate is 100% and cancellation rate is 15%.

Out of the 20 trips I did I had to cancel 3 due to no parking, blocked road and food taking too long.

I am absolutely mega pissed off with them. Someone could do one eats request for the week and get the incentive, however someone who does 17 gets 0.. ziltch.. nothing.

However if I get 3 on Monday and accept 3 on monday then they should be paying pro rata. This is my next fite with them. They are absolutely useless.

It doesn't matter how much I explain to them I get their standard bs canned answers to accept and take all trips blah blah.

So folks, don't waste your time with the EATS incentive. Despite all my hard work with them you get insulted by their useless help.

The best thing to do from now on is to claim late fees $10. They can stick their incentives where the sun ain't shining.

I already learned don't waste time doing incentives for uberX however eats guarantees is now another scam by uber. They know there is no parking in the CBD to wait for the food. Half the places where the food is meant to come to the driver you still have to go in and pick it up.

What a disaster.
Hello, welcome to Uber

joffie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pretty simple to park in the city illegally is it???

Graham J

Plenty of us advised earlier that UberEATS is going to be a disaster. I tried it for one day and needed counselling for a month. The incentives were always going to be unsustainable from a business point-of-view and are designed to draw people into their web then snap, crack they come down on you like a tonne of bricks. Incentives or not, UberEATS cannot work in the CBD! Joffie, you tried and failed as will every other driver who tries to do EATS especially in the CBD. Big lesson here, any incentive offered by Uber is going to lead you into a trap and I say to everyone DON'T chase them especially refer a friend (who would quickly become an ex friend) to drive for Uber

UXDriver

Yep common sense would tell you eats is hard to complete in the CBD unless you have a 2nd person with you

Common sense also tells you that cancelling more than 10% of trips and then blaming Uber when you don't get the incentive is laughable

Graham J

Joffie, I feel your pain because the whole UberEATS thing will set the drivers up for failure. 5***** for effort and trying to make the system work for you but you were screwed the first time you received a ping into the CBD!

You've all seen the kids delivering food on their pushbikes around the CBD, sheer genius and one can see how that works! Joffie in his 4 door sedan trying to do the same thing, go figure!

laureb

Fight for a parking, go pick up food / or Wait for waiter to deliver food to you / High risk of being fined , then drive in 40 km zone + traffic + losing 20 -30 mins for a 3 - 4 mins drive, now fight for a car spot + pax not picking up calls + means what to do next / get out of car + walk + knock the door + wait pax in toilet / bathroom having a shower lol + after 5 mins pax come out + take order + NO TIP

ALL TOGERTHER , MORE THAN 30 MINS FOR $ 14 LOL - That's just for a start, in 3 months, this is going to be 1/2 the price

the example given below is just what I think , doesn't mean its 100 % accurate

Sure

What a disaster.
You made 17 deliveries and only made $97? That doesn't seem worth it.

sporadic

I do exclusively Eats nowadays. And get timed out by not accepting pings from certain restaurants. It's fun if you know how to work the system, the payout for me is much better than for X laureb.

Agree that CBD is more worthwhile for walking/tramming/biking Graham J. I pick my trips only within the Richmond area and ignore Fitzroy pings. Made some decent money walking some CBD trips last week though, especially when they are of short distance and easily trammable, the $9.20 min fares can add up pretty fast without adding extra mileage to car :biggrin: Pretty dodgy though, I need to experiment with setting a destination filter within the CBD in future to pick up just the walking trips. Especially if I got to the city on train and without my car. I only do CBD Eats trips at night past 8pm nowadays if I'm driving.

Eats is only viable for extremely short trips. Squeezing in 4 min fare trips gets you $36.80 without driving too much, and $36.80 is easily manageable for an hour. Last Sunday did $180 in 6h online.

To avoid all dbags... I'm happy with Eats.

Joffie, I feel your pain because the whole UberEATS thing will set the drivers up for failure. 5***** for effort and trying to make the system work for you but you were screwed the first time you received a ping into the CBD!

You've all seen the kids delivering food on their pushbikes around the CBD, sheer genius and one can see how that works! Joffie in his 4 door sedan trying to do the same thing, go figure!

joffie

Which is why doing eats is a nightmare

You knew the requirements for the guarantee and choose to ignore them

Only person to blame is yourself
Lets look at this logically.

You can do one EATS request for the whole week and get paid the incentive
You can do 17 and cancel 3 because you cannot park illegally in the CBD and get nothing.

It is an absolute joke. Next time I will stop on Flinders St blocking traffic to make UBER happy.

UBER know you will make the incentives, however PING you do a restaurant where THEY KNOW you cannot stop, therefore you fail.

I will be returning my bag for the $50 back.

joffie

Absolutely it is a disaster. I was pinged to a place on Flinders St where UBER said stop in the loading bay and pick up food.
The problem is, the loading bay acts as a clearway until after a certain time. There is no option but to cancel otherwise you will get fined or towed. UBER certainly will not be covering these costs.
Thanks for the support. Shame the IDIOTS at the Melbourne Office set the conditions so stupid that most drivers will fail and give up.
I certainly don't see EATS lasting much longer.

sporadic

Methinks if you want to make the incentives work for you, then just hang out at the fringe areas such as Glenferrie Rd or go down Beaconsfield Parade (pings from Albert Park/Port Melbourne/St Kilda) where parking is more easily available. Trips may be less but there is a very much lower likelihood of getting CBD pings.

Lets look at this logically.

You can do one EATS request for the whole week and get paid the incentive
You can do 17 and cancel 3 because you cannot park illegally in the CBD and get nothing.

It is an absolute joke. Next time I will stop on Flinders St blocking traffic to make UBER happy.

UBER know you will make the incentives, however PING you do a restaurant where THEY KNOW you cannot stop, therefore you fail.

I will be returning my bag for the $50 back.

sporadic

Gazi? Of course, had the same problem before. Was lucky I got there after 6.30pm...

Absolutely it is a disaster. I was pinged to a place on Flinders St where UBER said stop in the loading bay and pick up food.
The problem is, the loading bay acts as a clearway until after a certain time. There is no option but to cancel otherwise you will get fined or towed. UBER certainly will not be covering these costs.
Thanks for the support. Shame the IDIOTS at the Melbourne Office set the conditions so stupid that most drivers will fail and give up.
I certainly don't see EATS lasting much longer.