• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Eating While Driving as a Driver

Retired Senior

What I don't get is who would play you in the movie? Tom Cruise or Daniel Craig?

Cruise - [Screeches to a tyre-smoking stop]"La Guardia by five? It's a long shot, but it just might work"

Craig - [Pulls to a stop in a dignified manner] "Driver. Rideshare driver"

Bond has much better cars; some with an ejector seat, so quite frankly he is the better choice for rideshare. Although either one could handle non-stop calls and push himself until nightfall; as long as he's in bed by 10.
#########################################################################################

The Gift of Fish

#########################################################################################

Is this some kind of joke? Jason Statham falls in love with his first pax in the very first Transporter movie. It says very clearly in Uber's Terms and Conditions:

"As a reminder, Uber has a no sex rule. That’s no sexual conduct between drivers and riders, no matter what".

He also did not take the rider to the intended destination, which would have resulted in a sub-optimal experience, lower ratings and possible deactivation.

Trebor

I worked this Friday and Saturday afternoon. But Saturday evening I parked at a 'Park N Ride' and took an Uber into the city to avoid paying for event parking.

On my return trip shortly after midnight - I had a pretty seasoned driver with over 2,500 rides get me. They didn't know I also drove but they asked me if I minded that they ate while they drove. As a driver I was skeptical; but I am also not trying to block them from getting power food in for a long night.

They proceed to eat their food while driving and even spilled their drink IN THEIR OWN car while driving. When they spilled their drink the driver took their eyes off the road and started to drift into another lane.

When we got to the 'Park N Ride' they asked me which car was mine and I just said "That one with the Uber stickers in it".

2,500+ rides and a 4.87 rating.

Would any of you even remotely consider eating while driving? I have snacked while stationary, but never in motion. I wouldn't even dream of it with a passenger. I don't even drink my water while on a ride.

4.87 and its likely he has done this before. Doesn't seem to me riders really care, except for the ones who think they hired a towncar at trash rates. Can't tell me rates are high enough if this driver doesn't have 10 minutes to chomp down on some food.

Sounds to me, you are just looking for an excuse to not tip. #getoveryourself.

OMG he spilled a drink. Who cares. Did he get into a car accident? This dude is only human just like you and me. Have you never spilled a drink? Really?

P.S. I personally don't eat in front of pax, just my preference.

Pusher

I worked this Friday and Saturday afternoon. But Saturday evening I parked at a 'Park N Ride' and took an Uber into the city to avoid paying for event parking.

On my return trip shortly after midnight - I had a pretty seasoned driver with over 2,500 rides get me. They didn't know I also drove but they asked me if I minded that they ate while they drove. As a driver I was skeptical; but I am also not trying to block them from getting power food in for a long night.

They proceed to eat their food while driving and even spilled their drink IN THEIR OWN car while driving. When they spilled their drink the driver took their eyes off the road and started to drift into another lane.

When we got to the 'Park N Ride' they asked me which car was mine and I just said "That one with the Uber stickers in it".

2,500+ rides and a 4.87 rating.

Would any of you even remotely consider eating while driving? I have snacked while stationary, but never in motion. I wouldn't even dream of it with a passenger. I don't even drink my water while on a ride.
Did you ask him if he has ever been on UP or not? With that many rides he should be able to come on here and defend himself for doing that..

Personally I don’t eat when I have a Pax, I may take a sip of coffee or water but that’s about it.