Eating Uber Eats Cancellations

fruber

Doing Uber Eats and I havent had any cancellations yet after I've picked up the food - Im assuming you can"dispose" of it (ie eat it) if the customer cancels?

MeatyJoe

The correct procedure is to return it to the restaurant and they'll usually tell you to keep it.

When it happens just give them a ring and they'll say the same thing, that way you're covered if pax decides to start replying to your message when you're neck deep in their dinner.

If they do reply and it's too late, don't reply to them. You've done your Job

W

weakhandnightdriver

The correct procedure is to return it to the restaurant and they'll usually tell you to keep it.

When it happens just give them a ring and they'll say the same thing, that way you're covered if pax decides to start replying to your message when you're neck deep in their dinner.

I agree. That's how i normally do it.

L5S

I dont do ubereats normally only login for free lunch/dinner hahaha

Last week got lucky got halal snack pack from lebanese shop not big fan of chips tho just meat

Apollo

I dont do ubereats normally only login for free lunch/dinner hahaha

Last week got lucky got halal snack pack from lebanese shop not big fan of chips tho just meat
If its the same Lebanese shop that i go to,then go for the halal pork.It's delicious.And since your not a big fan of chips, can i recommend the bacon as a substitute for the chips.You will thank me.You will get hooked on the crispy bacon.Let me know once you have tried it L5S.

Younas G

There is no such rule of calling and heading back to restaurants in case of non responsive customer. Its at your own discretion though. I simply proceed to my next order and discard the food as agreed upon by uber.

Signal Twenty

hey, sorry for resurrecting a dead thread, but I'm new to UE and wasn't sure - if a customer places an order and the navigation in the app brings you to a completely different location from where the customer is at, what should I do?

OK, here's my scenario - I had a delivery. Pickup is fine, drive to the address. I park and get out of the car. The navigation has me in the middle of a playground (yes, a playground). The closest building is facing the opposite way (address/building number wasn't visible), so instead of getting back in the car to drive around, I decide to walk around the building (its a nice day and I could use the stretch). Meanwhile, I( am texting and then calling the customer for better directions. She said she sees where the navigation put me and thought it was weird. She talked me through the directions to her place, and I completed the delivery.

Her location was completely separate from there the app brought me to - I would say a good 1,500' distance. In the app's defense, the apartment complex is fairly big and very disjointed.

All said and done, it took me a solid 15 (maybe 20) minutes to find her.

Could I have just canceled after 5-10 minutes of waiting at the playground and walking around aimlessly?

Last edited:

Apollo

hey, sorry for resurrecting a dead thread, but I'm new to UE and wasn't sure - if a customer places an order and the navigation in the app brings you to a completely different location from where the customer is at, what should I do?

OK, here's my scenario - I had a delivery. Pickup is fine, drive to the address. I park and get out of the car. The navigation has me in the middle of a playground (yes, a playground). The closest building is facing the opposite way (address/building number wasn't visible), so instead of getting back in the car to drive around, I decide to walk around the building (its a nice day and I could use the stretch). Meanwhile, I( am texting and then calling the customer for better directions. She said she sees where the navigation put me and thought it was weird. She talked me through the directions to her place, and I completed the delivery.

Could I have just canceled after 5-10 minutes of waiting at the playground and walking around aimlessly?
Never ring up.Just eat the food and enjoy.:wink:

DazzaMelb

You haven't had a cancellation? What are you doing wrong? :eek:

Book up a cancellation today, enjoy a slice of pizza and some wine! Or maybe just some fouls smelling thing from *beeeep* due to broadcasting difficulties here's NV a word from our sponsors...

KITT

Her location was completely separate from there the app brought me to - I would say a good 1,500' distance. In the app's defense, the apartment complex is fairly big and very disjointed.

I always report to Uber issues with navigation, change in delivery address and if I need to travel farther because of detours and road closures.

Often they will give you extra compensation.

george manousaridis

If its the same Lebanese shop that i go to,then go for the halal pork.It's delicious.And since your not a big fan of chips, can i recommend the bacon as a substitute for the chips.You will thank me.You will get hooked on the crispy bacon.Let me know once you have tried it L5S.
I Love Instanbul with meat works,located opposite Lambs,Carlton!