Eating/drinking in the car

Inshur

Analyst83

Every time someone eats in my car, my blood starts to broil..it stinks,they eat,fart and burb..man! what the heck like seriously??
And not to mention they leave their trash/empty bottle/cups on the floor and in door pockets..

This is not just one color/kind of people..they all do it.How do you all deal with this??

I am about to put a sign
"Absolutely no eating/drinking in this car"

but then again it looks a little not professional..any ideas?

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
Yeah, just grow a back bone and straight up say please don't eat in the car. If they give you attitude, obviously you know what to do, take your one star like a champ and on to the next ping.

I personally don't mind people eating. If they make a mess I just report it to Uber and collect the clean up fee.

Salvi

All I know is iv accumulated 1000s of dollars from inconsiderate imbicils... I love when kids eat cookies in my car.. take a pic of crumbs quick 15 to 25 bucks usualy... I have a vacume and I vacume it up in a matter of minutes... leave a Mcdonald wrapper? Why thank you for the extra 15 bucks.
Wow no way that's awesome. But what if pax denies it to uber?

ffran347

The other day i saw this guy who had a sign on his window that said "no pets allowed" i wonder how he deals if its a "service animal."

Blatherskite

With all the aura of protection surrounding service animals, is one allowed to submit a clean-up fee when the service animal is doing the eating? What if the famished pax decides to devour his/her service animal, can one submit a fee for that?

Link_upnyc

All I know is iv accumulated 1000s of dollars from inconsiderate imbicils... I love when kids eat cookies in my car.. take a pic of crumbs quick 15 to 25 bucks usualy... I have a vacume and I vacume it up in a matter of minutes... leave a Mcdonald wrapper? Why thank you for the extra 15 bucks.
So for you its like finding money lol.... Very clever

BOO3

Every time someone eats in my car, my blood starts to broil..it stinks,they eat,fart and burb..man! what the heck like seriously??
And not to mention they leave their trash/empty bottle/cups on the floor and in door pockets..

This is not just one color/kind of people..they all do it.How do you all deal with this??

I am about to put a sign
"Absolutely no eating/drinking in this car"

but then again it looks a little not professional..any ideas?
Hey "new member" you should allow it for good tips that come with eating , drinking, etc in your car. Or do what I do, threaten to cancel.

Analyst83

So from what it sounds like to me is that there is nothing you could really do about it...Cancellations,too many cleaning fee and threatening outright is all bad for us anyways

How about a sign?Do you guys know if putting a sign like no eating/drinking permitted in this car is legal?

Attockpak1

So from what it sounds like to me is that there is nothing you could really do about it...Cancellations,too many cleaning fee and threatening outright is all bad for us anyways

How about a sign?Do you guys know if putting a sign like no eating/drinking permitted in this car is legal?
Do you honestly think these basteds will read your sign let alone give a krap about your sign or property or car? Let's be honest these people don't give 2 sheets about your or yout car.

dirtyjoerox

I have a car rules sign up “No eating & No drinking” yet people still try to play dumb and do it. No-No, little one. Always says I didn’t see your sign. You mean the big sign posted to the headrest right in front of you? Yeah, I can see how you’d miss it.

Alone44

Years ago when I used to drive yellow I had a guy who was eating pasta in the car I told him to stop because he had crumble cheese on it and that will be hard to clean he decided to call tlc and ask them if it's legal to eat or no and guess what they told him that there is no law that's forbid him from eating in the car. I just let him eat I told him fine you want to be smart go ahead eat but FYI I just had a girl who trow up there yesterday. He stopped eating when he got out he gave me 15 tip and apologize. But for uber customer I don't think that will be the case

MadePenniesToday

Just say, "Sorry, there's no eating in my car." That simple. I've said it. Most times you will get a low star, but no need to worry if you're at least a decent driver.

Rick N.

I had a couple who played it smart with me once, they asked to stop at burger king, when they came back just before i was about to tell them not to eat in the car,the dude goes "here we got you a double whopper w/cheese and fries and coke",how could I tell them not to eat while I was eating, so I just said "please don't make a mess".

Bklyndriver

I had a couple who played it smart with me once, they asked to stop at burger king, when they came back just before i was about to tell them not to eat in the car,the dude goes "here we got you a double whopper w/cheese and fries and coke",how could I tell them not to eat while I was eating, so I just said "please don't make a mess".

Lol had a similar story once. Had a dude who wanted to stop at a bank. After that dude went straight to the pizza shop without telling me. Couldn't leave cuz his friend was in the car. Waited like 10 mins but he brought me a slice. Can't complain it was a good slice.

Inshur New York