East Side Wichita

BigToe

Pretty obvious. Lots of Ads. Lots of people that want to make Christmas Money. Lots of people will drop out soon due to dissapointment. Everything will balance. Then Business as usual ...... Uber needs to promote riders. Not just drivers. Balance Grasshopper.
I drive. I park. I drive. I park. Good days. Bad days. We do live in Wichita. We are lucky when we make $10 an hr. Which is cool money if it can maintain througout the week. I work about 30-35hrs a week. Can't count time, would not be worth it. I count gas. Wear and tear. I dont worry to hard. My car is 10years old and runs great. We all gotta make a buck. I just wish people would hurry up and find out this isn't for them and move along. I just wanted to share. Not really trying to make a statement. Just saying what is up with me. What is up with you?

Dipshlappers

I am also a little perplexed by the massive pushes to hire drivers in the area. I am new to the area, and I have been driving for 2 months now. Like you said, if you put the time in, like 100%, lucky to make 10 an hour--and that's strictly actual take in, no gas or car keep up deduction.
Any and all drivers in the area will quickly tell you the area is already WAY saturated with drivers. Hopefully you're correct and things will balance out!

BigToe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am also a little perplexed by the massive pushes to hire drivers in the area. I am new to the area, and I have been driving for 2 months now. Like you said, if you put the time in, like 100%, lucky to make 10 an hour--and that's strictly actual take in, no gas or car keep up deduction.
Any and all drivers in the area will quickly tell you the area is already WAY saturated with drivers. Hopefully you're correct and things will balance out!
Definately glad I have a day job. I will park in MY spot after work. If I cannot take the pressure. I will drive MY cirle. If no Bings, I will take the long way home. Facing the facts. Rite now. The goal is topping $100, and do. Was more just a couple months ago. Like you, I have been doing this for a couple of month, however, I am in it for the long run. I will give it a year, and see how I feel. I am at 100% acceptance. ) So Thats over about a tank and a half. With personal driving during the week

BigToe

Hit the wrong button, I was not done. Anyway, 100% acceptance. 0% Cancel and a $4.81 Rating. I like the new customer comment section. But, that doesn't pay for gas. I don't count time, hell, your just driven around. And, ANY extra money is good, even if it is just $60 bucks. It pays for some things. I have lived hear only a couple of years. This is a great way to learn the city, find new places to eat, ect. I like the people, just not after midnight. They are too dam happy. Once again. Not really making a statement. Just talkin.

BigToe

Ok, its 2017. OK, there are Billions of drivers. Ima gonna give it hell tho. NOT gonna drive around. Gonna park in one spot. Get a ding, drop them off head back to my spot. That is all the driving around I am going to do. I am NOT going to drive aimlessly. If I do not get a call in the first 2hrs, I am going home, and, not worrying about it. After the first call, I will give it one hr. If no call, I will go home.

If its going to happen. Its going to happen. I will not drive past 10pm. Got a job to go to in the day. I will not drive after midnight. Those drunk people will only bring your rating down, they smell, and, talk to much smack. Beyond that, I will take every call, cuz you never know. Gotta take the good with the bad but not the horrible. I will also pray for the people that do this for their primary job.

Drove the fam to Minnesota for New Years, took my first UBER about 2 miles from Hotel to Mall of America. Sat at Hard Rock at the mall while the kid played at the Nickolodean amusement park just outside the Hard Rock door in the mall. Kids could go in the bar too to hunt parents. Its was very cool and fun. Took UBER Black cuz I got a $15 first time deal, so It cost me like 3 bucks. Very nice. Yes, I tipped the driver. The Mall has its own UBER area. Hella busy. Wayyyyy different than here thats for sure. They are making some bank. I am sure it just wasnt the season. That mall is always busy.
It was nice to be outside the Wichita bubble. I still would rather live here.

There is not statement here for anyone but myself. Whew, I feel better now.

BigToe

Its all pot luck. I find myself doing good always driving back to my comfortable spot. That way I am not driving aimlessly and have purpose. It comes in ebs and waves. Monday, almost 2hrs. Nuthin, went home. Tuesday 3hrs, forty bucks. Average hrly sucks. You really cannot count time. Its just driven around. Beats diggin a hole for someone. I got a computer for my car. Really helps the boredom sometimes. I like driving for UBER. My goal is $200 a week. Doesn't sound like a bunch but that extra $800 a month sure does pay some bills. Thats $10,000 a year. Nuthin wrong with that. Thats how I think of it. Just sayin.

drummerboy

Its all pot luck. I find myself doing good always driving back to my comfortable spot. That way I am not driving aimlessly and have purpose. It comes in ebs and waves. Monday, almost 2hrs. Nuthin, went home. Tuesday 3hrs, forty bucks. Average hrly sucks. You really cannot count time. Its just driven around. Beats diggin a hole for someone. I got a computer for my car. Really helps the boredom sometimes. I like driving for UBER. My goal is $200 a week. Doesn't sound like a bunch but that extra $800 a month sure does pay some bills. Thats $10,000 a year. Nuthin wrong with that. Thats how I think of it. Just sayin.
Also, consider events occurring which may help you be able predict the best spots such as a conference at a hotel or a concert

BigToe

Way to sound like a complete Robot. You know this is Wichita rite.
Example: Concert....get someone in surge. Take them home. Head back....Surge is over....lol

I sure am a Donald Downer.