1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Earnings

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by Diamond, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Diamond

Diamond New Member

To keep things simple - how much do you generally earn per week, or per hour - after Uber commission, but NOT deducting any other expenses such as gas, insurance, etc - which will naturally differ for everyone.

I live downtown and generally make between $14 to $25 per hour ($25 is very rare), and about $1000 per week working full time. Again, these numbers are before deducting gas, car payments, insurance, maintenance.

I am beginning to realize, that Uber is not viable full time - but I would be curious to see what others make - if you are comfortable sharing your numbers. Thanks!

2. biozon

biozon Well-Known Member

This has been discussed a lot here already, no need to create a new thread.

You need to realize that your actual earnings after all commissions, deductions, gas, depreciation, maintenance and repairs is roughly 50% of the total fares you collect.

TomP likes this.
  3. Diamond

Diamond New Member

Thank you Biozon - I am fully aware that I can't spend the money I buy gas and insurance with. However, since those costs are variable and vastly different for each individual (my monthly car related expenses *without* gas, amount to $1000 roughly, but a fellow driver with a lower insurance premium and no car payments gets away with $400) - I am simply curious of earnings potential, I didn't find a thread that simply reported those figures, without calculations & estimations of expenses. I am new and I'd like to see how I compare to others, and those who are thinking about joining might find this valuable too.

Please only reply if you are comfortable sharing your numbers, no off-topic posts please :)

4. Noobler

Noobler Well-Known Member

I average 18-20 per hour before all the deductions and post-uber commission

Diamond likes this.
  5. momo14

momo14 Active Member

I make about 14 to 16 an hour after uber deduction.

Diamond likes this.
  6. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Speaking of earnings, did Uber remove the gross fare amount from the app? Seems to me that I used to be able to see the total fare/ride, including SRF? Anyone else notice this?

7. Actionjax

Actionjax Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    $12 - $19 after Uber and expenses.

8. Diamond

Diamond New Member

Thanks Acrionjax. What do you make after Uber deduction, but *before* expenses? Thanks :)

9. Weekend Warrior

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    $20-$25

Diamond likes this.
  10. Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Between $28 and as high as $38 that's Pre Uber. So take 20% out of that.

Diamond likes this.
  11. Weekend Warrior

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Anyone?

12. Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    I see the total fare after you rate the passenger. But I haven't looked to see if it's pre or post SRF. I think it's post SRF fee.

13. Weekend Warrior

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I didn't think to look at the time, because it always used to be pre-SRF. Now it looks like the only place that you can the pre-SRF amount is in the Trip Summary from your desktop. Not a big deal, but I'm just curious why they changed.

14. Diamond

Diamond New Member

I still have the pre-Uber deduction rate showing after eah trip, my true earnings are offline under Earnings.

- Please keep this thread on-topic, just for sharing earnings. For other questions / topics, please start a new thread. Thanks :)

15. William1964

William1964 Well-Known Member

I'm still averaging $92.15 a day. Hourly is 15 to $18 an hour. My average trip is about $7.10.

16. Miner

Miner Member

Driving:
    UberX
    What are currently earnings? Please share. I am asking this as Uber is keep on adding drivers so earnings must be on decline....kindly share your experience here.

17. kingpin

kingpin Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    i'm earning 200 working 4 hours each on saturday and sunday night.

18. Drivebynight

Drivebynight Active Member

It varies for me quite a bit which is why I am reluctant to give a figure.

On Saturday, I made the rookie mistake of working at 10pm. All my pax wanted was to go downtown. It's extremely busy and I ended up getting stuck in traffic. Made 15 dollars in an hour and a half which is terrible,

I learned my lesson and went back later that night at 1:30 am. From 1:30 am - 3:30 am I grossed $85.00, so that's $42.50 per hour which is incredible. I got a little lucky because some young guys wanted to drive a good half hour in a surge zone.

When I drive, I will try to absorb personal expenses into Uber expenses. For example, one night a Pax wanted to drop off at their home and their home happened to be right near a Metro grocery store. I needed to buy groceries anyhow so I went there. I would have spent the gas even without Uber. So was gas an expense on this trip? It's hard to say.

Overall I would estimate that I'm averaging 15.00 per hour net of all expenses and once I completely understand what the hell I'm doing (when to drive, where to locate myself etc) I expect to make around 20.00 - 25.00 net after all expenses.

19. Drivebynight

Drivebynight Active Member

Uber is always adding drivers. But drivers are always quitting Uber.

20. inpool

inpool Active Member

Surge is down earning nosediving economy tanking as Uber goes hard on driver recruiting offering $175 per driver.This month will be very slow as uber recruits for the winter.Winter driving will bring better earning and lots of surge.I never work full time in the months of , march,April,May,October these months tend to be very slow in these business.Nov,dec,jan,feb,june,july,aug,sept, are good.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015