• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Early Payday Uber

hooj

How the effff you are not paying? Mind sharing it? lol I pay $30/month for 2 unlimited transaction accounts on my end. That's $360 a year!!!
PC Financial and now Simplii Financial.

Based on your numbers, looks like I’ve saved over $4000 the last 15 years roughly.

You gotta switch man!

uber_from_the north

Based on your numbers, looks like I’ve saved over $4000 the last 15 years roughly.

You gotta switch man!
Thanks! I did! Bank gave me a 12 transaction a month for a cheaper price. Ended up paying more so I went back lol. I need to learn on how to limit my debit card tapping sickness.

MUGATS

You gotta switch man!
Yeah I haven’t paid fees in 10-15 years too. I have another account with My credit union (mortgage holder) but that’s it.

I honestly think you’re crazy if you pay to bank.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Marry an employee of the Bank. Staff accounts don't pay fees.

Seriously though, there are a variety of second-tier financial institutions that do not charge fees for Interac and other 'daily' transactions. Some research and a bit of paperwork would probably save you $15-30 a month.

polrol

Why limit your transactions?, all you can tap is available with the small institutions (Simplii, Tangerine, Duca........)

uber_from_the north

Marry an employee of the Bank. Staff accounts don't pay fees.

Seriously though, there are a variety of second-tier financial institutions that do not charge fees for Interac and other 'daily' transactions. Some research and a bit of paperwork would probably save you $15-30 a month.
Good idea oh wait just realized I'm not single!

Why limit your transactions?, all you can tap is available with the small institutions (Simplii, Tangerine, Duca........)
I need to check on this institutions. I just made Robbers Bank of Canada wealthy.

WillC

Simplii does not charge any fees and no number of atm usages (CIBC)
I have been with PC/Simplii since they started in the 90s. I may have paid once an overdraft fee other than that it has costed me nothing ever since. It covers the use of CIBC ATM for deposits and cash withdraws.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
SIMPLII, what an ironic name. Would it not be more 'simple' to spell it SIMPLY?! *FacePalm*

(I know, I know, it's probably a trademark/branding/webdomain issue forcing that awkward, and not simple nor obvious, spelling.

hooj

Thanks! I did! Bank gave me a 12 transaction a month for a cheaper price. Ended up paying more so I went back lol. I need to learn on how to limit my debit card tapping sickness.
Never paid a monthly fee.
Never got charged for tap.
Unlimited debit transactions.

Only pay when you use a non-CIBC machine. Which I never do. Can’t lose!