• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Early morning drivers

UberFilter

I never have but I'm thinking about getting on the road about 4am to see if its any good. I have a friend who drives for a limo service and I know he always has airport runs at that time. Tomorrow is rosh hashanah, might be a bad morning.

CaptainJackLA

seems that the best early days are Sunday, Monday, Fri and Sat. And the day after a holiday. But once 8am comes around, surges are very little. gotta have good timing, and keep a weather eye out...:rolleyes:

Not Me

Holiday weekends and the workday after are usually slow. Tomorrow is a Jewish holiday. Believe it or not, many Jews corporate types use Uber. They won't be out tomorrow. Most schools are out, many offices will be closed - Jew owned businesses usually let their employees off for the day.
Now, Wednesday is another Jewish holiday.

So, this whole week will be slow. Personally, I've found that 3:30PM - 10PM work good. Mornings only 4AM-5AM (really 1-2 rides at most), and 7am-8am (again 1-2 rides). After 8:30am, everything in the Westside has started to slow down. After 10AM, forget about it!

UberFilter

"Believe it or not, many Jews corporate types use Uber."

What the hell does that mean?

I had a fantastic day 4am-noon. Almost didn't drive because of the holiday, so glad I did! Net $200

Gretzky

I had a good morning as well! Logged in to a complete red screen. Didn't believe it at first, but then hit a 1.5 surge to LAX from South Pasadena. Stayed busy up until around 11, where it came to a grinding halt. Took a long lunch, and then finished off with a couple quickies.
Now it's all about Monday Night Football!!! Go 9'er!!!