1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Early morning drivers

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by melxjr, Sep 13, 2015.

1. melxjr

melxjr

Whos getting out there, this morning at 4am? Hopefully good start to the new week!

2. CaptainJackLA

CaptainJackLA

Driving:
    UberX
    i go out at 7. i tried 6, but didn't seem to matter for that 1 extra hour.

3. UberFilter

UberFilter

I never have but I'm thinking about getting on the road about 4am to see if its any good. I have a friend who drives for a limo service and I know he always has airport runs at that time. Tomorrow is rosh hashanah, might be a bad morning.

4. CaptainJackLA

CaptainJackLA

Driving:
    UberX
    seems that the best early days are Sunday, Monday, Fri and Sat. And the day after a holiday. But once 8am comes around, surges are very little. gotta have good timing, and keep a weather eye out...o_O

5. Not Me

Not Me

Driving:
    UberPLUS
    Holiday weekends and the workday after are usually slow. Tomorrow is a Jewish holiday. Believe it or not, many Jews corporate types use Uber. They won't be out tomorrow. Most schools are out, many offices will be closed - Jew owned businesses usually let their employees off for the day.
    Now, Wednesday is another Jewish holiday.

So, this whole week will be slow. Personally, I've found that 3:30PM - 10PM work good. Mornings only 4AM-5AM (really 1-2 rides at most), and 7am-8am (again 1-2 rides). After 8:30am, everything in the Westside has started to slow down. After 10AM, forget about it!

6. Gretzky

Gretzky

Early mornings are my friend :)

Scenicruiser likes this.
  7. Not Me

Not Me

Driving:
    UberPLUS
    So, how was this morning for most of you?

8. God I wish I read your post last night..

9. UberFilter

UberFilter

"Believe it or not, many Jews corporate types use Uber."

What the hell does that mean?

I had a fantastic day 4am-noon. Almost didn't drive because of the holiday, so glad I did! Net $200

10. TransporterX

TransporterX

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Not as i expected for monday morning but it was okay for me.

11. Gretzky

Gretzky

I had a good morning as well! Logged in to a complete red screen. Didn't believe it at first, but then hit a 1.5 surge to LAX from South Pasadena. Stayed busy up until around 11, where it came to a grinding halt. Took a long lunch, and then finished off with a couple quickies.
    Now it's all about Monday Night Football!!! Go 9'er!!!

12. 100.00 net between 2 liverys

Scenicruiser likes this.