Early AM PAX - Drive Thru

run

What's with PAX who simply assume that you will go through the drive thru with them, I had a 6 PAX from Queen west heading to Scarborough. We are on the 401 and the PAX says take the next exit - he then points to McDonalds and Demands me to go in the Drive Thru - I said I do NO, I said I can drop you here and you can go inside and order your food and eat it and then request another uber. PAX became violent demanded I go in the Dive through and waiting behind 5-8 cars. I told them GTF OUT and go stand inline and order your food.

WTF has this come through....do any you have similar stories to share?

Myxx

What's with PAX who simply assume that you will go through the drive thru with them, I had a 6 PAX from Queen west heading to Scarborough. We are on the 401 and the PAX says take the next exit - he then points to McDonalds and Demands me to go in the Drive Thru - I said I do NO, I said I can drop you here and you can go inside and order your food and eat it and then request another uber. PAX became violent demanded I go in the Dive through and waiting behind 5-8 cars. I told them GTF OUT and go stand inline and order your food.

WTF has this come through....do any you have similar stories to share?
I go through late night drive thru's all the time.... No big deal to me ..

run

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
at .18 cents a minute it's a big deal to me - sometimes you can spend upto 10 mins at a late nite drive thru

djino

at .18 cents a minute it's a big deal to me - sometimes you can spend upto 10 mins at a late nite drive thru
Yup. I would think the majority would find $0.14/minute (after Uber's cut) to not be worth the time to be held up at a Drive-Thru. But I guess thats still good enough for many Uber drivers :smiles:.

djino
"Which means, Uber can still decrease rates much further!"

djino

This also invites the expectation that the PAX can eat food in your vehicle. But I guess this is also something that many drivers don't care about?

djino

Harry70

I do it all the time what the problem; 1 or 2 percent rides make this request; u have to little caring and give good service: I think so u have misbehaved and feel sorry for the riders: If i was rider would have complained rude behavior-1 star for sure: no eating in the car for sure: that's make sense: xl 20 dollars per hour plus detour 2 kilometers 2 dollars what else u want I still don't understand why I throw them out : it's 40-50 dollars ride; occasinaly on the contrary I have even offered if they want to grab a coffee if it a long ride and a pretty girl

Last edited:

Uberchampion

I do it all the time what the problem; 1 or 2 percent rides make this request; u have to little caring and give good service: I think so u have misbehaved and feel sorry for the riders: If i was rider would have complained rude behavior-1 star for sure: no eating in the car for sure: that's make sense: xl 20 dollars per hour plus detour 2 kilometers 2 dollars what else u want I still don't understand why I throw them out : it's 40-50 dollars ride; occasinaly on the contrary I have even offered if they want to grab a coffee if it a long ride and a pretty girl
If the pax is nice and respectful you that then accordingly. Of the pax is rude and demanding like the op's pax....you treat them accordingly.

We get paid to drive from A to B.....not give pax hand jobs.

Hannibalb

You basically arent making any money on time with no surge uber x if your car is running. If its a high surge or select its worth it otherwise tell them you arent getting paid for the time. They cough up something or gtfo.

Harry70

If the pax is nice and respectful you that then accordingly. Of the pax is rude and demanding like the op's pax....you treat them accordingly.

If it's 50 dollars ride

Run saying xl ride 50 dollars:I understand but one two minute doesnt make a difference: xl u paid 20 dollars and hour waiting :

Aldagr8

I had a couple last weekend who wanted Mac Drive through. Lady was pregnant. Both were polite so i agreed. It was a 15 bucks trip and the lady started eating the fries once she got them. Since they were expecting and i didn't say anything. The guy waited till they were back before eating anything.

I would probably only request them from eating if they were kids or drunk pax. I don't have a problem with a drive through as long as its on their tab.

Uberchampion

I had a couple last weekend who wanted Mac Drive through. Lady was pregnant. Both were polite so i agreed. It was a 15 bucks trip and the lady started eating the fries once she got them. Since they were expecting and i didn't say anything. The guy waited till they were back before eating anything.

I would probably only request them from eating if they were kids or drunk pax. I don't have a problem with a drive through as long as its on their tab.
You did them a sold..but getting grease off door handles is a pain in the ass.....I have kids. Have had to do it many times

biozon

You did them a sold..but getting grease off door handles is a pain in the ass.....I have kids. Have had to do it many times
Actually, my kid (7 year old now, but when we got the vehicle, he was only two) is very well behaved when it comes to cars (like father, like son). He doesn't leave smudges, fingerprints or footprints, crumbs, etc., behind. He learned to respect property and to be careful with it since early childhood. He treats our car better than 99% of Uber riders I've had over my experience.

Aldagr8

i know it's a risk but i do spend some time wiping down my seats. I make sure the inside/outside handles and window buttons are also wiped down at the end of the Uber ride. We can only do so much to avoid an annoyed pax with high inclination to rate a good ride 1*.

run

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
First of all Harry70 you should get a 1 star for you nonsense on this site!

Why would you think I have misbehaved, would you like to make $1.80 for waiting 10 min in a drive thru, and then worrying about grease stains and then the smell. Anyhow maybe for a low life like YOU $1.80 is a big thing.

Uberchampion

i know it's a risk but i do spend some time wiping down my seats. I make sure the inside/outside handles and window buttons are also wiped down at the end of the Uber ride. We can only do so much to avoid an annoyed pax with high inclination to rate a good ride 1*.
Actually, my kid (7 year old now, but when we got the vehicle, he was only two) is very well behaved when it comes to cars (like father, like son). He doesn't leave smudges, fingerprints or footprints, crumbs, etc., behind. He learned to respect property and to be careful with it since early childhood. He treats our car better than 99% of Uber riders I've had over my experience.
That's awesome. My 6 year old is good now but the younger one is a crumb machine. :smiles:

Good thing is, they mostly eat in my wife's car so she gets my 6 year old to clean up now