Inshur

Earliest booking for topographical test? Mar 2019

Abu982

Hi,so sent my application 15th Mar Online and got the topo test invite test 3 weeks later as per usual slow TFL process. Called TFL and earliest on all centers (and those not local from me East London) was 15th June..? 27th with Uber Greenlight as well? Rang a few centres to see if they could "share" information or at least mention why so late. I have been seeing many posts and also have relatives who literally were able to get these booked within the same month this year and Im sure they are playing shady games as they are like to do things off the books. I disapprove of these as it isnt just wrong but It sure gets you back in life.

Please can you kind people reassure me that this is normal to wait 3 months for the test? ....(which knowing the results would come after month following another month if TFL approve the seal)

P.s new to the forum but have been following posts unofficially, please forgive if i have missed any existing posts similar to this which are up to date.

Thanks all.

Abu

Abu982

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Abu, welcome to the forums. You might want to post this on your local forum, for a more geographically specific question like this. Good luck.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the speedy response, greetings and advice! Posted on the London forum and will end this one.

Appreciate the help!

UberLuxbod

Allow up to 6 months from start to finish. Unless you live in Central London there may be better options with non London Local Authorities

Brentwood for example.

Aj93

Sometimes they get cancellations at different centres so your best bet is to ring daily until you find a date much closer.
I was invited to topo test 3rd Feb rang them next avail date was May, rang back next day got a test in 27th Feb although it was at Colliers Wood literally opposite side of the river from me. But hey ho passed first time. Good luck.

Abu982

Allow up to 6 months from start to finish. Unless you live in Central London there may be better options with non London Local Authorities

Brentwood for example.
Well I am located in Tower Hamlets so I can only imagine that the application would take even longer to process....

Sometimes they get cancellations at different centres so your best bet is to ring daily until you find a date much closer.
I was invited to topo test 3rd Feb rang them next avail date was May, rang back next day got a test in 27th Feb although it was at Colliers Wood literally opposite side of the river from me. But hey ho passed first time. Good luck.
Wow!, Congrats on the pass!

I should mention when I was on the phone at the time I just booked the earliest there was, as the agent seemed to be getting annoyed because I kept asking for the earliest date from each center. He claimed there was no way of saying which dates were available from all centres in one go so we had to go through each one by one. The 15th of June I booked, but he said in order for me to even check the availability again, I would have to cancel my current one and then check.....I fear that if i were now to cancel i would lost the spot and be pushed back even further..?

I am sure even based on what you said that the "cancel to check" process is not as accurate as the TFL agent described?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Shane Sheikh

Well I am located in Tower Hamlets so I can only imagine that the application would take even longer to process....

Wow!, Congrats on the pass!

I should mention when I was on the phone at the time I just booked the earliest there was, as the agent seemed to be getting annoyed because I kept asking for the earliest date from each center. He claimed there was no way of saying which dates were available from all centres in one go so we had to go through each one by one. The 15th of June I booked, but he said in order for me to even check the availability again, I would have to cancel my current one and then check.....I fear that if i were now to cancel i would lost the spot and be pushed back even further..?

I am sure even based on what you said that the "cancel to check" process is not as accurate as the TFL agent described?

Thanks in advance.
I guess just wait it out. Be patient

Abu982

I guess just wait it out. Be patient
Of course I agree as that’s the only
option now , I just wanted to know how others are able to call and check regularly for earlier slots whilst still preserving their existing booked one.

Abu982

So as mentioned , Congrats on the pass !! Please can you advise how you’ve been able to check the booking schedule without having to cancel your existing slot?

Thanks in advance !