1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Dying out here

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by IanK, Jul 21, 2017.

1. IanK

IanK New Member

So I've been online tonight since 5pm and have had exactly one (1) ride. An otherwise busy Friday night here in Downtown Rochester, NY

What's really aggravating me is looking at the rider app. There's between 7-10 other Uber's out and I can watch them drive past me in the app and I can SEE their cars are FULL of people.

Wth is going on? Someone please entertain me, please!

20yearsdriving and tohunt4me like this.
  2. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    Everyone has heard of the life changing money of becoming an Uber driver. They say that there is over 600,000 active Uber drivers in the country. So if Uber has a million rides a day that means each driver gets a little over a ride and a half a day. All those cars you've seen pass you with pax in them, don't worry they'll be done for the night real soon and it'll be your turn.

3. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

These cars you see in the app are not the ones you see full of people. Those you can't see in the app

Flacco, cindym, Roadrunner93 and 4 others like this.
  4. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber feeds new driver's to get them hooked

Rakos and tohunt4me like this.
  5. IanK

IanK New Member

What do you mean?

6. BeccaTUber

BeccaTUber Member

Omg you guys are nuts. I'll tell you exactly what is happening. First step.. uber comes in and charges whatever they want as long as it's cheaper than a taxi. A bunch of new drivers come in and make money. Lyft comes in and both companies drop prices. Now.. we have drivers working both apps.. riders are pretty much the same steady amount. So there is a ton of drivers and same amount of riders. The demand isn't going up. The average driver drives for 1 year and gives up. They tell drivers that demand is going up but they're just trying to retain a steady flow of drivers.

1st State UBER, mKat, Flacco and 5 others like this.
  7. Grahamcracker

Driving:
    UberX
    Well, that all may be true to some point but it's hard to ignore the district manager at a meeting when he does tell us that they feed new driver's more rides to get them hooked.

Rakos and tohunt4me like this.
  8. BeccaTUber

BeccaTUber Member

Really? You went to a meeting for Uber with a district manager? And who's controlling all of the new driver algorithms? I dunno.. sounds kinda crazy. They get all of these drivers.. get them hooked and then drop them for newer inexperienced drivers? So what happens when they run out of drivers?

9. Grahamcracker

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes. It was a meeting about 4 weeks ago for the driver's to talk about the new changes and the district manager was there. I have posted details about it in other posts. Feeding new driver's was one of the things I remember him saying. The answers to all your other questions, you're better off asking him or your local manager.

Here's the link to the thread I posted about a meeting or "breakfast".

https://uberpeople.net/threads/uber-invited-me-to-breakfast.175473/

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    koyotemohn and tohunt4me like this.
  10. BeccaTUber

BeccaTUber Member

What's his name? How do I contact the district manager? I'm just asking the same questions that the other drivers would like to know. Who's the district manager in Phoenix? And if you're in HI why were you at a meeting here in phx?

11. Grahamcracker

Driving:
    UberX
    I wasn't in a meeting in PHX, it was a meeting in HI. I don't remember his name because his name doesn't affect my wallet and here is a link of the invitation to the meeting I attended weeks ago

https://uberpeople.net/threads/uber-invited-me-to-breakfast.175473/

tohunt4me likes this.
  12. BeccaTUber

BeccaTUber Member

So you're all against the company but they want your input? What do you do besides drive?

13. Grahamcracker

Driving:
    UberX
    I am active duty in the Army.

tohunt4me likes this.
  14. BeccaTUber

BeccaTUber Member

Ok and you drive uber too? You're at hickam? What unit? Usually army doesn't have time to have a side job

15. Grahamcracker

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes, I drive for Uber as well. Hickham is an Air Force base, not likely to have much Army personnel. I am at Fort Shafter and you would be surprised how many active duty military members here drive for Uber/Lyft since your saying they don't have time

Flexibility with Uber is why I can do it. Most soldiers spend their time going out but I choose to make extra money with my free time. It's not uncommon to have a weekend off every once in a while. I'm not sure why I'm trying to convince you of anything, I have nothing to prove to you.

RIDESHARE_BRO, Sub Guy, unPat and 4 others like this.
  16. BeccaTUber

BeccaTUber Member

ok well I'll take your word for it. It's kinda upsetting that active duty people have time for an extra job. Especially when I've been married for 18 years and my husbands career field has always been undermanned. I guess that's the government for ya

No you don't have anything to prove to me. I just found it kinda odd that you are doing all of this stuff for a side job.. that's all.

Also you have time to post all of these threads.. like hundreds.. for a side job.. outside of an active duty job. Odd that's all

874 messages since november

Uber315 and tohunt4me like this.
  17. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

This is true

Sounds like a FOREIGN SPY GATHERING INFORMATION !

Dont Answer !

JoeyA likes this.
  18. BeccaTUber

BeccaTUber Member

Oh geez. I just am curious because he's so involved in uber.. his side job.. all of these posts and then I find out he's active duty.. weird.

Also now that I think about it.. you do have something to prove to me and everyone else.. if you're taking time from your government job to post about your side job. You're paid by us.. the tax payers. So I hope you're keeping your nose clean ;

19. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

The I.R.S. has a job for You !

20. Yulli Yung

Yulli Yung Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    How do you spell b*i*t*c*h??????