Duped by drive time to pax?

Philthy

Noticed recently that when I accept a ride and start driving to pax, that many times the estimated time to arrive doesn't change much. I understand it's estimated but something's wrong when I accept and start driving and it says 8 minutes but it really takes me 20 minutes!?!? And with no traffic?!? And I don't drive slow to a pax.

Cableguynoe

Noticed recently that when I accept a ride and start driving to pax, that many times the estimated time to arrive doesn't change much. I understand it's estimated but something's wrong when I accept and start driving and it says 8 minutes but it really takes me 20 minutes!?!? And with no traffic?!? And I don't drive slow to a pax.
What navigation are you using?

AllGold

I have seen that a few times recently. The estimated time on both pickups and drop offs get stuck and don't update, then right before arrival skip ahead to catch up.

scott9002ca

I think the issue is that customers see the wrong estimated pickup time. As a rider I've been fooled by this. Almost missed my 5 minute window. No wonder my rider rating is 4.5

Mista T

Author
I think the issue is that customers see the wrong estimated pickup time. As a rider I've been fooled by this. Almost missed my 5 minute window. No wonder my rider rating is 4.5
You are a 4.5 because when you bring an open container into the car, you don't bring an extra one to share with your driver.

Selfish jerk.

Atom guy

I have seen the opposite happen. The time to pickup is advertised as one thing, then I accept and the pickup is much closer.

MarkR

GOOGLE MAPS is KING!

Use uber to get the $$$ and use google maps to get you there in a sensible way.

Benjamin M

GOOGLE MAPS is KING!

Use uber to get the $$$ and use google maps to get you there in a sensible way.
I was using Google Maps until what appears to be a change in a recent update. The map shows me as a dot until I reach about 15 mph, making it hard to tell which direction I should turn after picking up the pax. Very annoying.

Uber315

That’s another of Uber’s fraudulent practices to get you to take trip.

Carblar

That’s correct . Believe me they will pay for the damage they have done to many people.
I hope so. There is some serious evil in that organization. I believe one day we will hear things that only sound like wild conspiracies now. For one I'm of the mindset they steal some tips some times

Delilah5

The estimate time to pick up is almost always off, usually taking longer to get there.
Use Google maps or waze.
They won't lie to you

OP is talking about the request screen that Uber uses their own mapping screen. It always shows shorter time when it usually takes longer after you accept the ride.
This is how Uber tricks drivers by a few minutes.