• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Dumbest Things Passengers Do.

johnydynamic

I’ve been driving part-time over 3 years. During that time I’ve learned, among other things, how stupid Pax can be.
  1. Pax that call you up and give you crap on the way to the pickup and then expect you to show up. This weekend I had just headed towards a long pick up when the phone rang. It was the pax who immediately started grilling me; did I have the pickup location, how long until I’d be there, did I have the drop off location (which of course I didn’t). I confirmed for him that I was on my way. Then he concluded “Fifteen minutes? I’m waiting!” Like he was speaking to some kind of servant/child. I then reassured him I was on my way and immediately cancelled the ride.
  1. Pax who stand where you can’t possibly stop to pick them up. My 2 favorites are a highway entrance ramp and a construction zone in downtown SF with “No Stopping-Tow away Zone signs posted everywhere and a bunch of cops standing right next to them.

Seamus

Couple of weeks ago I accepted a ride on a busy Friday night. Right away guy calls me to tell me we got a couple of stops to make (ATM, Pharmacy, Deli, and Liquor store) no problem right? I said yeah not gonna be a problem for me! Hang up and cancel ride.

I'm glad he told me so I could cancel!

JTTwentySeven

How about when pax try and be smart?
This past Wednesday, group tries to fit 5 pax in my X... "Oh the other drivers have no problem." Then they throw out "I'll give you a $20 tip!" Bro, please. If you were being legit, you could have gotten an XL for less than $20 extra. Bye Felicia!

NYCFunDriver

I’ve been driving part-time over 3 years. During that time I’ve learned, among other things, how stupid Pax can be.
  1. Pax that call you up and give you crap on the way to the pickup and then expect you to show up. This weekend I had just headed towards a long pick up when the phone rang. It was the pax who immediately started grilling me; did I have the pickup location, how long until I’d be there, did I have the drop off location (which of course I didn’t). I confirmed for him that I was on my way. Then he concluded “Fifteen minutes? I’m waiting!” Like he was speaking to some kind of servant/child. I then reassured him I was on my way and immediately cancelled the ride.
  1. Pax who stand where you can’t possibly stop to pick them up. My 2 favorites are a highway entrance ramp and a construction zone in downtown SF with “No Stopping-Tow away Zone signs posted everywhere and a bunch of cops standing right next to them.
Good for you!

I had that happen a few weeks ago when I was in the process of dropping off other PAX. It was a Pool request. PAX calls says he and his wife are waiting for me in a restaurant. I told him they have to walk to the pick up location shown on the app. He was very aggressive, insisting I call him when finished with my trip. I said ok. As I was dropping PAX off they said don't pick him up ( call was on speaker), I agreed and cancelled immediately.

Alexxx_Uber

Pax that when you driving in a small narrow street and almost arrived at the drop off location says “on the left please”. What do they exactly mean, when there is not even a drive way?

massey

stupid pax that ask so many personal questions
for example
name
date of birth
country of origin
language spoken
marital status
how much money we make
car is leased or financed
where do i live
if i am pt or ft driver
and the list goes on

LaughingMan

Offer me drugs, and not just weed, like hard cocaine and stuff.

One of three middle aged women completely drunk in my car decided to repeatedly ask me to look at her phone as she holds it up near my face and ask what I thought of the picture.

btone31

stupid pax that ask so many personal questions
for example
name
date of birth
country of origin
language spoken
marital status
how much money we make
car is leased or financed
where do i live
if i am pt or ft driver
and the list goes on
Where did you go to high school?
How long have you been driving for U/L?
Do you like doing this? (REALLY?)

Christinebitg

we got a couple of stops to make (ATM, Pharmacy, Deli, and Liquor store) no problem right?
I take those stops. It's when I clean out my car.

I think I may ask Santa Claus to get me a dust buster this year, so that I can vacuum then too.

But I can understand not wanting to make stops.

BikingBob

- Starting a cigarette when the app says I'll be there in less than 3 minutes.

- Walking in front of my car

- Asking me my honest thoughts on X, Y, Z

- Trying to get multiple stops like "Oh we are dropping (him, her) off here and I am down the road"

KK2929

And how is this a dumbest thing?
They are being considerate.
Offer me drugs, and not just weed, like hard cocaine and stuff.

One of three middle aged women completely drunk in my car decided to repeatedly ask me to look at her phone as she holds it up near my face and ask what I thought of the picture.
--------

Tells me the "ladies" did not get lucky in the bar, so they wanted to party with the ride share driver.

Crazy stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zubera New York City 7
Djhuber63 Melbourne 16
M Chicago 21