1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Dumbest Things Passengers Do.

Discussion in 'Stories' started by johnydynamic, Nov 26, 2018.

1. I’ve been driving part-time over 3 years. During that time I’ve learned, among other things, how stupid Pax can be.
    1. Pax that call you up and give you crap on the way to the pickup and then expect you to show up. This weekend I had just headed towards a long pick up when the phone rang. It was the pax who immediately started grilling me; did I have the pickup location, how long until I’d be there, did I have the drop off location (which of course I didn’t). I confirmed for him that I was on my way. Then he concluded “Fifteen minutes? I’m waiting!” Like he was speaking to some kind of servant/child. I then reassured him I was on my way and immediately cancelled the ride.
    1. Pax who stand where you can’t possibly stop to pick them up. My 2 favorites are a highway entrance ramp and a construction zone in downtown SF with “No Stopping-Tow away Zone signs posted everywhere and a bunch of cops standing right next to them.

TeleSki, KellyC, mrpjfresh and 7 others like this.
  2. Seamus

Seamus

Driving:
    UberX
    Couple of weeks ago I accepted a ride on a busy Friday night. Right away guy calls me to tell me we got a couple of stops to make (ATM, Pharmacy, Deli, and Liquor store) no problem right? I said yeah not gonna be a problem for me! Hang up and cancel ride.

I'm glad he told me so I could cancel!

3. JTTwentySeven

JTTwentySeven

Driving:
    UberX
    How about when pax try and be smart?
    This past Wednesday, group tries to fit 5 pax in my X... "Oh the other drivers have no problem." Then they throw out "I'll give you a $20 tip!" Bro, please. If you were being legit, you could have gotten an XL for less than $20 extra. Bye Felicia!

KellyC, LAbDog65, BigBadJohn and 3 others like this.
  4. NYCFunDriver

NYCFunDriver

Driving:
    UberX
    Good for you!

I had that happen a few weeks ago when I was in the process of dropping off other PAX. It was a Pool request. PAX calls says he and his wife are waiting for me in a restaurant. I told him they have to walk to the pick up location shown on the app. He was very aggressive, insisting I call him when finished with my trip. I said ok. As I was dropping PAX off they said don't pick him up ( call was on speaker), I agreed and cancelled immediately.

mrpjfresh and Christinebitg like this.
  5. Alexxx_Uber

Alexxx_Uber

Pax that when you driving in a small narrow street and almost arrived at the drop off location says “on the left please”. What do they exactly mean, when there is not even a drive way?

chicagolyftpiper likes this.
  6. massey

massey

stupid pax that ask so many personal questions
    for example
    name
    date of birth
    country of origin
    language spoken
    marital status
    how much money we make
    car is leased or financed
    where do i live
    if i am pt or ft driver
    and the list goes on

x100, freddieman and Pax Collector like this.
  7. Offer me drugs, and not just weed, like hard cocaine and stuff.

One of three middle aged women completely drunk in my car decided to repeatedly ask me to look at her phone as she holds it up near my face and ask what I thought of the picture.

x100 likes this.
  8. btone31

btone31

Where did you go to high school?
    How long have you been driving for U/L?
    Do you like doing this? (REALLY?)

teh744 and massey like this.
  9. Zebonkey

Zebonkey

Driving:
    UberSUV
    And how is this a dumbest thing?
    They are being considerate.

10. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    I take those stops. It's when I clean out my car.

I think I may ask Santa Claus to get me a dust buster this year, so that I can vacuum then too.

But I can understand not wanting to make stops.

Wh4tev3r!!!! likes this.
  11. Getting into a car without verifying at least the driver name and license plate.

12. Spotting me driving toward them and they start walking out into the road.

TeleSki, KellyC, mrpjfresh and 4 others like this.
  13. - Starting a cigarette when the app says I'll be there in less than 3 minutes.

- Walking in front of my car

- Asking me my honest thoughts on X, Y, Z

- Trying to get multiple stops like "Oh we are dropping (him, her) off here and I am down the road"

x100, SuperStar3000 and BigBadJohn like this.
  14. --------

Tells me the "ladies" did not get lucky in the bar, so they wanted to party with the ride share driver.

15. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn

Order an Uber.

16. Jerseyguy72

Jerseyguy72

Driving:
    UberXL
  17. Wh4tev3r!!!!

Wh4tev3r!!!!

When they stand in the only open spot for me to pull over so I don't block traffic.

18. Duckman963

Duckman963

Driving:
    UberXL
    Direct me to a location with the uber app.

19. Crazy stuff. Thanks for sharing.

20. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Right in the spot where you COULD have pulled over without impeding traffic. Always.

TeleSki, mrpjfresh and Cableguynoe like this.