1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Dulles ping, not in the lot

Discussion in 'Washington DC' started by bart2puck, Sep 10, 2015.

1. bart2puck

bart2puck Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I just got a ping for Dulles. I'm over in ashburn....

2. nutzareus

nutzareus Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Maybe no one is waiting in the bullpen.

3. bart2puck

Driving:
    UberX
    Maybe, find that hard to believe though.

4. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Thats because Uber system is screwed up.

I got pings even though other 10 drivers got to the cell phone lot before me.

5. bart2puck

Driving:
    UberX
    I am sitting in the IAD lot right now, and just got 2 requests outside (brambleton and ashburn). Why? does my queue status reset for airport runs?

/frustrated.

6. Uberest

Uberest Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't get it. I received a ping from outside a rental car company, right on the street up from the lot. In thinking about this, I may have been physically the closest uberx to him, as I was in a parking space at the edge of the lot closest to the rental car companies. I have yet to receive a bona fide ping from an arriving passenger where the pick up can be made at arrivals or the short term lot, since uber made their 9/1 announcement.

And at DCA, yesterday, 2d time this happened, I dropped off a pax and immediately received a ping to pick up a pax also at DCA.

7. bart2puck

Driving:
    UberX
    That is what probably is happening to me too. 5am ashburn is dead for drivers. My problem is, I am at airport, I don't want to drive around. I want airport pickups.

On your second note, I have been fairly successful at getting pings. Sometimes the waits are longer then I would like. 45-1hour. But they payoff has been pretty good. Most rides are a good distance and out me near city for rest of day...

8. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Got ping from car rental as well but I was in the middle of the lot.

Before the new rule, I got a ping from Airspace museum. It was a long ride back to DC.

9. bart2puck

Driving:
    UberX
    Confirmed with uber support, u will get non-airport pings. If u cancel those. Queue resets.

10. ademola77

ademola77 New Member

glitch in the system. Most of the time, it's the other way around. You sit in the waiting lot for an hr and start getting pings from chantilly/sterling and get kicked off for not accepting them. There are times if you are driving around sterling/reston area, you will get pings from the airport, and really start scratching your head when u drive by a lot full of uber drivers as u leave the airport. This surprisingly happens alot.

11. UberRalph

UberRalph Well-Known Member

This thread is a year old...

12. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber is a technology company.