• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

DUI plates

pizzaladee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ha! I guess they don’t have them everywhere. If you have a DUI you can get work privileges on your license but you get special license plates.
Post automatically merged:

AD7B1985-5251-49B8-A198-342521130A39.jpeg
Regular plates

Party plates

rideshareMN

Whiskey plates is the name in Minnesota (they have a W in front)

In Minnesota (and possibly other states) "whiskey plates" are
special plates that are issued to a person after they get caught driving drunk
. They look distinct from other plates issued in the state and usually have a specific prefix in the number to identify them.

I believe EVERY vehicle under title to the person who got the "dooie" has to have these plates, so it's possible for someone else in the household to be burdened under the whiskey plates who was not actually drunk driving.

Another Uber Driver

Ohio, Minnesota and Georgia still have them. Other states have had them, or, have had special registration stickers. Most of those states have eliminated them.

In Illinois and Indiana, when the drunk drivers got community service, they had to wear these Day-Glo vests that had DRUNK DRIVER on the back of them. If you refused to wear the vest while you were picking up trash, you did not get credit for showing up and got referred back to the court. I understand that both of those states have discontinued the use of those vests.

If you do not want the public shame, you should not drink and drive. This country mollycoddles drunk drivers as it is. I have lived in places where they did not give out restricted licences. You rode the bus. No bus in your area? ......'hope that you have family and friends willing to drive you.......................take up long distance bicycling...........................

This is one reason why you have people who still drive despite multiple DWIs. If the courts actually had enforced the laws that were on the books and suspended and revoked driver's licences, we would not have this nonsense now where MADD has you legally drunk if you even smell a beer in the air. If the courts had been yanking licences back when it was -point one, there would not be the problems that there are to-day.

Oddly enough, MADD does not support the public shaming. Shame is a powerful tool

Another Uber Driver

We call ‘em ‘Techtonic Plates’
They give restricted licences in Australia for DWI?

When I lived in Canada, there were no restricted licences. Your first offence got you a mandatory one year suspension, MINIMUM, in addition to fines, picking up trash, and, if you did too much damage, jail.

Your second offence got you onto the bus FOR LIFE, in addition to fines, mandatory trash picking up, and, this time, you DID go to JAIL. you went directly to JAIL, you did NOT pass GO, you did not collect Two-Hundred-Dollars (loons or greenbacks)..

I do not know if that is still what happens in Canada, but, when I lived there, it was.

Who is John Galt?

They give restricted licences in Australia for DWI?

No, that was a joke. It is pretty heavy shit here. I am a bit out of touch, and I believe there are different penalties for the degree of intoxication but (I believe) in every instance, loss of license / disqualification of license is immediate on detection above 0.05.

Impounding of the vehicle also comes into play and the fines can run into $000’s.

As Über / rideshare drivers the limit is 0.00 / zip / nix / nada.

Seamus

In NY you don't get a license plate you get a mandatory ignition interlock. Now that I know what they are I see them in cars all over! You have to pay for the installation and monthly fee.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Most places around the world it's one and done for drunk driving.

China- .02-0.8= large fine + suspension, >.08= 3 years in jail

In japan not only will you go to jail an lose your license, but you can also get fined for supplying a drunk person with a vehicle to use or riding as a passenger with someone who has been drinking. Most companies will fire you on the spot for the dishonor. 15 years of hard labor if there's injuries, 20 with deaths.

Saudi Arabia- public lashing
United Arab Emirates- Public lashing+ Fines

pizzaladee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That looks like a historic plate. The registration dates are 41 years apart.
Actually they’re 10 years apart.

The numbers on the left show which county it’s registered to. The numbers on the right are the month and year of expiration. January of 05 and January of 15

CarpeNoctem

None in Texas that I know of. But, the DMV may assign a prefix or something that cops know to watch for.

I had never heard of it until I started online racing with an Aussie that called himself PPlater (provisional plate). I may be wrong but it is just not for DUI as student drivers or anything that causes a suspension can get you one. Good times. Good guy. Damn good racer when he was sober.

Wrb06wrx

In NY you don't get a license plate you get a mandatory ignition interlock. Now that I know what they are I see them in cars all over! You have to pay for the installation and monthly fee.

View attachment 335027
That's for the first time offense? cause a guy at work has one and he has 2 DWI offenses. Had a friend when I was young (20yrs ago) got 1 and he had to literally fight for 5 yrs with DMV to get his license.

Messed up thing is keys were only in his ignition yes they were in ACC position and he was rolling up his windows up closing his sunroof and locking his car up we were actually waiting on a cab cop said he saw him go into the car and turn the the key with the intent of driving away even when the cab got there to pick us up he wouldn't let him go because we were waiting on the corner my friend was in the parking lot....

but I wholeheartedly agree with the law DWI is not a game.