Dude makes $300 per day doing UberEats

Coachman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smithers54

I think the issue is that ppl post the top dollar amount but never list the amount of hours in. The most I made was 276 in one day. that was 16 hrs. Right now I am lucky to make 100 in 7 to 8 hours. I was doing this full time and working full time. I have a job where I work 4 on 4 off 5 on and 5 off.

LetsBeSmart

I appreciate the screenshots. But somebody has to explain how you can average $14 per trip on UberEats (see @KevinJohnson's post.) I don't know how anybody can do that in my market. My typical Eats trip is about $5 to $6. I've never had a $14 trip on UberEats. Not once. It's typically a 2 to 5 mile ride with a $2 or $3 tip. Tell me how you get $14 out of that.

I consider these types of results outliers. They might shut the thread down. But it doesn't add much value for most of the posters here.

And it doesn't change the premise of the thread. The guy I met was bullshitting.
300. day, ha ha ha, and then you woke up in a cold sweat.

Oscar Levant

I was waiting to pick up an order at Five Guys and the other guy there told me what a great day he was having doing only Eats. $300. It was 7pm. So lets assume he started at 7am and worked straight through for 12 hours... that's $25 an hour every hour all day doing delivery. Sounds legit.
I'm averaging $18 sometimes $20 an hour with UberEats, and it's fairly steady. He's probably exaggerating ( where he had one week of $300, and is saying it makes that all the time, this is typical of drivers , cabs, UBer, etc., kinda like how fisherman exaggerate the size of their fish they catch) and on top of that, he's working 14 hours a day. I figure I could do $1200 a week if I worked at that pace 6 days a week, maybe more, but I'm old and out of shape.
Post automatically merged:

Knowing your city, and knowing how to efficiently and effectively work multiple apps
UberEats, on almost every delivery, feeds me a new delivery before I finish the one I'm on. There is no need to keep more than one app going. But, unless you live in a small town, or a large town with a saturation of drivers, I can understand. It's just not true in my city of North County San Diego

I asked you to explain how you earn $14 per trip on UberEats. Posting more screen shots is not an explanation.

If you're managing to get big tips on Eats, how do you do it? Because I usually get small tips.
My trip average, factoring in tips, is about $8 per delivery. No way he could average $14 per delivery UNLESS he accepts trips where the delivery fee is $10 or so. That's not a strategy I prefer, but to each his own.

First, I do not accept deliveries where the estimate total is more than $6, and I prefer $5 and under.
Because I prefer to work in an area where there is a high concentration of people per square mile.

This allows me to deliver more food than if I worked the outer 'burbs where everything is spread out.
I worked out there, and I found that my miles were something lke 120 - 130 miles per 7 hour shift.

I find that when I accept long trips my paid miles goes down drastically, which accellerates depreciation, maintenance, etc.

IN the urban area, it goes down to bout 80 - 90 miles per shift So, paid miles goes up, total amount of food deliveries goes up, and though tip percentage ( ration of tippers to non tippers ) goes down only slightly, but the total $ value of tips goes up. It's like this, the more food you deliver, the more tips you will make which more than offsets the delivery fee portion which is about the same, because you have more trips than you would if you accepted longer trips.

The issue of doing longer trips, is dead miles on return, you wind up in areas you don't want to work in, so you deadhead back.

If you do short trips, you are in a trip zone evrytime you land.

Last edited:

KevinJohnson

No way he could average $14 per delivery UNLESS he accepts trips where the delivery fee is $10 or so. That's not a strategy I prefer, but to each his own.
Correct, part of my strategy is to accept longer runs. However this is done selectively. If I am in Zone A for example I might decline a $10 delivery to Zone Y. But I will accept a $10 delivery to Zone B that also has good restaurants that pay well.
This is accomplished by looking at the map and deciding if the ping will leave you in a good position or not. I do appreciate the short run strategy you describe, short runs provide for greater frequency.

Last edited:

DriverMark

I get the food there on time and deliver to their door politely and safely. What more is there?
Not eating a few fries on the way......

Eats here is feast or famine. I could go an hour without an Eats delivery request. Other times I might have to decline several in an hour as they don't stack with my DD delivery. With tipping, Eats seems more profitable than DD. But it's a risk as don't see the tip until approx hour half after finish the delivery.

I did see a Unicorn Buffalo Wild Wings Saturday. Base of $21ish and perhaps 6-7 mile delivery. Could have been $25-30 once tip came over. Never know as it didn't go with my 2 DD orders I was about to pickup for $18 (actually came out to $22 in the end) and had to decline the eats. Still curious what that might have ended up.

Don't seem to be many eats drivers in my area.

Last edited:

LetsBeSmart

Not eating a few fries on the way......

Eats here is feast or famine. I could go an hour without an Eats delivery request. Other times I might have to decline several in an hour as they don't stack with my DD delivery. With tipping, Eats seems more profitable than DD. But it's a risk as don't see the tip until approx hour half after finish the delivery.

I did see a Unicorn Buffalo Wild Wings Saturday. Base of $21ish and perhaps 6-7 mile delivery. Could have been $25-30 once tip came over. Never know as it didn't go with my 2 DD orders I was about to pickup for $18 (actually came out to $22 in the end) and had to decline the eats. Still curious what that might have ended up.

Don't seem to be many eats drivers in my area.
Ha Ha Ha, that happened to me once, I had a couple of cops order from within a courthouse where there is always a line to get in, so I call them and they are not answering thinking I will come in but I didn't and ate their lunch.