Dude lyft new primetime is a joke

touberornottouber

So when you see this happening either go offline or drive away from the surge. Why work those areas to make Lyft an extra $10 and you only $1? If enough drivers say "no thanks" they willl have to change it back.

Some might be saying "still it's an extra dollar" but don't forget that in surge areas you typically have higher traffic. That means it will usually take longer and of course the per minute pay is total crap in most areas.

nonononodrivethru

Not one dollar extra...demand through the roof and they are charging double -triple rate from the Pax app....lol
I let fifty in a row go by and not one penny anything....just shows the heat map orange....kiss my azz

Man, they are five times worse than Uber for greed.

Most drivers are leaving Lyft. Takes way too much volume to surge

If drivers don't work for Lyft and turn off Uber app until there is a surge, we control the algorithm.

Howie428Uber

They're so desperate to copy the flat surge that they've probably botched the programming. I checked in on Lyft several times during the first Saturday bar close after they changed over. There was no Primetime at all, but one of their +$10 zones appeared 15 minutes before the bar close. It was gone again by 10 minutes after the close.

I've said for a while that when Lyft actually pick up a passenger it's a happy accident. They do nothing to make it happen and they don't care if it doesn't.

Seamus

Not one dollar extra...demand through the roof and they are charging double -triple rate from the Pax app....lol
I let fifty in a row go by and not one penny anything....just shows the heat map orange....kiss my azz

Man, they are five times worse than Uber for greed.
About 3 weeks ago, I got so annoyed I deleted the Lyft app off my phone. Haven’t downloaded it back yet! LOL

New2This

I've ranted about this several times

GFY Lyft
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

Noble Ape

They still do PrimeTime here in San Antonio, but it's always a block or two at 25%, and never for more than a few minutes. I've cancelled Lyft rides en route to take an Uber, usually because it's closer and there's at least a small surge attached.

On a side note, today is the last real day of Fiesta, our big celebration and its crazy busy but no PrimeTime and surges are spotty. Not worth it, both of them are off and I'm home watching hockey.

Side Hustle

About 3 weeks ago, I got so annoyed I deleted the Lyft app off my phone. Haven’t downloaded it back yet! LOL
I haven’t deleted anything, but I haven’t driven for either company in over 3 months. Uber sent me an email asking me if I was still “committed” to driving for Uber, LOL. Raise the pay, if you (Uber/Lyft) want us get out and bail more hay!

Jake Air

I haven’t deleted anything, but I haven’t driven for either company in over 3 months. Uber sent me an email asking me if I was still “committed” to driving for Uber, LOL. Raise the pay, if you (Uber/Lyft) want us get out and bail more hay!
That's interesting. I told Uber I was putting them on a time out like a 3-year-old. That was last May. I've not received anything asking me if I'm still "committed." The truth is I'm very much still committed.....to keeping them on their time out punishment. lol
Unfortunately LYFT is getting so awful, I may have to swallow my pride pretty soon. :frown: