• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Dtw with 100 in queue.

nameless313

3 days ago I made $400 at the airport. No other drivers we're there. Not even black cars or suv. I was and have been select only. It was great and I expect this will not happen again for a long time.

Now... There are 100 uberx drivers in queue on a Thursday...

Hahahhahahaha..
Ahh Hahahhahahahah..
Hahahha...

It is surging EVERYWHERE in detroit area BUT the airport, because there are 100 uberx waiting for an airport Pickup.

That's my favorite part about seeing 100 drivers there right now, I'm in Royal Oak with a 4x surge from there to Birmingham.

Screenshot_2017-03-16-17-36-26.png

nameless313

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lmfao, what are people thinking right?

Average queue on busy days moves about 20 to 30 MAX per hour. That's on High Traffic DAYS! Who would sit for 3 to 4 hours in queue for a possible 20 dollar fare. $10 to $15 majority to downtown.

I JUST DONT GET IT

vesolehome

I don't believe that queue for a second...it has been a little wonky the last few times I was there. I was in it and it didn't pop up for 10 minutes. When it did, it has 23 in the queue and they were being pegged off 2 or 3 at a time and I had my ping within a few minutes. But it wasn't busy...when I drove up the pickup area was light and there were maybe 10 people outside.

Good for you on the $400 day...wonder where everyone was at...

LauraC93

Guy I know uses spoofing software and hangs out at home until there is 20 cars. He can also put himself back in the Que. when coming back from a long trip. Even with all that cheating, he still doesn't do that well. Uber used to warn him all the time, then they just stopped one day.

I think they are doing it on purpose to get people to drive elsewhere, esp when it's surging a lot of other places.
I think you're right. Goes too quick to really be that many cars.

vesolehome

Guy I know uses spoofing software and hangs out at home until there is 20 cars. He can also put himself back in the Que. when coming back from a long trip. Even with all that cheating, he still doesn't do that well. Uber used to warn him all the time, then they just stopped one day.

I think you're right. Goes too quick to really be that many cars.
Don't you have to unlock your phone to do the spoofing

NoVaDJ61

3 days ago I made $400 at the airport. No other drivers we're there. Not even black cars or suv. I was and have been select only. It was great and I expect this will not happen again for a long time.

Now... There are 100 uberx drivers in queue on a Thursday...

Hahahhahahaha..
Ahh Hahahhahahahah..
Hahahha...

It is surging EVERYWHERE in detroit area BUT the airport, because there are 100 uberx waiting for an airport Pickup.

That's my favorite part about seeing 100 drivers there right now, I'm in Royal Oak with a 4x surge from there to Birmingham.

View attachment 105487
I was there all day on Thursday. I never saw it above 35. Not sure if this pic is doctored or what, but that is ridiculous. I have never waited long for a ping.

nameless313

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't believe that queue for a second...it has been a little wonky the last few times I was there. I was in it and it didn't pop up for 10 minutes. When it did, it has 23 in the queue and they were being pegged off 2 or 3 at a time and I had my ping within a few minutes. But it wasn't busy...when I drove up the pickup area was light and there were maybe 10 people outside.

Good for you on the $400 day...wonder where everyone was at...
Thanks! All the drivers were taking the snow storm off. Nobody drives during snow storms. Make sure you have good tire tread and anything but rear wheel drive car and it's a breeze honestly. My 2 biggest data have both been snow storms.... These mild winters have made that a rare occasion though.

I was there all day on Thursday. I never saw it above 35. Not sure if this pic is doctored or what, but that is ridiculous. I have never waited long for a ping.

I didn't fabricate the picture. That WAS the queue Thursday.

They may just be showing me something different. And it may have fixed itself or something if I stayed in queue. Idk honestly. Maybe this is just uber telling me I am no longer wanted at the airport....

LeD3

How about 50 to 60 ubers were dropping off for 7 or 8 out going flights and were instantly placed in the que upon trip completion. Along with 20 or so drivers returning to the airport from drop offs. Combined with other dtivers who were already in the que. I regularly drop off at dtw and see 30 plus in the que. Stop at the speedway for a pit stop. Get back in the car and the que is 7 to 10. I bet alot of drivers get placed in that while dropping off and then just drive away.
I've driven back from AA and have been placed in the queue when passing by the airport even if I had no intention of stopping there. I've noticed a few times that my queue number plummets almost immediately when picking up at DTW and then lags for a while.