DTLV:"Cab Driver Attacked & Robbed ".

Uberx Vegas

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

Police released images of a man being sought in a robbery inside a taxi cab in downtown Las Vegas over the weekend.

MOREAdditional LinksPoll

According to Las Vegas Metro police, a cab picked up a person on the Las Vegas Strip bound for downtown at 10:25 p.m. on Sunday.

When the cab arrived in the area of Fremont and 10th streets, the passenger robbed the driver, causing injuries, police said. The passenger then took off on foot.

Police described the passenger as a black man between 25 and 35 years old with a thin mustache. The man stands about 6'2" in height. He was last seen wearing a white shirt and light-colored shorts.

Police urged anyone with information on the case to contact Metro's Downtown Area Command Investigations Section at 702-828-3683. Tips can be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 702-385-5555.

Copyright 2016 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved. more below :http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/32490555/man-sought-in-downtown-las-vegas-taxi-cab-robbery

uberxreallysux

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

Police released images of a man being sought in a robbery inside a taxi cab in downtown Las Vegas over the weekend.

MOREAdditional LinksPoll

According to Las Vegas Metro police, a cab picked up a person on the Las Vegas Strip bound for downtown at 10:25 p.m. on Sunday.

When the cab arrived in the area of Fremont and 10th streets, the passenger robbed the driver, causing injuries, police said. The passenger then took off on foot.

Police described the passenger as a black man between 25 and 35 years old with a thin mustache. The man stands about 6'2" in height. He was last seen wearing a white shirt and light-colored shorts.

Police urged anyone with information on the case to contact Metro's Downtown Area Command Investigations Section at 702-828-3683. Tips can be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 702-385-5555.

Copyright 2016 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved. more below :http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/32490555/man-sought-in-downtown-las-vegas-taxi-cab-robbery
This is the reason why can drivers refused to pick up black peoples. It's not because of the color of their skin. It's their actions. Shame all good black folks all across the country. Police shooting young black men not because they are black because of statistics like this. All brothers please stop shaming the color black. Young black men whom wear their pants to their ankles and robbed and kill others are ruin it for the rest of us good folks. I'm black and I hate black people when they do this.

Randompanzy

This is the reason why can drivers refused to pick up black peoples. It's not because of the color of their skin. It's their actions. Shame all good black folks all across the country. Police shooting young black men not because they are black because of statistics like this. All brothers please stop shaming the color black. Young black men whom wear their pants to their ankles and robbed and kill others are ruin it for the rest of us good folks. I'm black and I hate black people when they do this.
Just because some idiot assaults a cabby doesn't mean they have the right not to pick up black people that's so racist :s

uberxreallysux

Just because some idiot assaults a cabby doesn't mean they have the right not to pick up black people that's so racist :s
It's not a question of rights and it's not racist because of color. It's more of statistics and trends. All over USA blacks can not catch a cab not because of race it's because they are afraid to be the next victim.

Freebyrdie

Sending healing vibes to this unfortunate driver. This incident begs to question.....does uber/Lyft afford more safety to driver because credit card info is on file? Yes...the card or phone could be stolen. With cabs though...it seems like a greater risk...all pax are anonymous.

Lvcab9404

Sending healing vibes to this unfortunate driver. This incident begs to question.....does uber/Lyft afford more safety to driver because credit card info is on file? Yes...the card or phone could be stolen. With cabs though...it seems like a greater risk...all pax are anonymous.[/QUOTED I think you guys are a lot safer than taxi drivers, I personally know of at least 3 robberies last month to taxi drivers and it was never on the news, I like that about uber.

Freebyrdie

Everybody knows cabbies are loaded with cash from fares and tips. They are easier to rob than 7-11 stores. They are all sitting ducks waiting to be plucked.
It has crossed my mind a time or two to check out driving for one of the cartels....this issue alone has kept me from pursuing. Well, this issue and the work when I wanna work issue don't work when I don't wanna work issue.

The Mollusk

It has crossed my mind a time or two to check out driving for one of the cartels....this issue alone has kept me from pursuing. Well, this issue and the work when I wanna work issue don't work when I don't wanna work issue.
The "cartels" huh?

Watch the kool-aid, it's giving you a ridiculous mustache.

You're aware that you work for the biggest cab company out there, right ?

Azazel

Don't cabs have a safe drop for cash?
No they don't you have to carry what you make. You can be carrying a lot of cash with you so you usually hide it in 3 to 4 places in the car if you get robed you still have to pay your book at the end of the day.