1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Drunks!

Discussion in 'Advice' started by mcj, Jul 22, 2017.

1. mcj

mcj

Driving:
    UberX
    I love and I hate drunk people. The first drunk person was around 4 PM yesterday and we were all talking about tips, when he starts to get out of the vehicle he throws 2 crumpled up bills to my front seat, each one was a $20. Ohh, ****! His friend that was with him quickly pointed out that those were all $20 bills. He didn't care, yay for me.

Same night, it was a torrential down pour and I was waiting at a bar for a pax to get in. Him and his buddy hop in, two seconds later 3 more guys come in my car while it's a downpour, the fifth guy, literally does Superman and jumps in and lays across all his buddies. Everything is soaked. All the dudes in the car were screaming go go go. I drove one block to their stop. I gave him one star so now I have a 4.6 because I'm guessing he did the same. From now on I'm never going to put it in drive if that happens again. What what others have done in that situation? I'm uberx btw.

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. Lock your doors, ask how many? If more than 4 just cancel for too many riders. Uber will not cover you in the event of an accident for a pax you didn't have a seat belt for. Stop enabling riders to be cheap. XL exists for that reason.

3. unPat

unPat

Don't start the trip unless you are sure you want to transport these cheap x passengers. It's better to cancel sometimes than to deal with unnecessary annoyances.

4. Coachman

Coachman

Driving:
    UberX
    Where does Uber say that?

5. [QUOTE
    I'll retract that as the insurance policy only states all riders. On a personal level I wouldn't take more people than I have belts for.

6. UberBastid

UberBastid

That's just not true. Insurance will cover you. Uber will fire you. Cops will give you a ticket. Oh well, now ya gotta go get a different minimum wage job.

tohunt4me likes this.
  7. Ms.Doe

Ms.Doe

Driving:
    UberXL
    EXACTLY WTF YOU SAID!

tohunt4me likes this.
  8. Coachman

Coachman

Driving:
    UberX
    Me neither.

tohunt4me likes this.
  9. $40.00 tip !
    You should LOVE drunks !

10. Hogg

Hogg

You're hurting XL drivers who have invested to be able to take larger groups and undermining the company's business model when you overload the car. Cancel so they can't rate you (make sure its been long enough to get paid) and leave. I usually tell the passenger to cancel so my ratings aren't affected.

Cableguynoe likes this.
  11. sd1303

sd1303

"I can only take four of you. You'll need to order an Uber XL or a second UberX."

Repeat as needed until they figure it out, cancel, or reach the five minute mark.

12. UberFairy

UberFairy

Driving:
    UberX
    Had two DRUNKS in my car last night, & they were not getting along with each other.
    i didnt enjoy it was glad when i reached their destination

13. Definitely don't take more than 4 in an X ride. If you need to cancel, so be it. Wait out the 5 minutes and collect the cancellation fee since you drove all the way there and they knowingly wasted your time, gas, efforts, etc.

What Richardheads.

It sounds like you were in an area where getting another ride request right away would have been guaranteed.

Sometimes pax are just ****ty people. You got stuck with some of them. This is a lesson - now you know in case it happens again. As far as the rating retaliation goes, as of December 2017 pax can't see their updated rating (with their most recent driver's rating calculated in) until they first rate the driver. So if they did give you a bad rating, it's just because they're *******s but not because they knew you gave them a bad rating.

Awesome on the $40 tip though! Hopefully you'll have more of those types of pax and less of the inconsiderate cheap-ass "5 pax in an X" type. Some folks are so rude.

14. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    Negative, XL drivers hurt X drivers by taking their fares!

Hokoth and Julescase like this.
  15. Hokoth

Hokoth

definitely agree with you

16. Glock19

Glock19

Driving:
    UberX
    A while back I got a ping. The riders were just around the corner at a bar. I saw 5 women started walking to me. I kept the doors locked. When they arrived, I told them I could only take 4 of them. One woman said only 4 were getting in. I unlocked the doors and all 5 of them got in. I turned by dash cam around (I still have the footage). I cancelled the trip and told them to get out. They refused to. Then I tell them: do you want to get out of my car the easy way or the hard way? They started to get out.

Rakos likes this.