• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Drunk Suburb Girls

UberMeansSuper

It was 2:00 AM, just dropped off a really tipsy guy in a suburb of Fort Worth. I am contending logging off, since I do live in Dallas over 40 miles away and at this rate, I could end up anywhere. I pump gas ($2.09/gal! I can't pass this up!) and forgot to log out so I get a ping back to the bar where I picked up Mr. Tipsy.

First issue, the requestor is not outside. I wait my routine 0:04:30 before calling, it's a lady, says she can't see me (I'm the only car with my headlights off flashing my 4-ways; seriously?!) I again calmly explain what my car looks like, flash the high beams, and she goes back in the place, and brings out three more ladies. Oh. God. Why?

The whole way, they are the proverbial annoying drunks (minus the requestor, who is in the front seat mothering the three ladies in the back and apologizing), talking about stupid stuff, asking stupid questions one over the other, and they decide they all want Whataburger. (I hate drive-thru riders - it wastes my time and with the fare cuts, the waiting is basically free). While we are waiting for the line to move, she kept saying how sorry she was, how nice and brave I am to endure this, and said she would tip for my stress. I just smiled and said, "oh, neat." (I've said this before, but PAX who say they will tip actually tip 0% of the time)

The requestor/front rider sticks a fry in my mouth; I politely decline and back away and just pretend to extra focus on the road. She decides to get dropped off first. I'm stuck in the car now with the three others and have to curbside drop them off. After an agonizing 20 minutes of acting like SuperShuttle (remember, they're drunk and their sense of direction in this subdivision with multiple cul-de-sacs, dead ends, and streets that loop back to the main road, it was hell). Oh, and she didn't tip.

The whole thing was a $15.00 (pre-UberTaxesAndFees), 52-minute hellish affair. They also didn't tip.

And to make matters worse... I didn't notice one forgot their iPhone (in one of my seatback pockets) until the next morning when I performed my daily clean. So guess who had to drive back the 45 miles back to Suburbia?

Thanks, Uber!

Renaldow

Yeah, typical Saturday night :smiles:

If a pax leaves something behind in your car, you don't have to drive 45 miles to get it to them. You can tell them when and where to meet you at a time and place convenient to you. Make them drive the 45 miles. You're doing them the favor. You could easily have thrown it out or dropped it at the nearest police station lost & found.

merkurfan

It was 2:00 AM, just dropped off a really tipsy guy in a suburb of Fort Worth. I am contending logging off, since I do live in Dallas over 40 miles away and at this rate, I could end up anywhere. I pump gas ($2.09/gal! I can't pass this up!) and forgot to log out so I get a ping back to the bar where I picked up Mr. Tipsy.

First issue, the requestor is not outside. I wait my routine 0:04:30 before calling, it's a lady, says she can't see me (I'm the only car with my headlights off flashing my 4-ways; seriously?!) I again calmly explain what my car looks like, flash the high beams, and she goes back in the place, and brings out three more ladies. Oh. God. Why?

The whole way, they are the proverbial annoying drunks (minus the requestor, who is in the front seat mothering the three ladies in the back and apologizing), talking about stupid stuff, asking stupid questions one over the other, and they decide they all want Whataburger. (I hate drive-thru riders - it wastes my time and with the fare cuts, the waiting is basically free). While we are waiting for the line to move, she kept saying how sorry she was, how nice and brave I am to endure this, and said she would tip for my stress. I just smiled and said, "oh, neat." (I've said this before, but PAX who say they will tip actually tip 0% of the time)

The requestor/front rider sticks a fry in my mouth; I politely decline and back away and just pretend to extra focus on the road. She decides to get dropped off first. I'm stuck in the car now with the three others and have to curbside drop them off. After an agonizing 20 minutes of acting like SuperShuttle (remember, they're drunk and their sense of direction in this subdivision with multiple cul-de-sacs, dead ends, and streets that loop back to the main road, it was hell). Oh, and she didn't tip.

The whole thing was a $15.00 (pre-UberTaxesAndFees), 52-minute hellish affair. They also didn't tip.

And to make matters worse... I didn't notice one forgot their iPhone (in one of my seatback pockets) until the next morning when I performed my daily clean. So guess who had to drive back the 45 miles back to Suburbia?

Thanks, Uber!

what phone? you didnt see a phone...

why waste your time.. give it to the office, the cops, or... what phone?

Desert Driver

lol at least educate me on the inside-joke!
As IC's we need to live by the motto - ABC. ABC means Always Be Compensated. Which is why, for example, I have to charge the pax when I have to return personal items left behind. As IC's, we cannot afford to give away our time. Remember, when you're an IC, no one's time is more valuable than yours. No one's.

Michael - Cleveland

I didn't notice one forgot their iPhone (in one of my seatback pockets) until the next morning when I performed my daily clean. So guess who had to drive back the 45 miles back to Suburbia?
If you're that far away, report it to Uber, let the pax contact you and tell them you'll be happy to drive the item back to them... just have them open the Uber app, move the pin to YOUR location, and request a ride.
A.B.C. (when it matters)

Michael - Cleveland

https://uberpeople.net/threads/no-more-10-for-lost-item.15588/

Good thread on the topic of lost items.
Uber''s position is "You're Car, Your Fare, Your Problem"

Uber's position (agree or disagree, it is a defenisble position) -
Part of providing exceptional service is ensuring that when passengers leave your vehicle, they have all of their belongings. We recommend always double checking after you end a trip so if something is left behind, you can return it right away without having to go too far out of your way.

Fuzzyelvis says:
Translation it's your job (not their's) to keep track of pax belongings and return them if you f*** up and miss something.

UberMeansSuper

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://uberpeople.net/threads/no-more-10-for-lost-item.15588/

Good thread on the topic of lost items.
Uber''s position is "You're Car, Your Fare, Your Problem"

Uber's position (agree or disagree, it is a defenisble position) -
Part of providing exceptional service is ensuring that when passengers leave your vehicle, they have all of their belongings. We recommend always double checking after you end a trip so if something is left behind, you can return it right away without having to go too far out of your way.

Fuzzyelvis says:
Translation it's your job (not their's) to keep track of pax belongings and return them if you f*** up and miss something.
Yeah, Uber has replied with that bolded part before when I report lost items.

I did look after all had left. I stopped to get coffee right after all 4 PAX had been dropped off for the 40 mile trip home. But the iPhone had lodged itself between the two seat cushions that it wasn't visible easily even with the light at the gas station.

I do check my vehicle after each PAX for items and damage so I can always report it, but this time, I don't know how Drunk Lady #3 managed to lodge the phone there.

Michael - Cleveland

Yeah, Uber has replied with that bolded part before when I report lost items.
I did look after all had left. I stopped to get coffee right after all 4 PAX had been dropped off for the 40 mile trip home. But the iPhone had lodged itself between the two seat cushions that it wasn't visible easily even with the light at the gas station.
I do check my vehicle after each PAX for items and damage so I can always report it, but this time, I don't know how Drunk Lady #3 managed to lodge the phone there.
That's more than I do... I'm lucky if I remember to glance over my shoulder at the back seat.

Last edited:

Another Uber Driver

I ask every passenger, be it UberX or in the taxi "Do you have everything?". If they say "yes", then anything that they leave behind is on them. If they call me, and I am nearby, well, I guess that they must be living right.

If no offer of compensation or a tip is forthcoming......"Telephone? WHAT telephone? I ain't seen no telephone. Nope, sorry, not here. No, I will not drive twenty miles so that you can search my car. As unreasonable as Uber is about all of this, even Uber is not THAT unreasonable. What part of this escapes you? The 'There', the 'is', the 'no' the 'telephone' the 'in' the 'my' or the 'car'? or is it the result that you get when you put all of the above together that escapes you?"